Starz's AMERICAN GODS (Returns March 10, 2019)

thoughts so far- better than Preacher, not as good as Legion.

thoughts so far- better than Preacher, not as good as Legion.
Personally, I like it better than both.

I loved Legion, but passed a certain point, the constant confusion about what was real and what was hallucination was annoying. Preacher isn't nearly as artistic as the other two, but I still enjoyed it.

But I'm loving American Gods.

Even the "bad CG" I think is appropriate. I think it's meant to look "bad" in the sense of being otherworldly. It's supposed to look wrong, because we're seeing everything from the perspective of Shadow, who up until a few days ago, thought that none of this shit existed.

I loved Legion, but passed a certain point, the constant confusion about what was real and what was hallucination was annoying. Preacher isn't nearly as artistic as the other two, but I still enjoyed it.

Even the "bad CG" I think is appropriate. I think it's meant to look "bad" in the sense of being otherworldly. It's supposed to look wrong, because we're seeing everything from the perspective of Shadow, who up until a few days ago, thought that none of this shit existed.
I found Legion impressive for the way it navigated through psychological metaphors without falling into cliches- which many others have tried to do but failed.

As for American Gods, I have no issues with the look or special effects. But the premise seems like it'll get corny after a while. Havent read the book so hopefully I'm wrong.

the fucking scene are fucking hilarious what away 2 die

Idk what the fuck's going on.

IMG_0643.PNG
i dont get this. if u dislike the source material, and you disliked the first episode, why would you continue watching?

I disliked it because we had to read such a long book in such a short period. I felt rushed and there were parts I didn't get and didn't have time to understand. The episode was just odd, I don't throw in towel when I watch a new series. I'll give it about 4-5 episodes before calling it.

I just realized I still have the book on audible as well as the physical book

Last edited:
Man, Stromare and Jones fucking brought it this episode.

Fucking lol @ the equal opportunity nudity. Pretty sure there was a dick shot for every pair of tits this episode loool

I don't like Gaiman but I figured I'd give the first episode a try. It reminded me of why I don't like Gaiman. It's like he's trying to one up Tim Burton on being the worlds most pretentious :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.

I love both. Maybe the issue with American Gods is that it sometimes moves too slow. The checker scene could have been chopped down and a better climatic scene could have ended the episode because no one frankly believes that Czernobog will deliver a hammer blow to Shadows's head

Second ep was much better, but i'm still on a fence about the 'vibe' of the show, angles, music, colors - everything is so hazy and mildly puke inducing, like a bad trip, very unpleasant to sit through. It's probably done on purpose, but I feel like they went overboard with it.

Lol wow. I read they were going to do a bold scene involving muslims and i assumed it was going to be PC spiel about judging them as terrorists and then....<{danawhoah}>

Another good episode in the can though. This one felt even more strange and dream like than the others though. but went further to establish the theory behind thought form to help viewers grasp whats going on.

The Djinn had a huge dick

I'm just saying. I was like wtf is that

Whoa...............muslim time

I have no idea what's going on. Still watching though.

I still haven't seen episode three but so far I'm liking it. Jones was way better as Anansi then I thought he would be. Also, loving Czernobog so far

After 3 episodes, the show is very entertaining no doubt but deliberately dragging a bit to stretch the season. Could be faster paced just a little.

Still wish Bryan Fuller wasn't involved in this. Don't like the way he rehashes the eerie Hannibal score (especially the violin and drum beats) for this show.

And after 3 episodes, can't we get some sex scenes with some beautiful hot chick. Bilquis? Blah. Djinn sex scene? Oh shit, where's the fast forward button. My eyes!

Wished they cast Bilquis with someone hotter similar to Megalyn Echikunwoke, Jessica Lucas, Meta Golding, Candice Patton, etc. Bilquis would have no problems people worshipping her if she looked like any of those actresses.

094b7970.jpg

485_1000.jpg

Welp, that theory is out the window. We've learned from the second episode that all you need to do is be anywhere near her vagina to get swallowed up.

BUT

We've also learned that you apparently also spend an eternity in ecstasy. Forever living out your last orgasm. Could be worse?
I think my theory still stands. I think in order to be swallowed up by her vagina, Bilquis needs to be in the throes of passion, probably when she's near climax. So if a guy cums early, say less than a minute, I'm pretty confident he's safe.

Take that, Bilquis.

2373e895110c90782dc0069f7825f62d_nelson-simpsons-haha-memes-4-simpsons-meme-haha_400-373.jpeg

And after 3 episodes, can't we get some sex scenes with some beautiful hot chick. Bilquis? Blah. Djinn sex scene? Oh shit, where's the fast forward button. My eyes!

Wished they cast Bilquis with someone hotter similar to Megalyn Echikunwoke, Jessica Lucas, Meta Golding, Candice Patton, etc. Bilquis would have no problems people worshipping her if she looked like any of those actresses.

094b7970.jpg

485_1000.jpg

Out of your list, Jessica Lucas would be my favorite just based on looks, but she just doesn't have the acting chops.

Megalyn Echikunwoke is a close second, though she has the same issue with Lucas.

I was expecting the djinn scene. When I read it in the book, it seemed forced. Why would Gaiman go out of his way and put some random homo scene? Gay man.

<Fedor23>

Back