Still think there is no white privilege?

they werent slaves when they committed genocide. I don't care about talk of remnants and excuses. They volunteered in the military and served as free men. Noone forced them. And lol at 2017 I guess that would make it ok for them to kill you too. anything to avoid treating them as moral equals.

Indentured servitude. Learn this history of your supposed homeland bro.

SbISy.gif

Proves my lexicon point solid let alone all my points every time I converse with ya. Yet I'm not the person no one expects much thought out of here :)

Whats up with the lame font color?

Lol so let me get this straight: criminality is not a social construct, everybody thinks the law should be absolutely obeyed, the weak (for some strange and unknown reason according to you) are the only ones that don't like jokes being made about them, and discrimination isn't pervasive in this society. Did I get it all?

The font and it's color is psychological bait for someone that's frustrated to grasp at.

Yes, criminality is not a social construct the way you are trying to apply it. Meaning not in reality like white privilege gets coined. Crimes do become crimes through social construction and the way society reacts to these types of behavior. It's a basis for shared assumptions of reality that come to form.

Yes laws should be obeyed as most make perfect sense, keep people civil and safe. A few laws I definitely don't agree with like a lot drug use laws and some others but most are sound and your life goes along nicely not testing them.

Yes weak minded people don't have senses of humor especially if you can't laugh at yourself and peoples imperfection. Seems like your comparing stereotypes to some form of bullying or personal attack. They are very different (someone being funny with good intentions and someone making vindictive attacks) and can be defined subjectively sometimes as people can't take a the most lighthearted jokes not even aimed at them. People who are no fun to be around and always find something to be negative about too. The war room has it's fare share of miserable sods who are incapable of admitting when they might be wrong about some fear filled mantra they have mentally imbued in themselves.

Lastly no, discrimination isn't prevalent in this society(given you're talking about the the US or Canada). Simply no, you ask like it's something easy to get away with when getting caught and called out on has harsh social and financial consequences.

Hope you got it all since you had to ask all those questions twice. I doubt you can refute any of that without moving a goalpost or narrating about single incident but I doubt you being able to dispute the reality we live in.

Interesting. So a person who has their college paid for and graduated with no student loans and then gets their security deposit and first months rent paid for my mommy and daddy has the same chance as the kid who has a single mom making 10 bucks an hour, has to attend community college and then graduates with 50,000 in student loans. .

Same exact chance. Ya... ok

Yeah zeb they have the exact same rights rich or poor. You quoted my post talking about equal rights and your response about two different individuals having a affluent and poverty background doesn't make sense or even relate to there civil rights.

To respond to what you bring up both those kids have to have done well in HS to even get accepted and no matter what, someone pays for the education. I had over 150k in student debt after getting my MS and payed every dollar of it off myself in less than 8 years. You know how I did that? Working my ass off at two jobs and being disciplined as hell. So yes they both have the same exact chance to succeed but like me the poor kid has to work hard and that makes that person much stronger than the rich kid.

I'm not a Fortune 500 CEO either. So where is my privilege exactly?

also people love to shoot this argument down like it's retarded

but it's kinda hard to argue intense white privilege when an African American guy was just elected President......TWICE
Ben Carson is literally in charge of a Fed Dept he has no clue how to run......after being one of the 3-4 minority candidates in serious running for the GOP candidacy (the GOP!)
The current Sgt Maj of the USMC is black (in fact, every Sgt Maj I had in the Army was also black)
The DNC chair is Hispanic
Oprah is astonishingly rich....and for what, exactly? She's so rich, she got Dr. Phil and Dr Oz rich...think about that for a second

Obviously there are things that can be deemed white privilege (mainly first impression based things like Cops following you, credit worthiness or having an unusual name on a resume getting overlooked, etc..), that's pretty obvious. Nobody locks their door or changes where they're walking when they see me approach b/c i'm the most unintimidating white person alive. Furthermore, there are obviously still lingering effects from when actual discrimination was in place Federally, and those results have yet to be completely overturned clearly. But at the same pt, jumping the shark and acting like skin color automatically equates to life output or success is patently absurd. It does appear that economic outlook on birth does correlate to later success as an adult, and that obviously gets tied into ethnicity w/ the wealth disparity currently present in the US.

IOW it doesn't appear to be helping the staggeringly high number of white people on the Social Welfare safety net currently

Out of the fortune 500 companies guess how many black CEO's there are?

