Stipe and DC both have a very important weapon missing...

Have you ever had a good look at Stipe's body (no homo)? That is a guy not built for head kicks. Long torso and relatively short legs; in fact he's got the shortest leg reach in the HW division. That's right, fireplugs like Hunt and DC outdo him in that category. In fact, before he had back issues and started stretching exercises to mitigate it, he wasn't even limber enough to kick high!

EDIT That being said...He did try a head kick in the Overeem fight, though it's easy to forget that since the next notable thing that happened was the Reem decking him. And I did lately read of someone -— I think one of the coaches he had on TUF — praising his high kicks, so maybe he's been working on them since the DC fight was booked?
True his legs look very short, but I've seen him throw head kicks, I guess when the timing is right.

The sport of leg kicking and checking with insane reflex time has improved immensely since Fedor vs Cro-Cop 12 years ago. Oh it hasn't? But current UFC is greatest ever just watch that Cormier kick and all the subs Cain has against 50 minutes of JDS pounding. The sport is evolving at such speeds I can't keep up anymore.
^this

The fight will be just like this:

except with more skills

Not that that was a great head kick, I just wanted to give myself a reason to post this video.

This is Heavyweight we're talking about. Not everybody can be as athletic as Mark Hunt.

giphy.gif

Or Cain

cain%2Bvelasquez%2Bufc%2B200%2Bkick.gif

It's almost amazing how limited HWs are when it comes to striking. When was the last time a HW fight ended by head kick? I legit can only think of Cain and Junior against Hunto and Brown. Spinning shit at that.

Cain probably would have been the GOAT HW if he could have stayed healthy.

DC rocked Barnett with a headkick. But he’s so short it’s not worth it, I’m sure he’s tried to get better knowing he trains with a great kicker in Rockhold.

Have you ever had a good look at Stipe's body (no homo)? That is a guy not built for head kicks. Long torso and relatively short legs; in fact he's got the shortest leg reach in the HW division. That's right, fireplugs like Hunt and DC outdo him in that category. In fact, before he had back issues and started stretching exercises to mitigate it, he wasn't even limber enough to kick high!

EDIT That being said...He did try a head kick in the Overeem fight, though it's easy to forget that since the next notable thing that happened was the Reem decking him. And I did lately read of someone -— I think one of the coaches he had on TUF — praising his high kicks, so maybe he's been working on them since the DC fight was booked?

I thought I was the only one who looked at bodies and leg reach like that and noticed it.. Yeah he has a pretty longish back and torso.. His legs do look small and I noticed he isnt too build for highkicks.. In UFC2 He does them fine though lol... Cain also... Short legs long torso.... But YOEL Also has a long torso yet can do all that LOL.

Stipe is not a high kicker. He has short legs. Which is fine. Better lower center of gravity because DC is gonna go for those takedowns. I think Stipe can stuff most of them. But DC might get lucky and take him down once or twice. Stipe is strong enough to get back to his feet in a timely matter and he has wrestling of his own. High kicks would be a great weapon to have against DC. Especially since DC isn't even that tall, 5'10 tops. Jones really murked DC with that head kick.

Wtf you too? I thought I was the only one who looked at bodies and leg reach like that and noticed it.. Yeah he has a pretty longish back and torso.. His legs do look small and I noticed he isnt too build for highkicks.. In UFC2 He does them fine though lol... Cain also... Short legs long torso.... But YOEL Also has a long torso yet can do all that LOL.

Stipe is not a high kicker. He has short legs. Which is fine. Better lower center of gravity because DC is gonna go for those takedowns. I think Stipe can stuff most of them. But DC might get lucky and take him down once or twice. Stipe is strong enough to get back to his feet in a timely matter and he has wrestling of his own. High kicks would be a great weapon to have against DC. Especially since DC isn't even that tall, 5'10 tops. Jones really murked DC with that head kick.

136_Stipe_Miocic_and_Francis_Ngannou.0.jpg

Just look at their even height from chin to head top.. But look at the different torso lengths LOL

I believe that DC is vulnerable to the body. Mir had some success to the body in the 3rd round of that fight with nasty body kicks. I believe that Jones took note of this, because he unleashed a nasty body attack in the 1st fight, with body punches, knees, powerful kicks and it took the gas tank away from DC by the 4th round. If I were Stipe I would be attacking the body a a big part of the plan..

Stipe can high kick but from the Arlovski fight he is in love with his boxing. TDD and boxing is all he will need against DC however.

Back