Start eating mostly Vegan but include a variety of Bugs and Insects into your diet for protein

Why do you think that you need to eat insects to get proteins on a vegan diet? I mean, even if you don't hit your target thru your diet there are vegan isolate proteins you can supplement with exactly like a lot of bodybuilders do with whey proteins, Patrick Baboumian (vegan strongman) utilizes pea and rice proteins for example

Broccoli and beans, for instance. Plenty of protein.

I'm not a vegan, but broccoli contains more protein per calorie than does meat.

I am trying to build my tolerance to bugs. Not that I want to get rid of meat in my diet, i just want to add bugs.

Bugs in every way are better for us than meat and other than our social conditioning to meat they are less gross. It is just we are no longer conditioned to bugs and therefore find them gross.

Before you react to the above what makes something gross? Is chicken feet or cow foot any more gross than eating meat from the ass of those animals? I was not socialized on cow or chicken foot so I find them off putting but Asians and others rasied on them love them.

Bugs are leaner,better protein that our bodies burn cleaner and we get more energy from. They are a 100% consumed food source with zero waste. They can be framed in a way that is ecology and planet friendly.

And they don't have to be visually off putting as the TS is presenting for the shock factor.

This is a cricket meal burger.

insect-burger.jpg

and this is what cricket flower you can bake with and use for all sorts of purposes looks like

Cricket-Flour.png

Our ancestors ate bugs, the French eat bugs and slugs and frogs.

Why is it weird or crazy? Humans are hunter gatherer we would gather bugs and berries and eat them, its why we still have the ability to digest them we need to eat more bugs its a great source of nutrient

There is a high likelihood that any thing you are not socialize to eat as a kid MAY seem gross or strange to you.

I find the idea of Cow's tongue, cow's foot, chicken feet all gross. I used to think any organ meat (liver, heart, etc) was gross. But give me a chunk of Rump Roast, ass meat, and yummy.

Step back from that envision the live cow, the slaughter process with all the blood and guts and why is the rump roast (or any meat) not gross as well? Because I was socialized to it.

So put aside our subjective biases, as we all can create a list of things that gross us out that will not gorss out the next guy, and eating bugs is really less gross than animal slaughter.

And i say that as a life long meat eater who has no intention of ever stopping eating meat.

Start including lean grasshopper, cricket, meal worms, Roaches, and other edible bugs into your diet, the human used to eat bugs as hunter gather people, we must continue to including bugs into our diet before we lose the enzyme and ability to digest their exoskeleton.

I like my grasshopper steak well marbled for optimal grilling performance.

There is a high likelihood that any thing you are not socialize to eat as a kid MAY seem gross or strange to you.

I find the idea of Cow's tongue, cow's foot, chicken feet all gross. I used to think any organ meat (liver, heart, etc) was gross. But give me a chunk of Rump Roast, ass meat, and yummy.

Step back from that envision the live cow, the slaughter process with all the blood and guts and why is the rump roast (or any meat) not gross as well? Because I was socialized to it.

So put aside our subjective biases, as we all can create a list of things that gross us out that will not gorss out the next guy, and eating bugs is really less gross than animal slaughter.

And i say that as a life long meat eater who has no intention of ever stopping eating meat.

Great posts mike

Yes cow tongue is disgusting a lot of people will est cow rongue soup, also pigs anus and the stinking intestines of a cow or pig.

Bugs that are raised clean and fried up are delicious crispy, those meal worms are awesome with a bit of salt put them on salad.

Whats weird is people dont realize we have so many Roaches and they rather eat fast food instead of fried roach or some bug protein powder.

A lot of the chemicals in food are more disgusting than eating cooked bugs. And more harmful

Why? If you gonna do that, you might as well eat normal meat

Brother normal meat? Unless you are hunting your iwn meat. Those farm raise meat are fill with chemicals, steroids, antibiotics, hormones that your body absorbs. Bugs are cleaner and safer source

Brother normal meat? Unless you are hunting your iwn meat. Those farm raise meat are fill with chemicals, steroids, antibiotics, hormones that your body absorbs. Bugs are cleaner and safer source

I dont buy that much from the store. I live in a small place in norway. I get my meat from hunters and farmers. But i dont mind going into a store to buy some.

