Stereotypes about your race that are totally untrue

HOV

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I just wanted to clear the air about the stereotype that has been hovering over the race of my people for as long as I can remember.
Mexicans (or hispanics for those of you who want be all politically correct) are NOT lazy!
I don't know where this shitty reputation is coming from. But if anything I see us as having a reputation of us being one of the hardest working people ever. There are not too many people that are more hard working then us IMO....
So what lingering stereotype is lingering over your race that is totally unjustified?
Let your voice be heard!!!!

great, a social justice thread, this is gonna be a cheerful little adventure

Ive never heard that b4 man, if anything Mexicans are stereotyped as hard workers.

Hmm, stereotypes about my people (West Indian): Alcoholics, woman beaters, homophobic ...... I wish I could say that they were untrue, and there are certainly a large percentage of people that don't fit those stereotypes, but they are rooted in some truth.

A positive stereotype is respect for elders - At 33 years old, I still run the risk of getting slapped across the face by an older aunty (regardless of whether they are related to me) if I fall out of line.

Hmm, stereotypes about my people (West Indian): Alcoholics, woman beaters, homophobic ...... I wish I could say that they were untrue, and there are certainly a large percentage of people that don't fit those stereotypes, but they are rooted in some truth.

A positive stereotype is respect for elders - At 33 years old, I still run the risk of getting slapped across the face by an older aunty (regardless of whether they are related to me) if I fall out of line.

Personally never heard all that bad stuff about Indians but the last thing you put about the Elders keeping everyone in check seems pretty good.

We all have money/educated(Jew), and we are all alcoholics(Ruskie). Two of the best for both parts of my race/ethnicity.

Last edited:
So, I'm white. But some of that whiteness is Italian and Sicilian. I love to smoke while taking a shit (vaping these days). I didn't know that was a stereotypical Italian thing until I saw Family Guy do a bit on it.

White people are racist and always out to getcha, have no culture, are boring and don't know how to have fun and most of all privileged!

The stereotype is blacks are lazy not Mexicans ! Lol

So I just wanted to clear the air about the stereotype that has been hovering over the race of my people for as long as I can remember.
Mexicans (or hispanics for those of you who want be all politically correct) are NOT lazy!
I don't know where this shitty reputation is coming from. But if anything I see us as having a reputation of us being one of the hardest working people ever. There are not too many people that are more hard working then us IMO....
So what lingering stereotype is lingering over your race that is totally unjustified?
Let your voice be heard!!!!

I've never heard anyone say Mexicans are lazy..

White people are racist and always out to getcha, have no culture, are boring and don't know how to have fun and most of all privileged!

The culture is kind of dull compared to others. There food is horrible compared to other ethic groups.

Back