30?
20?
15?
10?
5?

ALL would wrong answers. With Kenneth Chenault, the longtime chief executive of American Express retiring early next year there will be a total of 3 black CEO's.

I know some of you don't really math so that is 3/500 which is 0.60%... LESS than 1%.

"The lack of diversity in corporate America extends to the boardroom: Just 5.6% of board seats at Fortune 500 companies are held by black men, and just 2.2% held by black women, according to the Executive Leadership Council, which promotes diversity in corporate America"

So I'm curious white privilege deniers, what do you attribute this to? Maybe black people just aren't smart enough? Maybe they aren't working hard enough? What are your thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/news/companies/black-ceos-fortune-500/index.html

what about hispanics ? .. there are more of them here than blacks by a good margin .. they're the ones who should be getting more of those jobs if wanna go down that road

I guess Im ignorant on the Jewish angle to this. People in here are talking about antisemitism and I legitimately fail to see the comparison. Care to enlighten me? Serious question.
Rupert went all nostromo on a post earlier threatening to dump it for anti Semitism when it had nothing to do with Jews.

but it's kinda hard to argue intense white privilege when an African American guy was just elected President......TWICE

He could equally be considered an "Kansas white" American as half his DNA came from his mother. The fact that there is a proclivity to use the 1 drop rule in all situations in race mixing is yet another permutation of "white privilege". White women can have black babies but black women ALWAYS have black babies.

What is this suppose to prove?

It’s same type of argument used when talking about % of blacks incarcerated

It can be used by both sides

One side will argue it’s clear evidence of systemic racism

The other will argue it’s a ethnocultural problem within a certain group

Seriously? The NBA will put any player on the floor that can help them win. Whether they are black, white, chinese, it doesn't matter. They take the best players who just HAPPEN to be 75% black because basketball is something they happen to excel at for reasons that aren't necessarily important to this discussion.

Do you think there aren't enough smart blacks out there to be fortune 500 CEOs?

Seriously? Fortune 500 companies will put any businessman as the CEO that can help their company. Whether they are black, white, chinese, it doesn't matter. They take the best businessmen who just happen to be white because business is something they happen to excel at for reasons that aren't necessarily important to the this discussion.

Do you think there aren't enough athletic whites out there be NBA players?

Obviously there are things that can be deemed white privilege (mainly first impression based things like Cops following you, credit worthiness or having an unusual name on a resume getting overlooked, etc..), that's pretty obvious.

You could only spin that into 'white privilege' if it only applied to white people, but it doesn't. Most of these arguments are based around the concept of a black disadvantage, living in an imaginary world where there are just black people and white people.

He could equally be considered an "Kansas white" American as half his DNA came from his mother. The fact that there is a proclivity to use the 1 drop rule in all situations in race mixing is yet another permutation of "white privilege". White women can have black babies but black women ALWAYS have black babies.

Too be fair blacks embraced the concept.

You’ll see many mixed ppl act like they’re the blackest ppl out there

They were paid. take your own advice.

The agency of black people was heavily mitigated in 1866. Let's not pretend that black people had a lot of options for gainful employment. White people saw an opportunity and they exploited black people. Buffalo soldiers were analogous to the Judenrat in the 1940s.

Too be fair blacks embraced the concept.

You’ll see many mixed ppl act like they’re the blackest ppl out there

They have no choice but to embrace it, they didn't make the rule.

The agency of black people was heavily mitigated in 1866. Let's not pretend that black people had a lot of options for gainful employment. White people saw an opportunity and they exploited black people. Buffalo soldiers were analogous to the Judenrat in the 1940s.
they werent exploited. they were paid to kill people and were honored for it. not having the best economic advantages doesnt excuse genocide. Lots of germans could use that excuse for being nazis as their country was in the shitter and guess what? it doesnt fly. noone buys it.

Anecdotes don't count
he's one of the richest African Americans in the entire world, and one of two minority owners of an NBA Team (w/ the Kings owner, from India IIRC)

not exactly an 'anecdote' is my pt, it's not 'some guy I knew once'
more importantly he made his wealth largely not from basketball earnings (much lower salaries then, plus he got divorced) but from his Nike Shoe brand
I could've also used Magic Johnson, same pt. And he has HIV ffs haha

Back