Starz's BLACK SAILS (Season 4 Discussion)

I agree. Though I enjoy the scheming and planning (especially from John Silver), they need to find some balance and present some action.

I have a short attention span w/ watching shows before I wander off into internet land. This last episode there was a lot of talking about who is going w/ what captain and everyone is after the same treasure. I like the dark pirate that's got all the hookers on his side. The play between the 2 will be fun if we ever get there. However, I'm convinced I missed a lot of content in the last episode trying to figure out what everyone was talking about. There's a lot of characters to keep straight given how few episodes in we are.

You know a show sucks when 3 episodes into it, people are still trying to figure out if they even like it

I'll keep watching cuz pirates but the writing sucks. What kind of pirate lets that fuckin Silver guy live.

First episode was not bad. Had two chicks hooking up, which is always good. Got a decent feel for the characters, plus I am a history buff. The action was good.
Will watch episode 2.

Same here. Watched episode one earlier today before work. About to watch the next two episodes now.

So has anyone started a hottest bitch rating system yet? I vote for Max, she is hot as hell and I love the thick and exotic look she has.

Same here. Watched episode one earlier today before work. About to watch the next two episodes now.

So has anyone started a hottest bitch rating system yet? I vote for Max, she is hot as hell and I love the thick and exotic look she has.

I do not see how max couldn't be number 1 honestly, she is damn near a 10 in my book.

As for the show i like it a lot, there is many characters the show centers around rather than 1 main character, and a few of the pirates on the show were real life pirates back in the day like Capt. Vane and Anne bonny so it is cool how they incorporated history into the show! I for one can not wait for the next episode to come out, thats the only bad thing about watching a new show is having to play the waiting game lol

I like to binge watch, so I have a hard time getting into shows during their first season. Well, except Firefly. ;(

Seems like they're trying too hard to make it seem like a lot is going on in the Trailer.

shit show.
obvious after the very first 15 minutes of the very first episode.
shame

Or tell them anything they want to hear to stop the torture. The safest option was let him live to find the treasure.

That is how it is written, but the false informatipnis an issue when someone doesn't know what you are trying to get out of them. Silver does know the schedule, and if he didn't remember there would be no reason not to torture him. Coming up with a reasonable lie generally isn't on the mind of someone undergoing torture. Especially coordinates like they were after, you can't just make those up and have them make sense- changing a digit is likely to land you in open water our on land instead of a coastal port.

Then after they let him live they take no precautions against him running off to another crew, to talking to the rest of the crew.

I understand why they include this to move the plot along and give a place for the devious Silver character, but there could have been less sloppy ways to write it.

Dunno why but Hannah New is killing me!

I've watched the first three episodes, and I'm losing interest. I know the producers are trying to set the scene and introduce characters, but it needs a change of scenery and some action. I understand it's easier and cheaper to film on land, but it's supposed to be a pirate show, with ships and fighting not an island drama. I'll give it a couple more episodes till I bail ship. Definitely some good looking women though.

I'm done. Even the cat can't save this ship from sinking.

I've actually gained interest over the 1st 3 shows.

I'm gonna watch the 4th episode sometime today. I think the characters are badass and i can do with the lack of action, i'm sure this will pick up steam.

I like this show enough to watch the entire 1st season and see if i want to keep going after that.

Not much pirating in this show about pirates. Getting a little tiresome watching plots and schemes develop into.. more plots and schemes. End of the 4th episode did promise some action though.

Not much pirating in this show about pirates. Getting a little tiresome watching plots and schemes develop into.. more plots and schemes. End of the 4th episode did promise some action though.

That's what I got from the trailer. The only thing worse is a superhero movie that dedicates 90% of the movie to character development with a shitty payoff at the end.

Back