Started Tkd and kickboxing for mma,advice needed

Cazlad

Cazorla
Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys! Got myself a personal trainer for KB and I'm starting a Tkd class,I'm wondering if any of you guys could give me some pointers to help me get my ass kicked less often,I'm 6.2 with a slim but toned build,my best qualities are speed,agility and precision

check out the ginger ninja's channel for kicking dexterity. that will help you with the leg strenght you'll need for tkd.

It takes a lot of time to be good at TKD ( a lot more than other arts/sports), but the benefits from it are visible a lot earlier.
As Jimmy said, dexterity is very important. So do your stretching, learn the proper technique.
Also try to spar a lot. Usually TKD is beginner friendly in sparring, putting emphasis on speed and not on power, and that's helps a lot with your reflex, eye-body coordination and your overall perception...

Footvolleyball numba 1 active rest/recovery modality for balance and dexterity on the feet (slacklining honorabur mention).

Last edited:
I hate to say it, but if it's a good TKD Dejong drill the shit out of the forms.

U need to learn basic body mechanics from the ground up, that way when you learn the hardest jump spin techniques you will naturally have the body position to focus your striking from.

U gotta build the foundation before you put up the house.

Plus forms, which is what they were originally intended for, give you endless hrs of training to do when you can't make class.

When I had my distal bicep tendon surgery from Judo I trained Tai Chi form and as I rehabed went back and re learned all of my TKD forms up to my Il Dan test before I could return to the mat.

Everybody MMA says forms are a waste of time, but they are not. They are your foundation.

Back