Stephen Thompson full post weigh-in interview, Claims Till weighed in heavier after 1 hour

This was a savvy move by WB's camp.

Has this kind of stipulation been put in contracts before? First I'm hearing of it.

It makes sense for a fighter preparing to fight someone who is big for the weight class. Otherwise you may have that big fighter sandbagging the weight cut.

Very disappointed in Till. He's fighting at home, weight cut should have been easy with no travel.
Rumble missed weight badly vs vitor and got the same treatment. If im right, he had to weigh no more than 206 on fight day.

Thompson is angry. This is not a man you want fighting agressively.

Class all the way , going be pulling hard for Steven tonight..Tilldick train will be derailed..

why don't they do a quick weigh in right before a fighter enters to octagon? i would love to see that.

I think fighters like Dern, Lee and Till are trying to pull the McGregor route, and win one title against much smaller people and then move up immediately. The problem is, they are cutting so low that they run the risk of missing weight, ruining event or ending up badly hurt

Till is simply too big for the WW class. Dern came into that last fight sloppy fat. Not familiar enough with her today whether she's too big for the weight class or not.

Well I like Thompson, and I'll still support Till, cause I'd like to see him do well. But he really messed up, IF he beats Thompson, I don't think he can sit around for a title shot. Redeem himself against Usman perhaps.

Only other time I've heard of it is when Rumble missed the middleweight limit against Vitor and could weigh no more than 205 pounds come fight time.

We saw how that went too... dude barely had the gas tank for one round and started cramping up and got finished. Expect more of the same tomorrow!

Still think Till is gonna get the ko but hats off to Wonderboy for still taking it. He's a good guy, I just think Till is gonna be a little too big and hit a little too hard and end up getting the W especially now with the weight advantage.

Epitome of a MMA fighter, hard to not appreciate him.
Can't get behind a fighter that brags about being in the wrong weight class, wrong with regard to the spirit of the rules, and then misses wt by 4.5 lbs.

Hope WB starches him

Thompson is a class act. Very happy that his team put in that 188 stipulation in the contract. Insane weight cuts in order to fight smaller opponents is against the spirit of martial arts.

What is the 188 stipulation in their contract?

I'm hoping he makes Till look silly.

Why do people keep saying Till is a light heavyweight, just because the guy blurted this out once doesn't mean its true, he may walk around between 200-205 but guys who actually fight LHW cut to make that weight class, he's a middleweight at biggest.

If Till weighs more than 188 pounds at 13:00 on fight day, the fight is off.

Dana quote: “You shouldn’t be missing weight in your hometown. Now we’ve got to sweat this thing all night, because he’s got to weigh 188 pounds tomorrow at 1 o’clock when he gets on the bus. So, not a good position to be in.”

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/dan...for-darren-till-following-botched-weight-cut/

If somehow Till fucks this up he's really going to be on the UFC's shit list.

Till should fight in MW , maybe even LHW.

This sport is a joke. These guys can’t even make weight anymore. Why anyone would pay to go to an event in person is beyond me.

Back