Media Steve Erceg Is WAY Better Than We Thought - Scorecards Show RD5 Was Decider

He won the fight IMO

I picked him to win and I thought he actually did more. Pantoja’s skull is thicker than most. Most men would have been dropped by some of those hits. In any case, he looked great. He looked like he was in his element in the scrambles, the grappling, and the striking. Should be holding his head up high after that. Extremely impressive.

I had the feeling that he is a dangerous matchup for Pantoja and assumed ATT wanted to take him before he is more experienced. That was the right decision obviously.
I was surprised by Steves good cardio and heart. He has nothing to be ashamed.

He did extremely well. He has nothing to hang his head over. It's not a guarantee he would have won the 5th without the takedown attempts. Lots of things can happen in 2 minutes. Anyway great performance by him and he's clearly elite. At 28 years old the future is very bright.

I had it 4-1 for Pantoja because of the grappling factor, Erceg looked better on the feet but I don't think there was enough to make it the deciding factor for him to win the fight. Pantoja got hit a lot more against guys like Figueiredo.

He was great in all of the grappling exchanges, didn't settle in any bad positions, looked good on the feet.

If he doesn't shoot any takedowns he wins the fight.

Erceg probably has the best standup in the division. If you can't get him to the ground he's going to piece up everyone on the feet. He's a really solid grappler as well. He'd mash Mokaev, Taira, Moreno, and Royval more often than not I think

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back