Start eating mostly Vegan but include a variety of Bugs and Insects into your diet for protein

Yeah, I'm not saying there aren't other factors. I mean, how many grams of broccoli equal 1 calorie vs that of meat? Nonetheless, just pointing out that one can maintain a perfectly balanced diet without consuming meat.

I would really love to cut meat out of my diet. I consume chicken breasts, thighs, tri tip, brisket and so forth nearly daily (obviously not all at once, though). I want to try like a week or two of just veggies.
Meet in the middle and go lacto-ovo vegetarian. I did it for the better part of a year and there were no issues. Eggs,milk, cheese ect.

It's called peanuts you moron. How the hell do you want to eat clean and become vegan but want to throw some dirty ass bugs in your mouth?

Legumes dummy.
Hey relax no need for the childish entitled name calling

You won't be eating random shit eating bugs so not sure why you keep teasing that if you want people to really take this thread and consider that.

The bugs we eat would be farmed and clean raised and not scavenger bugs that might bring pathogens with them.

You can eat slugs from your backyard, just catch them and put a carrot and all the pathogens are gone when they start eating the carrot.

Gordon ramsey talks about how to prepare and rid snails of toxiins he cooks some garden snails he caught

No they won't

High fat in milk and cheese, ask Kevin Smith he said his doctor told him eating a lot of cheese and drinking two gallons of a milk a day did him in before his massive heart attack.

Vegan huh, so what does your husband think about all this?

High fat in milk and cheese, ask Kevin Smith he said his doctor told him eating a lot of cheese and drinking two gallons of a milk a day did him in before his massive heart attack.

also the fact that he was a morbidly obese looking piece of shit that cant make a good movie

The issue is not running out of meat. The issue is the destruction to our ecosystem caused by to huge agriculture farms which furnish most of the meat to major suppliers, as well as the moral issues (I don't mind killing and eating something, but I find it horrible to witness how animals are treated in the larger institutions).

Switching to only vegetables isnt going to change anything because the vegetables come from those large agricultural farms.

Kevin Smith? As in Silent Blob?

I think dairy was the last thing to clog his arteries.

Here's an idea. Stop getting your diet advice from fatasses.

Overconsumption of anything is not going to be good for you. Heck, water can kill you if you drink too much. So some fatass drinking two gallons of milk and gorging himself on cheese doesn't imply that milk or cheese is bad for you. Moderation of anything is key.

Switching to only vegetables isnt going to change anything because the vegetables come from those large agricultural farms.

I live like two blocks from a farmers market, so in my particular case, they cone from farms around the bay area. I also have a presence of mind and can differentiate between small-scale and mass produced chemical-soaked garbage.

Hell, to that point, I can buy locally harvested meat as well (my moms friends run a ranch a few hours north of me). Really, my point concerning the vegetables was a personal health focus, although the ecological ramifications of meat consumption do bother me.

However, your point is certainly true for many people.

If you want to go low impact but high functioning, you can just eat a whole food high vegetable diet and raise your own yard birds for eggs and meat.

Couple that with hunting boar and deer and you're not contributing to the meat industry, and the animals you hunt can and do wreck habitats without predation.

The best part of all? You don't end up b12 deficient and anemic with cardiac muscle and skeletal muscle loss in the long term.

What's annoying about vegans is that they are all against GMOs.

GMOs are the future. All the talk about saving the environment, saving the animals, eating clean, stopping world hunger, etc. GMOs are going to be the answer to all of that. But vegans treat the word GMO like it's poison.

Frogs> Humans
1IDWsBo.jpg

If you want to go low impact but high functioning, you can just eat a whole food high vegetable diet and raise your own yard birds for eggs and meat.

Couple that with hunting boar and deer and you're not contributing to the meat industry, and the animals you hunt can and do wreck habitats without predation.

The best part of all? You don't end up b12 deficient and anemic with cardiac muscle and skeletal muscle loss in the long term.

is it true carbonated drinks whether it diet or non diet cause bone decay? or bone density loss? or is that the caffeine?

Milk and cheese will clog your arteries
Heh. You sound like Der. Watch you don't get banned.

Milk and cheese are fine as part of a balanced diet. The fact that one CAN have problems from them or from poor quality stuff does not change the former.

is it true carbonated drinks whether it diet or non diet cause bone decay? or bone density loss? or is that the caffeine?

Personally I think while the carbonic acid isn't great in high doses the worst part about those drinks has always been the sugar. Here's the rub, we're now seeing some evidence that the non sugar sweeteners also mess with metabolism. It isn't just your taste buds getting tricked.

I think people as a whole should get used to drinking unsweetened beverages.

Drink water. If you drink tea or coffee take it straight.

Beverages don't need to be sweetened, it's gotten kind of insane.

Heh. You sound like Der. Watch you don't get banned.

Milk and cheese are fine as part of a balanced diet. The fact that one CAN have problems from them or from poor quality stuff does not change the former.

Why will I get banned for saying that? I thought Der got banned for name calling and insulting members who didnt agree with him?

Back