Stephen Thompson full post weigh-in interview, Claims Till weighed in heavier after 1 hour

Darrel Hendricks was just terrified of losing in front of his home town. He figured he would at least come in with a weight advantage, or (even better) the fight would get called off.

its nice seeing the wonderboy love on s'dog. even some brit fans. well done lads

Thompson is a class act. Very happy that his team put in that 188 stipulation in the contract. Insane weight cuts in order to fight smaller opponents is against the spirit of martial arts.

So he has to weigh 188 at 1pm?? I'm assuming that's UK time so he'll still have several hours to rehydrate even more.

So he has to weigh 188 at 1pm?? I'm assuming that's UK time so he'll still have several hours to rehydrate even more.

Yeah fight time for the main even will be around 10-11pm uk time

Till is a scam, he always said he was the heavier guy cutting enormous weight and profiting of the system. No doubt he's skilled, but the mask fell this morning, exposed.

For anyone who doesn't know Stephen, he's just as humble off camera as you see in his interviews. He's a damned good dude.

if till can't be bothered to make the effort to be on weight against one of the classiest guys in the sport, then
th

Thompson is a class act. Very happy that his team put in that 188 stipulation in the contract. Insane weight cuts in order to fight smaller opponents is against the spirit of martial arts.

This was a savvy move by WB's camp.

Has this kind of stipulation been put in contracts before? First I'm hearing of it.

It makes sense for a fighter preparing to fight someone who is big for the weight class. Otherwise you may have that big fighter sandbagging the weight cut.

Very disappointed in Till. He's fighting at home, weight cut should have been easy with no travel.

it was a clear attempt to gain the advantage.. I just bet he didn't expect the other camp to put 188 limit on it .. Smart move IMO

Too funny that Dern and Till both f'd up the 're-engineer Rousey and McG sweepstakes!'. Put your muscle behind the people that can fight and prove themselves, not these jabronis simply because they are from a certain place, have a certain hair cut, etc. GSP and Andy prove that if you muscle up a proved dominant fighter, it will pay off.

Has this kind of stipulation been put in contracts before? First I'm hearing of it.

It makes sense for a fighter preparing to fight someone who is big for the weight class. Otherwise you may have that big fighter sandbagging the weight cut.

Very disappointed in Till. He's fighting at home, weight cut should have been easy with no travel.
I think fighters like Dern, Lee and Till are trying to pull the McGregor route, and win one title against much smaller people and then move up immediately. The problem is, they are cutting so low that they run the risk of missing weight, ruining event or ending up badly hurt

Only other time I've heard of it is when Rumble missed the middleweight limit against Vitor and could weigh no more than 205 pounds come fight time.

it was a clear attempt to gain the advantage.. I just bet he didn't expect the other camp to put 188 limit on it .. Smart move IMO
Indeed, he said "I offered all my purse", however, his purse is only a measley 16K and a loss to Darren would be worth 100's of thousands to Wonderboy, who arguably could be the champ now and is the clear humber one contender.

I hope setting a reweigh cap in these situations becomes the standard...it's at least a step in the right direction
Well done by Wonderboy's camp

Only other time I've heard of it is when Rumble missed the middleweight limit against Vitor and could weigh no more than 205 pounds come fight time.
Haha, I never thought of it before but Till is like the Scouser Rumble: fighting at 170 when he has no business being there and should be at light heavyweight.

just STOP SAYING...."it is what it is"....just end the damn sentence by stop talking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back