State of Decay 2

The best thing about this game is that it's literally an extension of the original game. Bugs aside, I like the slow, grindy pace and I'm glad they didn't change much.

As a business application developer, I understand the drive to reinvent the next application. Reusing pattens and assets is always the goal within a single app but when it's done and you are in maintenance mode, it gets depressing.

But as users, many times we just want more of the same, with some minor improvements. I might be in the minority, but I wanted this game to be just the original, except with fewer graphical bugs and general glitches.

Funny enough, I think that the decision to keep more of the same was more of a budget and resource constraint, than anything else.

well I bought the Anti-Material .50 cal rifle and a .50 cal ammo press so this game is now made of paper and plague hearts die in 3 shots and despawn all enemies harmlessly

<2>

everybody should get that gun and idk, retire crying

Really enjoying this game. There's more shit-your-pants moments and desperation than the first. Especially with things like fuel management and having to stop during a job to scrounge around for more fuel. I don't think cars should go through fuel as quickly as they do, though.

Is it the same as the first game where if you set up an outpost in a location that still has a resource cache you get slow but constant supply of that resource?

Can't wait to play this for free with Game Pass
Got Game Pass specifically to play this game.

Going to cancel that shit and pretend it never happened.

Game is hot garbage.

Honestly haven't played it since the first 4 days or so. Kingdom Come, State of Decay, Far Cry they've all just been distractions with Far Cry being the least distracting game that I only played for 30 hours because I got sick of its shit pretty quick.

Found an M-16.

giphy.gif

20gb patch incoming.

<Kpop775>

https://www.stateofdecay.com/2018/06/01/patch-1-2-release/

Patch 1.2 Highlighted Changes
The 1.2 patch features significant improvements related to:
  • Increased stability
  • Improved networking interactions for clients
  • Improved networked vehicle interactions
  • Elimination of Out Of Memory crashes
Patch 1.2 Highlights
Gameplay
  • Grenades no longer get stuck and explode in front of client character’s face or behind their head while throwing
  • Fixed instances of clients dealing damage to their host’s non-active community members with explosives
  • Flashlight beams no longer cast shadows from the player’s character model (which had caused flickering shadows)
  • Characters no longer “self-shadow” when using a flashlight in multiplayer
  • Fixed issue with doors appearing the opposite of the state they are in
  • Resolved situation where, when getting into vehicles, the camera could become detached from the player’s character
  • Fixed issue where, when clients swap weapons while in vehicles, the weapons do not swap upon exit from vehicle
  • Fixed rare bug that could prevent Warlord legacy arc from being completed
  • Fixed rare bug that could block Sheriff legacy arc from starting
  • Fixed issue where player’s loot sometimes becomes invisible until their entire backpack is deposited into a Supply Locker

Networking and Multiplayer
  • Numerous networking bandwidth and CPU improvements
  • Game now exits to main menu faster when a client loses their internet connection, so players will no longer hang after dismissing the pop-up
  • Improved network vehicle interactions in multiplayer games to address weird “rubber-banding” and physics issues (including cars flying into the air).
  • Host facilities no longer appear invisible to clients during multiplayer

Zombie and Character Behavior
  • Zombies no longer become immune to the Assault Kick
  • Reduction of step height to prevent survivors popping up onto props while moving

HUD
  • Fixed issue with player HUD disappearing after NPCs are executed by zombies
  • Community advice list no longer shows up under vignette on the map

Environment and Collision
  • Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players or vehicles were getting stuck
  • Fixed numerous collision spots across all 3 maps where players were getting stuck in an infinite freefall animation loop
  • Elimination of white line that appears when driving at night time
  • Addressed a variety of spots in world where player was not able to climb over props they should’ve been able to
  • Additional polish and reduction of LOD popping
  • Additional lighting tuning passes, reduction in glowing props

Other Fixes
  • Addressed a variety of general crash bugs
  • Updated a number of strings that were previously hardcoded in English
  • Audio mix optimizations

The only annoying bug i've encountered so far is companions disappearing and reappearing randomly. That's not mentioned in the list, though.

20gb patch incoming.

<Kpop775>

The only annoying bug i've encountered so far is companions disappearing and reappearing randomly. That's not mentioned in the list, though.

yep. the new 20 GB update comes with a brand new bonus feature glitching out followers for long stretches and giving you repeat scares that they died somewhere

<YayKpop>

just what I always wanted

the new 20 GB update comes with the additional bonus of glitching out followers for long stretches and giving you repeat scares that they died somewhere

<YayKpop>
It also includes the wonderful DLC "Crash On Startup".

Honestly haven't played it since the first 4 days or so. Kingdom Come, State of Decay, Far Cry they've all just been distractions with Far Cry being the least distracting game that I only played for 30 hours because I got sick of its shit pretty quick.

30 hours is more than I get out of a lot of games.

I find myself killing the other enclaves for no other reason then for shits and giggles

I find myself killing the other enclaves for no other reason then for shits and giggles

That will come back to bite you in the ass, at least if your leader is a warlord. Although it doesn't become that much of a hassle.

I never played the first one but i have a love/hate relationship with the second one.
Ive played through all 4 legacies and am now just building up the best community i can build. Honestly once you get to a certain point it becomes pretty easy. The atmosphere and the real deaths add a ton to this game.
Now let me get to the hate.
1) cars getting stuck on everything. I like my cars. I will walk forever to get a new car. Then i drive it 5 feet and hit a curb or rock and i cant use the car anymore. Soooo annoying.
2)surprise juggernauts. On one hand the juggernaut is the only real threat once you figure out the plague hearts. BUT the random spamming of juggernauts from nowhere at the worst time possible can be incredibly annoying. Ive lost players by juggernauts randomly appearing and than ripping them in half on more than one occasion.

Overall it is an enjoyable game but full of bugs and really comes off as a fun indie game.

I enjoy it even with the bugs. In the process of buying a house so I haven't played much recently. I'm one of those weirdos that's put a good amount of time in, but still can't decide who to choose as a leader.

Back