Stipe has fought some of the worst game planners/IQ fighters in MMA

Brom Bones

Where's that little soy boy, bitch Ichabod?
@Black
Reaction score
Werdum - Charge towards opponent with hands down, throwing punches... twice in a row.

Overeem - Fought an ok plan. Probably shouldn't have gone for the guillotine after dropping Stipe. Gave him too much time to recover.

JDS - Let a guy with a severely compromised leg to pin you against the fence and needlessly stay in the pocket. Not attacking the hurt leg relentlessly.

Francis - Throw bombs with no patience and gass yourself out in the 1st round. After "underestimating" your opponent.

This is no knock on Stipe. I'm just making a point here. After watching these fights, I noticed how hittable he is. He's got a ton of heart, but he gets rocked a lot. Against Werdum, it's probably 50-50, whoever manages to drop the other. Against a healthy Cain, I think he puts Stipe away. His chin is solid enough to absorb Stipe's shots and he should have enough power to stop him.

My point is that these fighters had all the tools to beat him with a better game plan, especially JDS and Francis. They blew that chance with stupidity.

Last edited:
I disagree. Fighters make mistakes. Thats how they lose. Doesnt mean its a bad gameplan. Thats just how they fight.

yea and so has every other champ lol

fuck u hater

#andstill

I disagree. Fighters make mistakes. Thats how they lose. Doesnt mean its a bad gameplan. Thats just how they fight.
I think there's a big difference between simply making a mistake and doing obviously stupid shit. Volkan got beat by a better DC, but Rumble's attempt to outwrestle DC was inexcusable.

Stipe was just better than those guys. It's why he won. He is the champ for a reason.

“So and so is a better fighter they just made this one mistake against this one guy” is such a shit argument.

If they were better fighters they...... wouldn’t have made those mistakes against Stipe.

The amount of hate coming for Miocic after such a big win is astonishing. Sad actually.

Maybe he should build a time machine

Hop in and go to 2004
Smash prime Fedor

Then 'brom bones' the sherdog yellow belt will have some respect for him

I think there's a big difference between simply making a mistake and doing obviously stupid shit. Volkan got beat by a better DC, but Rumble's attempt to outwrestle DC was inexcusable.
Sure but this is regarding stipe and i dont agree the op assessment

Werdum - Charge towards opponent with hands down, throwing punches... twice in a row.

Overeem - Fought an ok plan. Probably shouldn't have gone for the guillotine after dropping Stipe. Gave him too much time to recover.

JDS - Let a guy with a severely compromised leg to pin you against the fence and needlessly stay in the pocket. Not attacking the hurt leg relentlessly.

Francis - Throw bombs with no patience and gass yourself out in the 1st round. After "underestimating" your opponent.

This is no knock on Stipe. I'm just making a point here. After watching these fights, I noticed how hittable he is. He's got a ton of heart, but he gets rocked a lot. Against Werdum, it's probably 50-50, whoever manages to drop the other. Against a healthy Cain, I think he puts Stipe away. His chin is solid enough to absorb Stipe's shots and he should have enough power to stop him.

My point is that these fighters had all the tools to beat him with a better game plan, especially JDS and Francis. They blew that chance with stupidity.
I actually agree lol. Most of the guys in the HW division have easily exploitable weaknesses and Stipe has the confidence to gameplan around them. Compare that to Overeem who melts at the smallest sign of hardship, JDS who can't stop going to the fence, Ngannou who gasses himself out in 2 seconds, Hunt who still has piss poor TDD, and Arlovski who still is fighting even though his chin is shattered glass at this point. There's also Lesnar who withers away mentally after a few hits. At least Cain is good all around.

I will defend Werdum, though. Stipe said in his JRE interview that Werdum went for broke after he realized nothing he was doing was working. I rewatched that fight a few days ago and I agree. Werdum couldn't take Stipe down and Stipe was crazy confident on the feet. Werdum probably realized he'd get KOed eventually so he went for broke.

Maybe I'm expecting WAY too much on a Sherdog forum here. Nowhere did I say the were better than him or he didn't deserve to win. The point I was making was that his recent opponents have made some really stupid, boneheaded, illogical moves. I'm not a "hater" or anything. Just pointing out some strategy that left me scratching my head after each of these fights.

Is it too much to ask for a reasonable response that doesn't involve personal attacks, taking sides, childish immaturity?

“So and so is a better fighter they just made this one mistake against this one guy” is such a shit argument.

If they were better fighters they...... wouldn’t have made those mistakes against Stipe.
you couldnt br more wrong. Every fighter has tendencies. Its unavoidable. Even stipe.

I believe it is Stipe who forces them to go stupid.

They figure out that their gameplan won't work and looking Stipe's face, he does give a single fk about it.

Look how after the first exchanges Ngannou frowns, he's mad as fk and Stipe is like, cold.. Lol

Miocic is just unthreatening and vulnerable enough that fighters act retarded but dangerous enough to capitalize on it. It's a dangerous combination.

you couldnt br more wrong. Every fighter has tendencies. Its unavoidable. Even stipe.

Yup.... and those tendencies make them into the level/quality of fighter they are. In this case, there a 4 listed fighters who all “just made one mistake” against Miocic. Either a; they are the fighter that made that mistake, or b; Miocic manipulated them into making that mistake. Both of these options mean Miocic is the better fighter, no matter what angle you look at it. If he wasn’t, he’d be the one making mistakes against these four dudes and not the other way around.

Yup.... and those tendencies make them into the level/quality of fighter they are. In this case, there a 4 listed fighters who all “just made one mistake” against Miocic. Either a; they are the fighter that made that mistake, or b; Miocic manipulated them into making that mistake. Both of these options mean Miocic is the better fighter, no matter what angle you look at it. If he wasn’t, he’d be the one making mistakes against these four dudes and not the other way around.

Miocic didn't manipulate anything against Ngannou, Overeem or Werdum, he didn't make them throw excessively with pressure or feints, he was just there. I imagine they perceived him to be worse than he was and they paid for it.

Back