Starz's BLACK SAILS (Season 4 Discussion)

Game of Thrones and Walking Dead is just bad thing happening after bad thing happening. You get no respite.

On Blacks Sails, a bad thing happens, and it get resolved. It goes up and down up and down. GOT and WD just sucks and sucks and sucks. There is like no hope for these character so why keep watching. Black Sails though, the characters have hope. It is like the show Arrow with less sappy emotions. This is how they should do arrow.

But what the heck do they need BlackBeard for? Will just be another version of Ned Low but lasts longer.

And they have to rescue Miss Guthrie soon or else this show will just be pirates sailing around, raiding ships, then living it up off the bounty, and sailing around, raiding ships, and then living it up off the bounty.

Last edited:
The production value for Black Sails is amazing. It feels like the action scenes are Hollywood movie quality. Michael Bay, from Transformers, is one of the executive producers.

As for the plot I found the whole Lord Thomas's righteousness, pirates' salvation, and reconciling with England a little too pretentious and boring. But now that they burned that bridge, the show's exciting again.

We need new interesting female characters though.

Game of Thrones and Walking Dead is just bad thing happening after bad thing happening. You get no respite.

On Blacks Sails, a bad thing happens, and it get resolved. It goes up and down up and down. GOT and WD just sucks and sucks and sucks. There is like no hope for these character so why keep watching. Black Sails though, the characters have hope. It is like the show Arrow with less sappy emotions. This is how they should do arrow.

But what the heck do they need BlackBeard for? Will just be another version of Ned Low but lasts longer.

And they have to rescue Miss Guthrie soon or else this show will just be pirates sailing around, raiding ships, then living it up off the bounty, and sailing around, raiding ships, and then living it up off the bounty.

Game of Thrones can be hard, it's such a brutal show; the last season in particular almost broke me.

The thing is, on the odd occasion a hero triumphs, it's incredible, it means so much more because you can't take it for granted. You can't follow the arc and think "this is where the hero wins" because you just don't know, and peril is actually peril.

I love the way this story is told.

The finale was incredible. I've felt that this show has such high production value, it's crazy how good all the scenes and action looks.

Before they broke into the fort it was said that their ship was still in the bay, thus the surprise when they discovered they were gone :eek:

Well damn I forgot about that. I wonder how the hell they got there then if they didn't use that ship. I don't recall Vane saying or did I miss it?

Now I'm upset I dropped my cable package a level and missed out on the last 3 to 4 episodes.

Stopped watching the show after the big reveal about Captain Flynt but was bedridden with a nasty bug the past couple of days and remembered the show. Gave it a shot and holy hell I'm glad I did. The 1sg half of the season was very slow and the reveal just killed it for me but the second half really kicked ass.

I would assume the fury of England will now fall upon all of Nassau after the last episode. Anyone know if a 4th season will be ordered. Hate to invest in the 3rd season if it will be the final one. Don't know how good the ratings have been or not.

Ms. Guthrie, Vane/Flint, Rackham his cohorts, the gold, Englands anger, and throw in some blackbeard? Can't wait.

Update: October 2, 2015

First Full Trailer for Starz's BLACK SAILS Season 3

HYPPEEE!!

I can't wait. That's a real shitty song choice for the trailer though.

Why was my thread deleted? This is a general Black Sails thread. I was just making the announcement it is back on.

I don't like Ray Stevenson for Blackbeard. Although his portrayal will certainly be better than Hugh Jackman's in Pan...

Why was my thread deleted? This is a general Black Sails thread. I was just making the announcement it is back on.
Sorry about that, I didn't delete your thread. If I'd seen it, I would have just merged it.

I would just like to reiterate that Flint is a mad bastard who, as Silver says, has an answer for just about every damn problem he could possibly encounter.

Definitely a set-up episode, with excellent production value during the tempest scenes. Looks like we're about to see some thirsty and starving pirates while getting to see how good Blackbeard is at playing the game on Nassau.

Flint is done, no way he makes it to the end of the series alive. Shit I'd be surprised if he makes it to the end of next episode.

Back