Starting a Franchise TODAY, Pick Your QB, RB, and WR

Mahomes
Gurley
Hopkins

Mahomes
Gurley
Hopkins
Since I started this, I should give my input and I would pick the same three as Metal and here's why.

First off, all three guys are 26 years old or younger, which means I should get at least 6 superb to good years out of them barring injury. Mahomes has shown in his second year that his decision making is excellent and he has great pocket presence, has the rocket arm, the nimble feet in and out of the pocket, and can put touch on his throws, something alot of guys with a rocket arm lack.

With Gurley, I think he's as complete a back as there is today. He's a true, do it all back, who can run inside, outside, pick up the occasional blitzer, and is a heck of a catcher who can take it to the house.

The WR position, like the QB position, is one I struggled with initially but after thinking about it, it was quite simple; Hopkins is far and away the best talent and has produced. Over the past 5 years, he's had at least 7 starting QBs and he doesn't miss a beat and he's yet to play with a talented QB (Watson for part of last year and this year). He's proven it doesn't matter who's throwing him the ball, he's going to be there to make the catch. No great running back, no great #2 WR, it doesn't matter, he's still going to get his 1000 yards

Most importantly, although the sample size is admittedly small for Mahomes, these three guys have proven that they are not divas, not problem starters, nor lockerroom distractions. They get on the field, do their job, and off they go. And all being 26 or younger definitely made the decision easier.

Mahomes - Gives me Dan Marino vibes
Barkely - Well rounded and I love big thighs
Diggs -DMV stand up

Back