Stephen King's CASTLE ROCK Anthology Series (Premieres July 25, 2018)

Anyone watching this?

Really enjoying it so far. No clue what the fuck is going on lol but it's got a creepy vibe, good production, good acting, etc. Good stuff.

I love it so far. Big fan of the books and fun to see the little easter eggs and references.

It has started off really slow, but it has a great cast. I have always liked Stephen King's stuff, so I will continue to watch this series all the way through.

Last edited:
Anyone watching this?

Really enjoying it so far. No clue what the fuck is going on lol but it's got a creepy vibe, good production, good acting, etc. Good stuff.
I'm watching it and I think its great.

I think having at least some understanding of the Bible helps to follow what is happening in the show so many will miss important things and think that the show is boring or going nowhere.

Its a double edged sword though because if you have some Biblical knowledge then some of the show's mystery is lost.

Last edited:
This episode sold me over completely. Best one yet.

What an ending to it.

It reminds me of Noah Hawley's writing. It has shades of Fargo and Legion.

I never read the book. Each episode leaves you with more questions than answers.

Great episode again.

This fuh-king show!
giphy.gif

I hope this isn’t gonna be like Lost with all the weird shit going on for the sake of being weird with no intention of answering anything. It’s starting to seem like it might be headed in that direction.

I hope this isn’t gonna be like Lost with all the weird shit going on for the sake of being weird with no intention of answering anything. It’s starting to seem like it might be headed in that direction.
It's been giving solid answers ever since its fallen into the season's third act. Like a thriller mystery should.

I think the gist of Lost was...

...they were all dead and living in some kind of purgatory and moved on at the end.

You're right though. It was never really confirmed.

So this is going to be an American Horror Story type deal but with Stephen King style horror?

Jesus Christ, has anyone seen or read a horror story before? They would suck if you knew what was happening. That's why sequels rarely work out in this genre. It's because it's a mystery.

What next, getting mad at a law and order episode because you don't find out who done it in the first minute?

Answers are coming, more and more each episode. It's supposed to not tell you everything, and these last 3 episodes have been giving us all the answers accept a few. Enjoy the story.

The last episode was definitely the most revealing, but still tons of questions. Hopefully they all get answered.

Wicked ending.

Next season is rumored to take place in the Overlook Hotel. Are we going to see it in current day? Or an alternate Shinning?
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/castle-rock-finale-post-credits-scene-explained-1142349
A little info on the post credits scene of the finale. It confused me so I looked it up. Its not confirmed, but gets me excited.

"Jackie, an aspiring writer, reads an excerpt from her new horror novel, before stating that she's headed out west for further inspiration, digging deeper into her own family history. Earlier in the season, Jackie revealed that her uncle is none other than Jack Torrance, the central figure from Stephen King's The Shining, played by Jack Nicholson in the Stanley Kubrick adaptation.

Does Jackie's season-ending statement mean what it seemingly means, then? Is she heading to the haunted Overlook Hotel, and is Castle Rock taking on The Shining in its upcoming second season? Don't expect a concrete answer from series creators Sam Shaw and Dustin Thomason."

I did not like that story. I felt like there were many unanswered questions.

I forgot this was a thing. Turning it on now.

Fantastic. Wish I had paced myself. Can't wait for Season 2.

tumblr_pelqz0h9PM1rpe0nao3_540.gif

tumblr_pd4yz0BL4U1rsb51ro3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_pelva6Rgul1xbx70lo2_r1_500.gif

Just got the first season can’t wait to dive in. Has anybody here seen the James Franco series that king did?

Back