Steve Collins and Nigel Benn to come out of retirement for third fight

ICHEERTHEBULL

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Not sure this deserves its own thread but

Nigel Benn [42(35)-5(4)-1] has revealed that he is set to fight Steve Collins [36(21)-3(0)], almost 21 years on from their last fight.

53 and 52 years old respectively, Benn claims he contacted Dubliner Collins and agreed a fight as he seeks to gain “closure.”

A fight between ‘The Dark Destroyer’ and Chris Eubank Sr had long been discussed but, following negotiating difficulties with the Brighton boxer, Benn has turned to ‘The Celtic Warrior’ and has found a willing dance partner.

Speaking on IFL TV, Benn claimed that Collins has agreed to the fight, and the pair will meet for a third time in September or October.

http://www.irish-boxing.com/steve-collins-and-nigel-benn-to-come-out-of-retirement-for-third-fight/

Total madness! Won't pay for it but I will watch, who knows maybe we will finally get Colllins/RJJ.

Benns my favourite fighter but I won't even watch this! 50+ year old men that have been retired for 2 decades have no place back in the ring

Still love the Kropotkin av.

Waste of our time in terms of the fight, though, unless it's for charity.

The fight we all wanted to see, said no one ever

Trying to get some of that Mayweather McGregor circus sideshow money.

In his interview he claims it's for closure over and over

He slips up a few times though and says stuff like eubank was wasting my time so I decided to fight Steve it will still pay good. Then he immediately follows that with but yano it's not even about money it's for closure

It's obviously for money lol

landscape_movies-grudge-match-robert-de-niro-sylvester-stallone.jpg

I want to see Hearns - Leonard III.

Benn was done when they fought about 20 years ago

I think his son has also come out recently and asked him not to fight again

I guess being a crap DJ and a pastoral minister doesnt fund his lifestyle as much as he hoped

I'm 31 and you've got zero chance of me fighting.

I'm 31 and you've got zero chance of me fighting.
one of my trainers tried to convince me that 35 was the prime age for a fighter. Beautiful man and he had lots of interesting ideas along with wierd ones like that.

Back