Stipe does it, he’s GOAT. Woodley does it, he’s boring.

Its pretty obvious why Woodley is held to higher and double standards compared to Stipe, ill just leave it at that to avoid the thread war for speaking the truth.

stipe landed more in one round than woodley in his last 3 five round fights combined

Both fights were shit and everyone involved in the fights are to blame.

Stipe vs Ngannou was good for 1 round, Woodley is bad the whole 5 rounds, also Stipe broke the title defenses record, he isnt the goat because of a single fight, also he isnt annoying AF outside of the cage.

Why the inconsistency?

Stipe fought a smart fight, and it was epic.

Tyron fights smart vs. Wonderboy and he’s shit.

Why didn’t Dana publicly blast Stipe the way he did Tyron?

<seedat>
I don't think Demian Maia punches nearly as hard as Francis though

Stipe broke the record for UFC HW tirle defenses. Woodley is on a fraction of GSP's title defenses and somehow made it more boring.

Why the inconsistency?

<seedat>
GSP does it for 5 years and he is loved. I don't get it either

Nobody likes Woodley, that's why there's a double standard. The reasons why nobody likes him are numerous and obvious.

it's not brain surgery.

Woodley defenders would argue that “T-Wood “ dropped and outstruck Wonderboy, while being born into a socio-political disadvantage.

TS keeps writing " some would say" , " Woodley defenders would say", " they would say"...

NO, you TS are saying !!

Hardly the same fight. First round Stipe stood and went toe to toe with the much larger devastating striker. Then on the ground the Champ landed more than double the strikes in each round as Woodley did in his entire fight with Mia. Which was a record low in any five round title fight.

Oh and Stipe actually took Ngannou down, wasn't afraid to engage . Issue was in the Mia fight Woodley didn't want to stand and trade or take down Mia who's very good on the ground. It was a wall and stall type fight. Which will never end up with a finish, without striking or going for a sub. Stipe was at least doing damage, unfortunately he gassed something dealing with the strength and size of the much larger fighter... but he tried.

Stipe was at least doing damage, unfortunately he gassed something dealing with the strength and size of the much larger fighter... but he tried.

Definitely. Also hard to say how much the shots he took affected his cardio too.

The comparison is about using risk aversion tactics to shut down a dangerous opponent.

Claiming that Ngannou isn't a massive threat after that fight is just fucking silly. Is he anywhere near as technical as Wonderboy? No, but he has an insane amount of power, and he mutilated Stipe's face with glancing shots. He also rocked Stipe when was he dead tired and throwing at quarter of the speed that he normally does.

If you don't respect either guy and try to play in their wheelhouse, you're going to get embarrassed.
Wow I was supposed to specify that I was saying Ngannou is infinitely more dangerous than Wonderboy?
Stipe couldn't afford to take one clean shot or he would have been fucking decapitated. Like you said he got busted up by glancing shots. Does that sound anything remotely like Wonderboy to you guys? It sounds like Woodley if anything.
Ridiculous comparison, pathetic thread

Why the inconsistency?

<seedat>
Oh yeh Wonderboy totally poses the same deadly threat in each shot like Ngannou. You fucking goof. Woodley was the dangerous one in their fight

Woodley defenders would argue that “T-Wood “ dropped and outstruck Wonderboy, while being born into a socio-political disadvantage.

Hahahaha socio political disadvantage really keeps black guys struggling in sports. That's why they all just go into education instead.

This fight is an outlier for Stipe. He came into it with 4 first round KO's and a 5 round beatdown with record number of strikes. You people have a memory of a gold fish. And since watching Woodley on the Rogan podcast, where he spent almost the entire thing crying how no one likes and respects him, I realized his fighting style goes hand in hand with his personality - boring and annoying. I respect his workrate and his effectiveness but man, the entire world is not out to get you.

Stipe fought his heart out. He was exhausted early on in the fight, but kept pressing on and did everything he could. I don't feel that's what Woodley has done in his fights. He's been much more tentative than Stipe would ever be in a fight.

Back