Staunch liberal celebrity Seth McFarlane on the right side of history

The most harrowing thing I've learnt of him is that he dated Emilia Clarke (Daenerys from GOT). Shit had me scratching my head.

32DF1D6400000578-0-image-a-84_1459877370440.jpg

article-2296056-18CA8458000005DC-608_634x904.jpg
Why would that have you scratching your head? The dude is fairly good looking and extremely charismatic and funny. He could woo most women on the planet I'd wager.

Or maybe just men in positions of power have historically felt entitled to sexually harass women until very recently, and men like Bill Clinton and Donald Trump and Harvey Weinstein are from the era in which this sort of behavior was not only expected, but one of the benefits of being in their positions.

Hillary is just unfortunate to be a woman attempting to break into that world of power brokers.

This post another example of the liberal bullshit doublestandards I am constantly pointing out. When someone on the Right does something disgusting they are attacked viciously and the entire Right is blamed for being pathological and evil. The same thing with the Catholic Church. A priest abuses someone and both the priest and the church are viciously mocked and attacked.

A democrat supporting Hollywood scumbag gets outed as a sexual superpredator and now we get to hear about how it is all men in positions of power and how a liberal comedian is so brave for making a small joke about him four years ago (so brave). What we do NOT see from the left is a sustained and focused attack on Weinstein (where is SNL and all of the late show pundits?). We do NOT hear the left condemning Hollywood as having a problem. Instead, we hear how it is just an individual in power who could be anybody.

The same thing happened with Lena Dunham. Once it was let out that she sexually abused her sister the media went into full defense mode explaining how all children sexually abuse their siblings.

#Not all Hollywood Democrats. :rolleyes:

I agree. #NotAllDemocrats. There were good Democrats out there offering free cab rides to the victims. Thoughts and prayers.

There is a big difference between Trump talking like an idiot to another guy and Weinstein's behavior. I find it interesting that the liberal media is focusing more on deflecting this from the left than attacking Weinstein.

Trump's talking was describing actions, which others have confirmed that he's taken.

Further, don't know what you're reading, but the "liberal media" (the actual liberal media) is majorly focused on attacking Weinstein.

Canada's CBC recently published an article on how people from all political stripes can be scumbags instead of focusing on Weinstein and the leftists who protected him (http://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/harvey-weinstein-1.4350206). It is too bad liberals cannot attack a sexual predator with the same enthusiasm that they have been attacking Trump since he started running for president.

??? I would certainly hope that people would make a bigger deal of a president being a scumbag than a movie producer. You don't agree?

Also note that the left is big-time slamming Weinstein, while right-wingers rallied around Trump and then voted for him for president.

Tell me this guy hasn't groped a few people...

Seth Macfarlane's shows have disgusting dialogues about women. In his cartoon Peter constantly degrades his wife. He even punches her in one episode. Macfarlane is just as bad as Weinstein. Why are the left only focused on Trump's recorded dirty talk in a van?

??? I would certainly hope that people would make a bigger deal of a president being a scumbag than a movie producer. You don't agree?

Weinstein had far more influence than Trump will ever have. Weinstein was a major player in Hollywood for years. Hollywood is far more influential than the government.

The fact that people voted in Trump shows you just how much of a disgusting scumbag Hillary Clinton is.

So while the Trumpets cast this as a purely partisan smear, which is fair game, really, and not at all misleading as a generality, it shouldn't be forgotten that it wasn't some ballsy conservative who took on the king when he still had his scepter.
Seth MacFarlane Opens Up About His 2013 Harvey Weinstein Oscars Joke, Condemns “Abhorrent” Abuse Of Power

Yes, sometimes Democrats have integrity and balls with regard to their beliefs-- even *gasp* actors!

WTF does this have to do with Trump?

Also note that the left is big-time slamming Weinstein, while right-wingers rallied around Trump and then voted for him for president.

You're time jumping in trying to make a point. These two things didn't happen at the same time. Both sides are slamming Weinstein right now.

Wait. He's a hero because of a joke?

He told a joke? Lolfl!

He knew the guy was a predator and he told a joke. Shit man, doesn't take much to be a hero

No kidding. His friend told him about her encounter with Weinstein in 2011 and he waited until 2013 to tell a joke...what a hero.

NO ONE in Hollywood is a hero or brave as they let this shit happen for years.

Seth Macfarlane's shows have disgusting dialogues about women. In his cartoon Peter constantly degrades his wife. He even punches her in one episode. Macfarlane is just as bad as Weinstein. Why are the left only focused on Trump's recorded dirty talk in a van?

It is true that in most of MacFarlane's shows, the women are the running joke. In Family Guy, Lois takes Peter's abuse with a smile, and Meg is the goto scapegoat anytime they literally need someone to shit on. In American Dad, Francine is a complete imbecile who has no clue about anything around her. They don't really have any "strong" females, although there is the occasional episode where Meg stands up for herself, and Lois acts like she did in season 1 (a normal down to earth mom, rationalizing her husband's idiocy).

At least shows like Simpsons, South Park, etc. know how to use comedy while also not making every female a total moron. Randy's wife Sharon totally sees how crazy and unpredictable her husband is, and is really only sticking around for the kids. Wendy is arguably the smartest and most self aware character on South Park, she has been since the beginning in the late 90's. Marge and Lisa have half the episodes dedicated to their adventures.

But y'know, it's just bro humor. *shrug*

Wow. I expected better from you, to be honest.

That's ... an interesting take. I'd say that it shows how tribalism rots people's brains.

You think Trump has more influence than Hollywood? Maybe he does, considering all of the Hollywood backing Crooked Hillary had still could not help her win the presidency.

It is true that in most of MacFarlane's shows, the women are the running joke. In Family Guy, Lois takes Peter's abuse with a smile, and Meg is the goto scapegoat anytime they literally need someone to shit on. In American Dad, Francine is a complete imbecile who has no clue about anything around her. They don't really have any "strong" females, although there is the occasional episode where Meg stands up for herself, and Lois acts like she did in season 1 (a normal down to earth mom, rationalizing her husband's idiocy).

At least shows like Simpsons, South Park, etc. know how to use comedy while also not making every female a total moron. Randy's wife Sharon totally sees how crazy and unpredictable her husband is, and is really only sticking around for the kids. Wendy is arguably the smartest and most self aware character on South Park, she has been since the beginning in the late 90's. Marge and Lisa have half the episodes dedicated to their adventures.

But y'know, it's just bro humor. *shrug*

It is interesting how the most vocal and outraged are so selective in who they react to. When it is someone who is not on the Left, then the moral high-ground seekers are outraged faster than Obama and Hillary attacking the NRA after a mass shooting.

laughing-gifs-jonah-jameson.gif

If this was your attempt to be like the SJWs, you nailed it.

Yeah sorry, I can't take your moral high ground on this issue seriously when you voted to put Bill Clinton back in the white house

Here is Alec Baldwin on SNL immediately after Bill O'Reilly was fired. When will he do Weinstein?

Will Colbert wish a farewell to Weinstein?

I wonder if Seth Meyers will have an in-depth look at the Weinstein sexual assault scandal like he did with O'Reilly and Fox?

Back