Stipe’s lay n pray strategy tonight

Kids today use that word but have no earthly idea what they're talking about.
Arona’s version of lay n pray has striking and Submission attempts. But they are only to fool the judges and ref. Because in Pride the rules require you to fight aggressively. That’s exactly what did Stipe by racking up so many strikes which were largely ineffective damage wise and just for points.

Look at R4
fb_img_1516521842855-jpg.328267

Yeah but that's counting all of those strikes on the ground also, of which many were shitty taps.

I'm glad Stipe won, but it did get boring as hell at times with the layin' 'n prayin'. Big difference between last night and Khabib's ground fighting.

The UFC commentary team tonight were very adamant that Francis would rather eat shots from Stipe on top than have the guy continue to lay on top of him and hug him like that.

That’s a typically asinine statement from those guys. Neither is ideal, but I’m pretty sure most fighters would prefer not losing brain cells from taking direct shots.

Anyway I think lay n pray is a legitimate strategy against strikers. It’s an approach that was popularised by the great Arona.
If he does it 7 more times he will gain a lot of GSP fans

lmao. The 0 was harder than the 82. Combined.

Watch the fight. You didn't watch it. You just read the stats.

Watch the fight.
Ordered the PPV and saw a lethargic Ngannou get hit 82-0 in the fourth. After the first he was basically a dead man walking, granted Miocic didn't look his best either. Good enough for 50-44 respectively.

Lay n pray... at times, sure

But also masterful game planning and execution on dealing with a larger, more explosive, and dangerous opponent that has put everyone he's faced in the UFC away and damn near killed his last opponent.

It's MMA.

Larger and more explosive yep Mark hunt sure is all that!! Not to mention Mark was obviously sick as he also stated. Stipe is the definition of lay and pray and fights for points unless he lands a lucky shot early then he doesn't have to resort to it! Both Markk hunt and Francis were basically beached whales a pile of body mass that couldn't even get up let alone fight back..

I think their faces at the end of the match says it all with regards to who landed the better strikes.
Then you just proved that you're a retard. You can't see internal damage on the outside.

82 "Punches" that did less damage then one of the few hits that francis landed on him in round 1... Pitter patter lay and prey at its finest.
Superficial damage. Let's see how their brains are doing first.

82 "Punches" that did less damage then one of the few hits that francis landed on him in round 1... Pitter patter lay and prey at its finest.
Lol stipe landed the most damaging blows of the fight though and that was on the feet

Every time Stipe went to strike on the ground, it gave Ngannou an inch to work with and begin to stand. Stipe had to regain position, drag him back down and start over. He did it many times. But he crushed that fool in every position

Larger and more explosive yep Mark hunt sure is all that!! Not to mention Mark was obviously sick as he also stated. Stipe is the definition of lay and pray and fights for points unless he lands a lucky shot early then he doesn't have to resort to it! Both Markk hunt and Francis were basically beached whales a pile of body mass that couldn't even get up let alone fight back..

The definition of lay and pray? He won his last 6 of 7 fights by knockout. Goddamn you’re stupid

A golden glove boxer “getting lucky” and KOing ppl with his punches? You don’t think he meant to do that dumb fuck?

Stipe fucking Miocic the DEFINITION of lay and pray? GTFO. How about Fitch Shields GSP. You have no MMA knowledge whatsoever

I see guys go till exhaustion in gyms and on crazy runs, and yet they still turn up to workouts the next day.

I don't see dudes who get pieced up by strikes/falls/impacts returning to workouts the very next day.

You can't sleep off damage.

Arona’s version of lay n pray has striking and Submission attempts. But they are only to fool the judges and ref. Because in Pride the rules require you to fight aggressively. That’s exactly what did Stipe by racking up so many strikes which were largely ineffective damage wise and just for points.

Honestly its pretty telling to look back isn't it? Arona was looked down on because he wasn't destroying people from ontop like Fedor, Nog, Shogun, etc but by todays standards he was still pretty active.

Ngannou couldnt do anything else then lay on his gassed ass

Back