Stargate Needs a Reboot

Cheese

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Netflix or HBO needs to throws and reboot Stargate from the beginning. New cast and new story and everything. Start over from scratch and give us some really good. Let the Cloverfield guy do it. He could make each world crazy with giant monsters and shit. I think it would be huge if they could spend some real money and make it right.

imagine this with todays tech

Are you one of those Stargate truthers who loves the Kurt Russell movie and denies the existence of the TV shows?

IMO, SG-1 was pretty definitive (in fact you could argue it went on too long) I also hear good things about Atlantis, though SG-U came off as a poor man's BSG.

Now if they did, say, Band of Brothers meets Aliens type treatment on a prestige channel, then I might start throwing money at the screen.

Are you one of those Stargate truthers who loves the Kurt Russell movie and denies the existence of the TV shows?

IMO, SG-1 was pretty definitive (in fact you could argue it went on too long) I also hear good things about Atlantis, though SG-U came off as a poor man's BSG.

Now if they did, say, Band of Brothers meets Aliens type treatment on a prestige channel, then I might start throwing money at the screen.

No I watch 5he first few season of SG-1 and like but stop for some reason. I never started Atlantis or Origins.

But when did SG-1 end. Almost over 10yrs i think. I think Origins was trying to brings some hype back but was done bad and no budget from what I read.

Elrey is showing the Stargate series and the plots still hold up.

The last reboot they did didn’t do so well, I enjoyed it but it was a short run and didn’t get a second season.

I can’t remember the name now but it’s the one where they are on the ship lost in some other galaxie trying to figure out how to get back, and keep the ancient ship running.

The last reboot they did didn’t do so well, I enjoyed it but it was a short run and didn’t get a second season.

I can’t remember the name now but it’s the one where they are on the ship lost in some other galaxie trying to figure out how to get back, and keep the ancient ship running.
Is that the one that was web-only to promote the MGM streaming platform? I heard that was like a prequel to the movie/SG-1?

As soon as I found out it wasn't a "real" series I lost all interest.

No I watch 5he first few season of SG-1 and like but stop for some reason. I never started Atlantis or Origins.

But when did SG-1 end. Almost over 10yrs i think. I think Origins was trying to brings some hype back but was done bad and no budget from what I read.

A friend of mine I played football with was a guest star on Atlantis. He was great.

1trackerkyrik.jpg

I enjoyed all the shows. I liked them a LOT more than I liked the movie, actually, which I found a bit underwhelming. The scale of the show was so much more epic.

The SG universe in general is really good.

Is that the one that was web-only to promote the MGM streaming platform? I heard that was like a prequel to the movie/SG-1?

As soon as I found out it wasn't a "real" series I lost all interest.

No I have no idea what the web only one is , this one was on sci fi channel got to have been close to a decade ago now.

SG1 lasted 10 years, 1997-2007 with the last 3 with Ben Browder and Claudia Black. Stargate Atlantis was 5 seasons, 2004 to 2009. I never saw Origins.

Back