Stipe does it, he’s GOAT. Woodley does it, he’s boring.

stipe has 14 finishes in 18 wins

woodley has more decisions then he does knockouts

dude isnt close to stipe in terms of finishing fights. stipe did more vs ngannou then woodley did with a 40 year old maia who coulda been finished in the like the 2nd or 3rd round. fuck outta here with that shit lol

stipe landed 82 strikes in 1 round - aint that more then woodley landed in his whole fight with maia which was on the feet the entire time?

Why the inconsistency?

Stipe fought a smart fight, and it was epic.

Tyron fights smart vs. Wonderboy and he’s shit.

Why didn’t Dana publicly blast Stipe the way he did Tyron?

<seedat>
Stipe blasted Ngannou across the cage, outstruck him on the feet knowing how ridiculous Ngannou's KO power is, and put his bodyweight on Francis' throat and cranium. Compare that with Woodley huddling near the cage, waiting for his opponent to do something.

And I like Woodley. Dude is such a smart fighter and I don't blame him for fighting how he does. Two KOs and he'll be loved again.

while i do agree wonderboy should have takin the same scrutiny from dana in the media as woodley , i cannot condone anyone talking bad about damien maia.

kind of funny how everyone hates dana, but when he bashes a fighter everyone go's all in like his word is gold.
Exactly, Maia was much more active then Woodley in that fight by constantly looking for takedowns while Tyron was just stuffing them & moving around. Tyron had pretty much the entire 5 rounds to finish Maia, who was standing directly in front of him but instead decides to play grab ass

If the 1st round was like everything that happened afterwards people probably would complain.

For me I expect heavyweights to gas and be boring after 5-7 minutes, and that's pretty much what happened.
Still the opening was good so I give it a pass.

Why the inconsistency?

<seedat>
Stipe vs ngannou was boring

Usman didn't do any of that shit, yet people here attacked him relentlessly for fighting smart against Meek. Jon Fitch was one of the most despised guys in the sport for his style in spite of the fact that he was willing to fight anybody at his peak.

I got nothing against Stipe, but let's get real. Most of the people praising his "tactical brilliance" would have been up in arms about the way that he fought if we all hadn't been subjected to two months of absurd Ngannou hype.
Oh, are you suggesting it's racism now? Like Woodley?
Is this bs ever going to end?

Why the inconsistency?

<seedat>
They clearly DIDNT fought the same way...
Are high?

Nope, both was boring. Last night was the worst HW title fight of all time.

Why the inconsistency?

<seedat>

In the words of another enlightened Sherdogger, "Are high?"

You can be the GOAT and be boring.

With that said, Stipe is boring IMO and not even close to the GOAT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back