Starz's BLACK SAILS (Season 4 Discussion)

Flint is done, no way he makes it to the end of the series alive. Shit I'd be surprised if he makes it to the end of next episode.
"That man has a goddamn answer for everything."

They spent 30 days of production on the ship taking water scene and i skipped past it because it was boring. Looking like it's gonna be another decent season.

Shit's about to go DOWN. fuckkk, hype af for next weeekkkk

I don't like Ray Stevenson for Blackbeard. Although his portrayal will certainly be better than Hugh Jackman's in Pan...
Hugh Jackman wasn't playing Edward Teach, and his performance-- particularly his dialogue with Peter in the ship-- was the single greatest thing about that movie. He took relatively pedestrian material and elevated it.

I just now picked this show back up and don't understand the Flint storyline. Is he still gay? Why is he so hellbent for revenge over "killing his woman"? Why does he see her spirit in all his dreams and near-death visions?

Shouldn't he be pining for and envisioning his dead male lover?

I just now picked this show back up and don't understand the Flint storyline. Is he still gay? Why is he so hellbent for revenge over "killing his woman"? Why does he see her spirit in all his dreams and near-death visions?

Shouldn't he be pining for and envisioning his dead male lover?
He had basically decided to make a new life with Miranda. She was his life partner b/c she always had his back. I'm also going to assume that the writers and producers of the show heard the backlash against Flint's gayness (because it seemingly was there for no reason except shock value) and consciously strayed away from it.

I'm really liking this season so far. Even when there's some lull or non-action moments, whether it be the happenings in Nassau or in the slave island or any of the characters' side stories, it kept me interested. And I'm excited about the direction they are going in with them taking back Nassau.

Ray Stevenson has been terrific as Blackbeard. Love his fighting style.

Flint is the best character, still. Good season so far, really good season... but I don't like Eleanor's interaction with the naive english guys taking back over. It just comes across as like, "oh yeah, she's gonna be a step ahead every single time no matter what," and then that's what happens.

I'm really liking this season so far. Even when there's some lull or non-action moments, whether it be the happenings in Nassau or in the slave island or any of the characters' side stories, it kept me interested. And I'm excited about the direction they are going in with them taking back Nassau.

Ray Stevenson has been terrific as Blackbeard. Love his fighting style.

Me too, it's been fantastic. It's the show I look forward to most each week.

Flint is the best character, still. Good season so far, really good season... but I don't like Eleanor's interaction with the naive english guys taking back over. It just comes across as like, "oh yeah, she's gonna be a step ahead every single time no matter what," and then that's what happens.
Damn that spy to Spain. Why couldn't she have waited for 15 minutes to barge in on Rogers and Eleanor's "meeting."

Me too, it's been fantastic. It's the show I look forward to most each week.
I'm kinda worried about Jack since he decided to go back. Rogers won't give him a pardon unless he returns his share of treasure back to Spain.

I'm kinda worried about Jack since he decided to go back. Rogers won't give him a pardon unless he returns his share of treasure back to Spain.

Oh yeah, he's headed for trouble.

Any time a character says "I'll be right back" he isn't, unless he's a terminator.

Yeah, he just fucked everything up, like Anne told him, "We just beat the fucking game" -- and he goes back, like a moron.

Yeah, he just fucked everything up, like Anne told him, "We just beat the fucking game" -- and he goes back, like a moron.

For gamblers, the rush isn't in winning, it's in surviving the loss of everything.

Jack used to be one of my favorite characters back in seasons 1 and 2. But wealth has dulled him and his lackluster scenes show it in this season.

Just thought of something. Jack dies which will motivate Charles Vane to come back. Thought their last goodbye seemed a bit mushy. Now it makes sense.

For gamblers, the rush isn't in winning, it's in surviving the loss of everything.
In fairness to Jack, season 3 has been hammering the point that what Jack values the most in the world are his name and legacy.

In fairness to Jack, season 3 has been hammering the point that what Jack values the most in the world are his name and legacy.
Yeah, that's what separates all the major players in the show from the lesser characters. None of them actually care about gold, about wealth, about status, about creature comforts. They just care about what they can use it to do. All have different schemes for how they would mold the New World.

Oh yeah, he's headed for trouble.

Any time a character says "I'll be right back" he isn't, unless he's a terminator.
He has no idea he's walking into Eleanor. He thinks she's dead. I can't believe he would go back there knowing Hornigold was there, though.

Just waited till mid season and marathoned all 5 episodes.

Wow. Rarely does a show take off like this in S3.

The budget seems to be dramatically increased. Everything in this season. Crazy storm sequence, fire ships,
Remote island marooning, hostile islanders, stranded whales, sharks,
English and Spanish incursions and fucking black beard.

Well done.

Back