Stephen Thompson expects Tyron Woodley trilogy: ‘The fans know I can beat him’

I hope they make Wonderboy go through the gauntlet before this happens again. 2nd fight was much worse than the first and the 3rd will probably be worse still.

A fight between these two can't happen much different because if Thompson rushes, he'll get cracked hard like the last two fights. And Woodley knows all he has to do is be patient. Just a stylistically "boring" fight no matter how many times they fight.

oh, joy. another fight where both guys fight not to lose.

wow this guy is annoying, had his chance 2 times and blew it... nobody wants to see them fight again

GTFO with this. I don't care anymore whether he can beat Woodley or not. He had two tries, couldn't do it.

I'd rather watch paint dry than watch that fight again.

In about 45 minutes of standup fighting, Thompson got knocked down about 7 times and didn't ever really hurt Tyron once. Sure, Thompson could beat Tyron, but he had his chance - 10 rounds worth, and he didn't hurt Tyron. If he didn't do any damage after 10 rounds, well, I don't think anyone wants to see THompson fight Woodley again. It's not like Hendo-Shogun, where they both had each other nearly finished multiple times.

Their two first fights were basically draws. Either one can win.

wonderbread had two chances to win, and he was unsuccessful in both attempts.

clearly he cannot win, and should not be given yet another opportunity to do so.

Clearly Wonderboy can win (I think you stupid fucks are buying into some serious revisionist history if you think Woodley convincingly won either fight), but the real question is who would actually pay to watch that steaming pile of shit again?

Maybe if the second fight didn't suck so bad he would have a chance. I think I would rather watch women's basketball than those two again.

Its possible; the first fight was a draw, and arguably if you go by points the second fight should have been two.

However, I can't imagine the circumstances which would make me want to pay to see this fight. In fact, I can't imagine watching it even if it were free, given how inactive both he and Woodley were the last fight.

In fact, I can't imagine wanting to watch either of them again against anyone - there's simply no excuse for what they did.

In 10 rounds, 50 minutes of fighting, does he have any highlights from that? Any moments where we could point to and say "damn, he had Tyron in trouble there"? He needs to work his way back up the ladder. Nobody wants to see him fight Woodley again.

I didnt want to see this fight the 1st time.
I was told Wonderboy deserved it.
I didnt want to see this fight the 2nd time.
I was told Wonderboy deserved it.

Do you hear me now, slow pokes?

Well, Stephen. Doing something, ANYTHING at all is a step in the right direction. The no arms/no legs technique hasn't really paid off.

I felt he won the last fight....but didnt deserve it due to his lack of aggression and activity...if he did get dropped late he probably would have....but there is no way UFC will make a trilogy fight anytime soon...that would at the least be another year or two away...

Nope.

You FAILED twice to so much as seriously hurt Woodley on the feet.

And Woodley hurt you BAD more than twice
Soz

Back