Stay athletic..opinions on diet?

Bishop1701

White Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've been eating the same diet for the past two months, dropped quite some weight (about 3-4kg) and overall started training a long side that.
Definetly feel the improvement, in terms of feeling lighter on my feet when I spar or when I run.
I'm 1'83meters and 73kg, I'm aiming basically towards a balanced diet that will give me that extra edge in training (I've been feeling exhausted lately), so here it is:

Food(Daily):
Morning:
Quacker oats - 100 gr
Chocolate milk - 300gr

10 o'clock meal:
3 full grain bread with 17% yellow cheese
Lunch:
Chicken breast 200gr
cooked potatoes 100gr
green salad on the side

Before training(one hour before):
Banana + Coffee
After Training
Banana
Dinner:
Sweet potatoes 200gr
Hamburger 250gr

Night:
Resins 50gr
Pasta - 200gr

All sums up to:
Calories - 2878
Protein - 157.4gr
Fat - 87.2gr
Carbs - 362.2gr
Cholestrol - 380.4
Fiber - 16.7gr

Honestly, you need to rest to get stronger...

I read a Rosie Sexton article and she put it this way: giving your body rest helps you become a stronger, fitter athlete. Training every day or close to it will inevitably run you down and you'll begin to feel worse.

For eg: if you do a monstrous training session, with more cardio work, more rounds of sparring and more S&C than you have ever done before...and you're sitting there absolutely exhausted, are you stronger and fitter then??? NO!

Its the rest you give your body that allows you to recover and expand your limits and become a fitter stronger athlete...sometimes its as simple as that

Honestly, you need to rest to get stronger...

I read a Rosie Sexton article and she put it this way: giving your body rest helps you become a stronger, fitter athlete. Training every day or close to it will inevitably run you down and you'll begin to feel worse.

For eg: if you do a monstrous training session, with more cardio work, more rounds of sparring and more S&C than you have ever done before...and you're sitting there absolutely exhausted, are you stronger and fitter then??? NO!

Its the rest you give your body that allows you to recover and expand your limits and become a fitter stronger athlete...sometimes its as simple as that

I just want to add in, that if you want to increase workloads. Do it gradually, your body is capable of a lot more than you'd think. I"m currently training at least 6, and up to 9 sessions a week. And i'm doing it on a calorie deficit and have been for the last month or so. Just listen to your body, get enough sleep, eat right. And you'll be fine. I can't comment on the diet itself unfortunatly, as I have almost no knowledge in that department heh. Just wanted to respond to what this guy said. :)

As far as rest days is it better to break them up throughout the week or do two in a row? I've been training everyday and I'm starting to feel worn down but unfortunately I stress out about diet on non-training days. Suggestions? Also I dig your diet has bananas, I dig a pre workout banana and some almond butter :)

YMMV, but to my eyes you're eating too many carbs ( fast acting in particular), and too little vegs and fat.

Back