Still a Joanna Fan.

I was referring to an interview translated from the Polish here: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...se-no-longer-with-perfectin-athletes.3673073/.

She said things like: "The people I worked with led me to a very critical state. " You are correct that she did not literally blame everyone, so I concede that point. But you are incorrect if you think she only blamed one person. The key point in my estimation is that she did not take personal responsibility for her failure.

Also, she did undercut Rose's performance as well: " I honestly say that the blows of Rose Namajunas were not strong."

So yeah, that's being a sore loser as well as blaming others. Both are disagreeable attitudes from my perspective.
I actually respect you taking your time to answer this truthfully. It could be she was implying she usually could take that punch but in the depleted state she said she was in, she couldnt. I have heard a lot more excuses from others (hendricks) but the fans around here make it sound like she blamed everyone when that really isnt true.

I’m still a fan. But, I’m no longer a PROUD fan. She’s been too disrespectful. What she did against Rose was NOT selling the fight.

And, considering 217 was the return of the GOAT. And, there were 3 titles on the line. Selling that fight was not really necessary.

I just want her to STFU, and fight. That’s what made me a fan, to begin with.

giphy.gif

I actually respect you taking your time to answer this truthfully. It could be she was implying she usually could take that punch but in the depleted state she said she was in, she couldnt. I have heard a lot more excuses from others (hendricks) but the fans around here make it sound like she blamed everyone when that really isnt true.

Yes, I believe I may have said she blamed everyone, and you are right to point out that she didn't. My real point, which I should not have exaggerated to make, was that Joanna has not accepted responsibility for her own performance. She has not owned the loss. And to me, that is hard to defend as a fan, because she did in fact lose. It also seems to bode poorly for her attitude going forward.

Also, I'm a Joanna fan. She's easily my favorite female fighter.

Yes, I believe I may have said she blamed everyone, and you are right to point out that she didn't. My real point, which I should not have exaggerated to make, was that Joanna has not accepted responsibility for her own performance. She has not owned the loss. And to me, that is hard to defend as a fan, because she did in fact lose. It also seems to bode poorly for her attitude going forward.

Also, I'm a Joanna fan. She's easily my favorite female fighter.
I have a feeling its a mental thing for most of these fighters. Shes not the first to ignore a loss and probably wont be the last. She reminds me of a diaz brother, thats why I always liked her. maybe thats why i dont care if she makes excuses, im used to it as a fan.

I was referring to an interview translated from the Polish here: http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/j...se-no-longer-with-perfectin-athletes.3673073/.

She said things like: "The people I worked with led me to a very critical state. " You are correct that she did not literally blame everyone, so I concede that point. But you are incorrect if you think she only blamed one person. The key point in my estimation is that she did not take personal responsibility for her failure.

Also, she did undercut Rose's performance as well: " I honestly say that the blows of Rose Namajunas were not strong."

So yeah, that's being a sore loser as well as blaming others. Both are disagreeable attitudes from my perspective.

"The people I worked with" meaning Perfecting Athletes, her dietician and doctor, actually one person Michelle and Michelle's partner Paulina. No criticism of her coaches at all, not a word. infact she has been totally supportive of her team at ATT, as have they of her.

I can't stand her. Reminds me of a British chav too much.

Classic Sherdog. Everyone's a fan of a great fighter until they lose. Then they are cans, bums, disrespectful etc. Happened to Conor. Happened to Ronda. Happened now to joanna. Im still a openly huge fan of Joanna. I believe she's the baddest women on the planet and always looked forward to her bloody fights. I believe the rose loss was a fluke that will be redeemed in April. She got cought with a big shot and couldn't recover. Happened to GSP against Serra.

I see it a similar situation with Conor losing to Nate, getting the rematch, and winning the rematch and correcting the situation. Wich will make sherbros hate Joanna even more from salt.

joanna lost alot of fans in the build up to fighting rose.. and lost more when she lost.

Classic Sherdog. Everyone's a fan of a great fighter until they lose. Then they are cans, bums, disrespectful etc. Happened to Conor. Happened to Ronda. Happened now to joanna. Im still a openly huge fan of Joanna. I believe she's the baddest women on the planet and always looked forward to her bloody fights. I believe the rose loss was a fluke that will be redeemed in April. She got cought with a big shot and couldn't recover. Happened to GSP against Serra.

I see it a similar situation with Conor losing to Nate, getting the rematch, and winning the rematch and correcting the situation. Wich will make sherbros hate Joanna even more from salt.
I thought Conor Diaz 2 was a draw

Joanna will get her belt back and go back to being a dominant champion. She's way too skilled not to

I am still a fan. Joanna put to much effort into getting into Rose's head which backfired but she will be back. There is a reason why she is Joanna Champion for most.

Yep still a fan although I also like Rose, but idk why JJ personality is more appealing to me or maybe more entertaining.

1.JJ
2. Rose

"The people I worked with" meaning Perfecting Athletes, her dietician and doctor, actually one person Michelle and Michelle's partner Paulina. No criticism of her coaches at all, not a word. infact she has been totally supportive of her team at ATT, as have they of her.

I think the substance of your comment is correct. She was referring to the people in charge of her weight cut. However, she clearly is not referring to one person here when she says "The people I worked with".

I think the substance of your comment is correct. She was referring to the people in charge of her weight cut. However, she clearly is not referring to one person here when she says "The people I worked with".

Yes because Perfecting Athletes is two people

i was saying for 2 years she was overrated and would get exposed once you get some more talent down in that division. that and the fact that she makes up excuses for why she lost just makes her unlikeable to me.

Was a fan until she acted like an asshole. Had nothing to do with her losing. Don't speak on my behalf.

You still like her? Good for you. Not sure why you have to tell me, defend it and also try to scold people who don't.

She's unlikeable for good reason. Not to mention blaming the doctor for HER weight cut, denying a CLEAR fucking tap to strikes and boogie woman shit.
Boogie Woman can come for me anytime.

Back