Stephen Thompson v Darren Till: BBC to broadcast UFC fight live for first time

Why are people bashing it being on the radio?

People listen to all sorts of sports and sporting contests on the radio, why not MMA fights? If you can’t watch it, listening live might be a better option than reading the shitty pbp offered by the MMA media.

Twice?
Fucking twice?

It's like watching a movie, let's say Deadpool 2 , The Piano, or The Birds (by Hitchcock), but instead of watching moving pictures, it's commentated live to you by Tito Ortiz, Nate and Nick Diaz and Shogun on their experience while they're watching it.

Not quite the same experience.

Nate Diaz "Some birds n shit flying around... I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"

Nick Diaz " Wolftickets! Need more birds... "

Shogun "They very Movy! Vroom Vroom!"

Tito Ortiz " Birds all over the place, be happy i'm doing this commentary for you even though i have a cracked skull.... "

It's like watching a movie, let's say Deadpool 2 , The Piano, or The Birds (by Hitchcock), but instead of watching moving pictures, it's commentated live to you by Tito Ortiz, Nate and Nick Diaz and Shogun on their experience while they're watching it.

Not quite the same experience.

Nate Diaz "Some birds n shit flying around... I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"

Nick Diaz " Wolftickets! Need more birds... "

Shogun "They very Movy! Vroom Vroom!"

Tito Ortiz " Birds all over the place, be happy i'm doing this commentary for you even though i have a cracked skull.... "
You try too hard.

That's fucking cool, I've wished quite a few times that I could listen to a UFC fight on the radio when I've had to be driving somewhere during one.

And I can remember my dad (who was born in '51) talk about listening to Ingemar Johansson (or something like that) against Floyd Patterson on the radio. Would have been a big deal cus his grandpa was from Sweden. I dunno, it'd just seem old school and be a whole other way to experience it. I listen to hockey games on the radio all the time.

Once again a lot of posters slagging off something they have absolutely no experience with. Boxing is one of the best sports to listen to on the Radio. It's good if you can't make the fight you are working, driving etc The commentators are brilliant, they set the mood and the atmosphere for how the fight is being carried out and it's brilliant substition for missing the fight.

I'm not sure how MMA would translate over to radio but if they make it half as exciting as the make boxing sound itll be worth listening to it you can't watch the fight.

The fookin diddlers and fiddlers over at the BBC can't even show it on BBC 2 or the iplayer. <{hughesimpress}>

I hope Robbie Savage is going to cover it.

Information?

It is literally a propaganda machine for the Conservative party. They had Corbyn photoshopped over a Kremlin skyline wearing a soviet hat the other week.

Really ? I wasn’t aware of that, it’s been a few years since I watched BBC news(watched most of their documentaries though)
Do you think it is because the tories are currently in government, or is it a historical positionning, part of the channels identity?

Back