Still think there is no white privilege?

Just out of curiosity, if you were half black and half white, and you were filling out a job or college application, what would you put for race?

And which do you think would give you a better chance of being hired/accepted just based on that one check box?

Black-it will give you a leg up in college and a leg up in gov't jobs.

It's easy if you know the circumstance but what if you didn't. If your choice was to be born into an "average" black or white family without knowing the details, which would you choose?

I'm going to be that again depends on who you ask.

Do you believe black people hate they were born black and would rather be white. Because that sounds like your statement.

I am happy the race I was born because that is what I know and I'm going to be most all black or whatever race think. Now if you ask would I rather be born into well off or poor family then that is easier to answer.

I'm going to be that again depends on who you ask.

Do you believe black people hate they were born black and would rather be white. Because that sounds like your statement.

I already qualified my statement with the word "opportunity" in my previous post. Talking straight opportunity I don't think it depends on who you ask, anyone would rather be born with more opportunity. Now which household has more opportunity, the average black family or average white family?

I am happy the race I was born because that is what I know and I'm going to be most all black or whatever race think. Now if you ask would I rather be born into well off or poor family then that is easier to answer.

Great, now statistically which family would have a better chance of being well off? The average black family or average white family?

22552729_1610922548969651_5823717282591160103_n.jpg

I already qualified my statement with the word "opportunity" in my previous post. Talking straight opportunity I don't think it depends on who you ask, anyone would rather be born with more opportunity. Now which household has more opportunity, the average black family or average white family?

Great, now statistically which family would have a better chance of being well off? The average black family or average white family?

This thread was about CEOS which is going to disqualify avg families regardless of color.

MickyDs is about the only F500 that isn't pulling it's CEO from the Ivies unless your family founded the company.

This thread was about CEOS which is going to disqualify avg families regardless of color.

MickyDs is about the only F500 that isn't pulling it's CEO from the Ivies unless your family founded the company.

I'm not talking about CEO's in my discussion with oldshadow, more of a side discussion.

Here's another take.

There are 323 million people in the US.

500 CEOs = .00000154% of the population. As someone else pointed out, we don't even know what percentage of that 500 are "white."

I don't know a Fortune 500 top executive. I don't know anyone who knows a Fortune 500 top executive. I don't know anyone who's received any inheritance or any gifts or benefits from a Fortune 500 executive.

As a white person I know that almost every white person I know is in debt up to their eyeballs. I know of a small handful of doctors and a few professionals that make, say, over 200K per year. The vast, vast majority of every white person I know and am related to is middle class to poor.

The end.

Also, I think there needs to be a "Dear Racist People" series put on Netflix.

"Dear Racist People. Not every white person has a Bentley. Not every white person has a butler. Not every white person is able to go to college. Not every white person has an estate with a picket fence. Etc."

My company would die to hire some black people just for the sake of diversity. But truthfully, they don't even apply. The process is so tough they usually don't even submit once they read the process. As a young kid out of college I worked for Enterprise Rent A Car. Like Will Ferrell said in step Bros.."They give you the tools to succeed" lol. It was a Mgmnt Trainee program and within 3 years I was making 6 figures. Plenty of diversity at the entry levels, none in upper management. Wasn't on purpose, but the first years are brutal and work ethic is paramount. I was vacuuming cars in a suit....some people aren't willing to do that.

Its an interesting question.

White people in general are driven by business success and are pushed in academic education by two parents. Theres many successful businessmen men to look up to.

If we are to accept the stats on black children being born out of wedlock(82%), the difficulties in a single parent giving children the same quality upbringing and that child ever having the drive to be a successful businessman is unlikely. Not to mention a clear disadvantage in education.

Correct me if im wrong here, but i get the impression large portions of young black people look up to musicians and famous black athlete's. If this is accurate, is it any surprise the drive to be successful in business is low?

Get the importance of a family unit instilled in young black parents to be. Perhaps then a shift in their future will drive them into a business world.

Great post.

According to them, yes. They think it's sooooo much easier to be white and they are constantly trying to get all the supposed 'privileges' we enjoy.

I don't care which family I'm born into as long as they are loving parents that value education the same as mine did and black families I know do

It's not about race it's about value. The only true way to lift people to a better life is education and that starts with the parents and ends with the parents.

Immigrants of all races know education and work is the way o a better life for them and their family's.

I don't care which family I'm born into as long as they are loving parents that value education the same as mine did and black families I know do

It's not about race it's about value. The only true way to lift people to a better life is education and that starts with the parents and ends with the parents.

Immigrants of all races know education and work is the way o a better life for them and their family's.

I asked about opportunity alone, which average family statistically has more opportunity, black or white? Is there a reason you don't want to answer this?

I asked about opportunity alone, which average family statistically has more opportunity, black or white? Is there a reason you don't want to answer this?

Maybe you should qualify " opportunity" ? Opportunity to what ......be annointed to an executive position and a corner office with a view? Or simply a better chance of growing up in a stable home with 2 parents and an emphasis on education? Ill give you the latter . Given equal family / child rearing techniques , id say everyone has roughly the same opportunity . I think youve got a terminal case of " the grass is greener" going on , and it's all you can focus on.

Now you'll have to excuse me , a few more Fortune 500 CEO job offer letters came in the mail today that I need to review.

I don't think it is a white privilege problem. I think it is a growing up with a solid family and values in place, and trying to do something with one's life other than sports and sell drugs kind of privilege.

Maybe you should qualify " opportunity" ? Opportunity to what ......be annointed to an executive position and a corner office with a view? Or simply a better chance of growing up in a stable home with 2 parents and an emphasis on education? Ill give you the latter . Given equal family / child rearing techniques , id say everyone has roughly the same opportunity . I think youve got a terminal case of " the grass is greener" going on , and it's all you can focus on.

Now you'll have to excuse me , a few more Fortune 500 CEO job offer letters came in the mail today that I need to review.

Opportunity to have a stable, successful, educated family. White children are more likely than black children to be raised by 2 parents and we both agree that family structure has a huge impact on a child's chances for success. I think we can also agree that net wealth of the family has a pretty big impact on the success of children. The median wealth of white households in now 13 times that of black families.

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/12/12/racial-wealth-gaps-great-recession/

There are race gaps in almost every conceivable social and economic dimension, the reasons for this are complex and I'm not one to attribute everything to a "rigged system". I believe a person and group has the responsibility and ability to rise up and create a better life for themselves but I also know that things are not equal. On average whites have more opportunity for success in America then blacks.

Out of the fortune 500 companies guess how many black CEO's there are?

30?
20?
15?
10?
5?

ALL would wrong answers. With Kenneth Chenault, the longtime chief executive of American Express retiring early next year there will be a total of 3 black CEO's.

I know some of you don't really math so that is 3/500 which is 0.60%... LESS than 1%.

"The lack of diversity in corporate America extends to the boardroom: Just 5.6% of board seats at Fortune 500 companies are held by black men, and just 2.2% held by black women, according to the Executive Leadership Council, which promotes diversity in corporate America"

So I'm curious white privilege deniers, what do you attribute this to? Maybe black people just aren't smart enough? Maybe they aren't working hard enough? What are your thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/news/companies/black-ceos-fortune-500/index.html
The most amazing thing about this post is that you are absolutely convinced you are submitting incontrovertible evidence. Ignorance + Arrogance is a horrific combination, fyi.

Back