Starz's BLACK SAILS (Season 4 Discussion)

Just got the first season free...binging on it now.

Just waited till mid season and marathoned all 5 episodes.

Wow. Rarely does a show take off like this in S3.

The budget seems to be dramatically increased. Everything in this season. Crazy storm sequence, fire ships,
Remote island marooning, hostile islanders, stranded whales, sharks,
English and Spanish incursions and fucking black beard.

Well done.

I was so amazed by how good it was I didn't realize how good it was.

This season has been spectacular.

What is up with that duel? I understand it is a way to keep both Teach and Flint alive. But TEach pouting like a baby after he gets hit in the head, and then after Charles Vane sides with Flint?

That one-take continuous shot of the stagecoach action scene was amazing. The camerawork was unbelieavable.

Loved the fight scene between the Governor and Charles Vane. Very well-choreographed.

Finally, somebody besides Hannah New gets nekkid.

That one-take continuous shot of the stagecoach action scene was amazing. The camerawork was unbelieavable.

Loved the fight scene between the Governor and Charles Vane. Very well-choreographed.

This is a really slow burn show. The Woodes Rogers story arch will take another season to finish. Kind of silly they have Vane get captured. Flint already got arrested last season and Calico this season. Now they got to spend the last few episodes rescuing Vane. Havent they learned their lesson? They are suppose to be pirates.

And is Teach coming back? He showed up in first few seasons to say hello to his adoptive son Vane, and now he is gone. Or maybe it will be Teach who raids Nassau and saves Vane, and gets killed for it. As you know what father wont die for child.

This is a really slow burn show. The Woodes Rogers story arch will take another season to finish. Kind of silly they have Vane get captured. Flint already got arrested last season and Calico this season. Now they got to spend the last few episodes rescuing Vane. Havent they learned their lesson? They are suppose to be pirates.
The show might be better viewed if binge-watched.

Awesome episode.

Charles Vane is one of the best anti-heros in recent TV history.

But that was an underwhelming speech. I wish he went out with more of a bang. He deserved that much.

Charles Vane is one of the best anti-heros in recent TV history.

But that was an underwhelming speech. I wish he went out with more of a bang. He deserved that much.
I was hoping for
I was hoping for a Gol D. Rogers style exit

What period within Golden Age of Piracy does this story take place, I wonder? It must be towards the end. Apparently Boston is well developed, Carolina is pretty developed, and the Spanish have a lot of investments.

What period within Golden Age of Piracy does this story take place, I wonder? It must be towards the end. Apparently Boston is well developed, Carolina is pretty developed, and the Spanish have a lot of investments.

Set roughly two decades before the events of Treasure Island and during the Golden Age of Piracy, the feared Captain Flint brings on a younger crew member as they fight for the survival of New Providence Island. According to the first episode, "In 1715, West Indies, the pirates of New Providence Island threaten maritime trade in the region. The laws of every civilized nation declare them hostis humani generis; enemies of all mankind. In response, the pirates adhere to a doctrine of their own....war against the world." Real life pirates that are fictionalized in the show include Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Ned Low, and Blackbeard.

Set roughly two decades before the events of Treasure Island and during the Golden Age of Piracy, the feared Captain Flint brings on a younger crew member as they fight for the survival of New Providence Island. According to the first episode, "In 1715, West Indies, the pirates of New Providence Island threaten maritime trade in the region. The laws of every civilized nation declare them hostis humani generis; enemies of all mankind. In response, the pirates adhere to a doctrine of their own....war against the world." Real life pirates that are fictionalized in the show include Anne Bonny, Benjamin Hornigold, Jack Rackham, Charles Vane, Ned Low, and Blackbeard.

oh yes I see it was towards the end of the Golden Age of Piracy. I wonder how many more seasons. I guess next one will be last. They either retake Nassau or not and everyone has to retire to the mainland.

Holy shit, can't believe they killed off Vane. Was expecting some last-second save but they really went through with it.

It's funny how I kept on predicting that Charles Vane actor Zach McGowan's character in CW's The 100 would die because he's a regular in Black Sails. It turns out it was the complete opposite.

Holy shit, can't believe they killed off Vane. Was expecting some last-second save but they really went through with it.

It's funny how I kept on predicting that Charles Vane actor Zach McGowan's character in CW's The 100 would die because he's a regular in Black Sails. It turns out it was the complete opposite.

Wait a sec, he is on the 100 too? He is also in Shameless right?

Cool finale

Yes it was cool, but this show always does this. Last episode is explosive. They will spend another season try to jack Woodes Roger from the Island, and another season for the buildup of Flint vs Silver. Then season 5 to wrap up Flint vs Silver, and finally a 6th season to finally establish where Treasure Island starts.

So yeah Id marry Anne

Black-Sails-201-3.png

cbd21542c669032c84a892b87726ca5d.jpg

Wait a sec, he is on the 100 too? He is also in Shameless right?
Yep, he's in Shameless but I haven't been following that show for the past few seasons, so I don't know if he's still there.

In The 100, he's just a recurring character. Who knows, he might be upgraded as a regular by the time the show comes back.

Back