Stigma against men in convertibles

Im Australian an gays buy anything thats well gay and the latest gay thing is convertibles.

I got my dad's car (2005 mustang convertible) when he died. I love it especially driving up and down the coast

i had one of these for a couple of years
fiat-punto-cabriolet-06.jpg

got mistaken for a woman on more than one occasion,didnt help i had really long hair at the time. loved the car though,it was great fun to drive.

quit finding any excuse to play victim.

how about just man the fuck up and enjoy whatever you enjoy

The guy who clued me into the fact that convertibles are for hairdressers and guys "light in the sneakers" was a boomer with a hate on for Miatas and MGs.

He went on to purchase a drop-top Mustang and later a c5 targa-top Corvette.

Yeah this is a newsflash to me as well. Now the thing about Corvettes being mild life crisis or retirement presents I get. Seems like I've just now started seeing younger people driving them in the last few years.

Corvettes are for the young or old as they aren't practical for married people. I owned mine when I was 20. The insurance is very high for a young driver which is why most get them when their children are out of their homes.

I had a Audi, I liked driving it, stuck to the road nicely, F the haters

plymouth_barracuda_71_nash_bridges.jpg

Whenever I hear people talk about men owning convertibles, this show comes to mind immediately.

You guys are dumb, what if you flip it and your grape pops all over some innocent bystander?

And for what? Because you are having a mid life crisis!?

Eh, modern convertibles are way safer than they used to be. They have collision-detected pop-up roll bars. My biggest gripe with old convertibles isn't even really safety. They just sacrifice rigidity, which ruins handling capabilities. That's not an issue with modern cars and adaptive suspensions.

That said, I see plenty of guys driving convertibles.

Growing up convertibles were universally acknowledged as being cool as shit. I never got the memo that they turned gay at any point.
61aogbbOF1L._SL1005_.jpg

cuz Barbie drove them. Masculinity is so fragile it could not recover from this.

I've never heard of that stereotype before.

And any man over the age of 18 who still cares about what other people think about him has failed.

Any of you guys have a convertible? Ever encounter people that act like its weird for a man to own one? They claim its gay somehow.

I have a hardtop convertible for my backup car and I absolutely love it. I rarely ever see men driving convertible cars for some reason other than old men in corvettes.

Why is this? They are so liberating especially in a fast car.

lol... Considering the Miata is usually the annual top voted car for gay men....

You might be...

JK - I have a Jeep.

And the top is off from April to October. It's the best.

they are too dangerous for me to own. I aint going out like this.

jfk2.gif

images

I have had a pickup truck F 150 for the past few years, but my wife had one of these a Saab 93 Turbo. Gotta say, I'd catch the attention of a lot of ladies in that car. Once I was driving and the wife was laying back in the seat and another Saab pulled up and the woman honked at me and said "nice car" then winked at me. Wife sat up just in time to catch the wink. After that she never wanted me driving her car without her.

Every Friday night on my way to BJJ I see this old man in a red jaguar convertible heading to a restaurant right by the gym. Best part is that his wife is next to him and they have matching driving gloves and sun hats in this odd turquoise/aqua color. It's hilarious.

I'd love a convertible Porsche but my wife wouldn't stop laughing at me in it, guaranteed.

I like Verts... Here are my last 2 I have owned, 2000 Roush, and a 93 GT. I did a complete restoration on the 1993 Fox...

Attachments

• 30227-1.jpg
    30227-1.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5
  • roush4 (1).jpg
    roush4 (1).jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 6
I had an MGF and felt like an utter bellend driving it with the roof down without my wife in the passenger seat. But I’m a gentleman, not a vulgar attention seeker, hence my discomfort.

Back