Steroids don't give you a good chin... or do they?

777R

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I just saw someone (Nato Horo) in another thread say "So steroids give you a good chin now", and my head started spinning.

After I gathered my senses, it made me wonder, do steroids play any role at all in any way, shape or form with the durability of the users chin?

I have zero idea, my guess is no but, what is the possibility of the chin's durability being affected by the use of roids?

Muscles and vessels in the neck resisting whiplash better?

Greater fluid retention somewhere in the brain that allows a greater fluid cushion that lessens the impact of the brain bouncing around after impact?

Anybody know anything on this subject?

And on a side note, how is it that Jones has still never been rocked in the cage...roids or clean?

Testosterone does give you better reaction time and reflexes in general.

In that way it would help the "chin" certainly.

Aside from mental effects associated with high testosterone - aggressiveness, etc.

I'm pretty sure anything that improves test levels in the body improves your ability to take damage.

It gives you the MMA IQ to land a perfectly placed high kick in the 3rd round and follow up with a devistating barrage of blows to finish the fight.

If your neck is wider than your ears that will without a doubt reduce damage from taking shots to the head.

So yeah.

71827d1155320538-bf%25-estimate-please-traps.jpg

Replacing your neck with roid traps helps when taking a punch.

It gives you the MMA IQ to land a perfectly placed high kick in the 3rd round and follow up with a devistating barrage of blows to finish the fight.
No it doesn't but it allows you to train harder and longer to learn to do those things. Nice try though

Neck muscles.

Confidence.

More training.

Better performance hence less chances of getting that chin tested.

It helps.. Ubereem (last time spotted the Brock fight) gets less losses then normal Reem.

Neck muscles.

Confidence.

More training.

Better performance hence less chances of getting that chin tested.

It helps.. Ubereem (last time spotted the Brock fight) gets less losses then normal Reem.

Yeah, neck muscles... if blood vessels are our hydraulic lines, then a greater diameter vessel should resist snapping forces better I'd think.

Yeah, neck muscles... if blood vessels are our hydraulic lines, then a greater diameter vessel should resist snapping forces better I'd think.

Think about it if I'm a tad faster and a tad more better trained since my recovery was helped and my reflexes are working better I can maybe avoid that hit to the chin all together.

It's not just the exact physical advantages to the chin itself but everything from something simple like confidence, the self belief to pressure the opponent with more aggression then what you will normally do.

And how about HGH when your head starts to grow even bigger.. that chin should receive some reinforcements from that. xD

I know that Bigfoot had a pretty good chin when he was on TRT. But after TRT became illegal his chin suddenly turned into that fake glass they use in movies.

I just saw someone (Nato Horo) in another thread say "So steroids give you a good chin now", and my head started spinning.

After I gathered my senses, it made me wonder, do steroids play any role at all in any way, shape or form with the durability of the users chin?

I have zero idea, my guess is no but, what is the possibility of the chin's durability being affected by the use of roids?

Muscles and vessels in the neck resisting whiplash better?

Greater fluid retention somewhere in the brain that allows a greater fluid cushion that lessens the impact of the brain bouncing around after impact?

Anybody know anything on this subject?

And on a side note, how is it that Jones has still never been rocked in the cage...roids or clean?

Steroids gives you good chin and recovery from being hurt, no doubt. The nervous system fires stronger and oxygen gets in the blood at a higher rate. Looking at Klitchko Vs Joshua and the way they recovered gives you a good indicator of how steroids makes youre chin better imo. Its ok to have big mucles and all, but to fight 10 rds at heavyweight recovering at that rate after both punching youre self out and getting knocked down, no friggin way!

One of the factors that goes into "chin" is musculature of the back and neck and jaw... so yeah.

Absolutely. They add more fat and muscle to your face which help to take a punch plus they put you in insane athletic condition so that you can take punishment better and recover faster.

Its more about how it affects the nervous system rather than having water retention in the face. A ko is essentially turning of the electrical signal to the brain. Steroids makes that signal much stronger and therfor its harder to turn off.

Judging by the way Lesnar takes a punch I'd say that was an unremitting no they don't.

One of the factors that goes into "chin" is musculature of the back and neck and jaw... so yeah.
Sometimes mucles can fuck up youre chin if their stiff. The impact wont travel through the whole body if you have a stiff jacked neck and upper back.

Bigfoot Silva is a good example. He could take a lot of punishment when he was juicing, the first Hunt fight for example. Then, when he had to give it up, he was being finished easily and his career was over.

If you can't think why steroids might increase your ability to take damage then your probably not thinking hard enough.

Sometimes mucles can fuck up youre chin if their stiff. The impact wont travel through the whole body if you have a stiff jacked neck and upper back.

That's true, things like posture and stance are also components of having a "good chin". But for most experienced pro fighters with good technique, having larger musculature is only going to help absorb the impact of strikes.

Back