Sure maybe its not that clean. But that dont matter. I dont drink, smoke, or use drugs. And i train hard.

I am sure its not gonna do any harm.

Pay the higher price and buy higher quality beef/chicken (it's usually double the price but eliminates all the negatives you listed)

I would answer that, why not?

Now again I am a meat lover and have no plan in my life to give up eating meat. But stepping back from that a moment and forgetting what we are socialized to eat, then why not?

Imagine an Alien comes to earth and you have to show him the process of raising and slaughtering a cow for consumption and the process of farming crickets for consumption. And at the end of the day you present two burgers along with all the scrap and waste. The one I posted above which is made from crickett meal and the other beef. Which do you think he would think we should eat?

The cricket burger is superior in every way nutritionally and has zero waste and was far easier on the environment to raise. So again, I ask, with us stepping away from our bias, WHY NOT the cricket burger?

I am trying to build my tolerance to bugs. Not that I want to get rid of meat in my diet, i just want to add bugs.

Bugs in every way are better for us than meat and other than our social conditioning to meat they are less gross. It is just we are no longer conditioned to bugs and therefore find them gross.

Before you react to the above what makes something gross? Is chicken feet or cow foot any more gross than eating meat from the ass of those animals? I was not socialized on cow or chicken foot so I find them off putting but Asians and others rasied on them love them.

Bugs are leaner,better protein that our bodies burn cleaner and we get more energy from. They are a 100% consumed food source with zero waste. They can be framed in a way that is ecology and planet friendly.

And they don't have to be visually off putting as the TS is presenting for the shock factor.

This is a cricket meal burger.

insect-burger.jpg

and this is what cricket flower you can bake with and use for all sorts of purposes looks like

Cricket-Flour.png

This is critical thinking. Bravo.

I dont buy that much from the store. I live in a small place in norway. I get my meat from hunters and farmers. But i dont mind going into a store to buy some.

Sure maybe its not that clean. But that dont matter. I dont drink, smoke, or use drugs. And i train hard.

I am sure its not gonna do any harm.
Well its okay for you, since you live in a clean country in usa and mexico most of the meat is filled with antibiotics that will destroy your gut, and hormones which cause guys to start growing stray hairs, ear hairs, super long nose hairs, etc.

You are lucky the meat you get is very clean.

Oh hell no
Dont knock it til you try itmy fellow Oaklander, they got a lot of roaches in the hood man, clean those bad boys up and fry em up put some fried garlic and salt and pepper those bad boys will be crispy

Dont knock it til you try itmy fellow Oaklander, they got a lot of roaches in the hood man, clean those bad boys up and fry em up put some fried garlic and salt and pepper those bad boys will be crispy
I imagine fried anything is at least...passable

I supoose if i think hard about it, a lobster/crab are just insects from the ocean.....

I think i would need it presented to me in a differnt fashion then just a fried insect with the same shape, eyes etc. maybe mashed into a burger or something

Broccoli and beans, for instance. Plenty of protein.

I'm not a vegan, but broccoli contains more protein per calorie than does meat.
Meat is way more easily digestible and the protein is more bioavailable. Broccoli is a wonderfood but I will never make it a staple in my diet.

It's called peanuts you moron. How the hell do you want to eat clean and become vegan but want to throw some dirty ass bugs in your mouth?

Legumes dummy.

You won't be eating random shit eating bugs so not sure why you keep teasing that if you want people to really take this thread and consider that.

The bugs we eat would be farmed and clean raised and not scavenger bugs that might bring pathogens with them.

Meat is way more easily digestible and the protein is more bioavailable. Broccoli is a wonderfood but I will never make it a staple in my diet.

Yeah, I'm not saying there aren't other factors. I mean, how many grams of broccoli equal 1 calorie vs that of meat? Nonetheless, just pointing out that one can maintain a perfectly balanced diet without consuming meat.

I would really love to cut meat out of my diet. I consume chicken breasts, thighs, tri tip, brisket and so forth nearly daily (obviously not all at once, though). I want to try like a week or two of just veggies.

Back