Steve Perceval Sucks As A Ref

Big Al's Texas BBQ

Sorry, no tortilla!
@Black
Reaction score
Seriously, this guy takes the cake:

1.) screws up stoppage in Justin Scoggins' UFC debut fight
2.) takes 2 points from Kyung Ho Kang in a 3-round fight because they were intentional even though the elbows didn't even rock Shimizu
3.) talks to fighters in English who clearly don't understand English
4.) failing to see Soriano tap to Kawajiri's choke

I dread the next time he refs a fight.

Yep, he needs to go. Not seeing that Soriano tap was ridiculous.

5) Breaks up Hunt vs Bigfoot to check a cut when Bigfoot was out on his feet.
6) Missed an illegal knee by Kyung Ho Kang.
7) Accused Kang's opponent of faking a groin kick based on a replay that clearly shows hi was kicked in the groin.
8) Said "Come on guys, fight. Don't leave it to the judges" on the Australian card before last.

Forgot to add; Breaks up Hunt v Bigfoot in the 5th when Bigfoot was in trouble because of a cut that he 'didn't think is that bad'

Horrible, he is a danger to the fighters. Needs to be fired asap

Oh shit...any second...he'll be here... To tell all of Sherdog that two points was the right call.

He is the new "fucking bread...fucking milk", ref...

Now lets get this ball rolling, shall we? :)

uJSGz2C.png

12-6 elbows are essentially impossible to be accidental, they caused a cut (injury) two points was the correct call.

I am not saying you are wrong about any of your other points.

you are so predictable right now

Fixed.

What on earth is there to be mad about? I find the whole thing funny. Plus I had a feeling you'd show up any second and made a joke.

And.

I was right.

That motherfucker was like Professor Snape. Snatching points just to be a dick.

Seriously he's garbage. 2 points for the elbows was retarded, should've been 1. What's scary is Soriano tapped, and the whole crowd by the sound acknowledged the fact that Soriano tapped, but the man closest to the action, didn't see it. Aside from the retarded point deductions, and the unnecessary breaks to check cuts and whatever else, the guy is horrible for fighters safety. You might as well let the fighters be in there by themselves, they'd probably fare better.

Seriously, this guy takes the cake:

1.) screws up stoppage in Justin Scoggins' UFC debut fight
2.) takes 2 points from Kyung Ho Kang in a 3-round fight because they were intentional even though the elbows didn't even rock Shimizu
3.) talks to fighters in English who clearly don't understand English
4.) failing to see Soriano tap to Kawajiri's choke

I dread the next time he refs a fight.

2-4 were things that just happened TONIGHT. Let's not forget breaking the Hunt/Bigfoot fight up in round 5 and countless other shit calls he's made on previous AUS/UK cards. He's the worst ref in the business, bar none. He makes Winslow look competent.

Rules say that you should take away 2 points if you think the foul was intentional.

Herb Dean took 2 points away from Bruce Leroy after he hit Edwin Figueroa in the balls for the second or the third time.

Last edited:
Rules say that you should take away 2 points if you think the foul was intentional.

Herb Dean took 2 points away for Bruce Leroy after he hit Edwin Figueroa in the ball for the second or the third time.

It was the second or third time though, that's the difference.

I never understood the problem withh the whole "don't leave it to the judges" thing.

It was the second or third time though, that's the difference.

Doesn't matter, rules say if the ref thinks it was intentional he should take 2 point away. He was acting within the rules.

Uh. 12-6 actually means from "12" to "6", meaning straight up at a 12 angle, and down at a 6. Those were at an angle, regardless of whether or not he was a dumbass ref. They weren't illegal shots, imo, otherwise they'd have hit the back of the head from where he was. If we're going based on the elbows being "12 to 6" on angle of the fighter in question, then Travis Browne's shots on Barnett were equally illegal, which they weren't.

But, yeah. This guy is a serious danger to fighter's health, and interrupts fights and changes the flow of the fight. He gets too involved and has too much confidence in his shitty decisions.

Back