Stardew Valley

I can't wait till this has multiplayer. I feel like my wife and I would fight a lot less if we played this soothing game together.
WHY DID YOU SELL THAT STRAWBERRY? I WAS GOING TO MAKE SEEDS FROM IT!

Started playing this a couple of weeks ago on the recommendation of this thread, and "crack" is right to describe the replayability of this game.

Essentially, the addiction is due to the goal-oriented nature of the game. Restoring the community center gives the player a challenging, yet doable goal of collecting items, and then when you find out about the four candles and the statue of perfection, you really start moving your ass to get the twelve points before the two year mark.

Have dumped like seventy hours over the past couple of weeks into this game, and just about to end year two. Unless I get a pomegranate from the traveling cart, I'm not going to restore the community center and will likely miss the four candles on Grandpa's Evaluation, but I understand you can be reevaluated later on if you have a spare diamond.

Bumping this for the insane new update (1.5) that’s now out in PC...

https://www.stardewvalley.net/stardew-valley-1-5-update-full-changelog/

New world area
1.5 adds an entire new region of the world, Ginger Island (part of the Fern Islands):

• Added new locations, dialogue, events, minigames, puzzles, and a quest line involving multiple NPCs.
  • Added Leo, a new NPC with his own backstory, plot line, events, etc.
  • Added new secondary NPCs: Birdie, Gourmand Frog, and Professor Snail.
  • Added a volcano dungeon which changes each time you visit it similar to the mines.
  • Added Qi challenges which unlock rare or unique items.
  • Added an unlockable island farm and farmhouse area, where you can plant crops in any season but can’t construct buildings.
  • Added an unlockable resort you can open to let villagers visit the islands, including new beach attire and schedules.
  • Added hidden pages of a lost sailor’s journal to uncover his story and learn about the islands.
  • Added Golden Walnuts hidden throughout the islands, which can be used to unlock new areas and content.
  • Added Golden Coconuts, which Clint can crack open to find rare island items.
  • Added gem birds which spawn in a random island area when it rains, and drop gems when approached.
  • Added secrets and puzzles to discover around the island.
  • Added new enemies:
    • Dwarvish Sentry;
    • False Magma Cap;
    • Hot Head;
    • Lava Lurk;
    • Magma Sprite;
    • Magma Sparker;
    • Magma Duggy;
    • Spiker;
    • Stick Bug;
    • Tiger Slime.
  • Added new cosmetic critters: crabs, caldera monkeys, overhead parrots, marsupial, and tropical butterflies.
  • Added new Island Obelisk building.
New farm features
  • Added a new beach farm layout.
  • Added ostrich as a farm animal.
  • The immovable dressers found in Farmhands’ cabins have been removed.
  • Added home renovations, which let you further expand and adjust the farmhouse after it’s fully upgraded.
  • Beds are now normal furniture you can pick up, move around, and replace.
    • You can even have a house with no bed, but your spouse might have something to say about that.
  • Once unlocked, the greenhouse can now be moved at Robin’s shop.
  • The default shipping bin can now be moved or demolished at Robin’s shop.
  • Added Advanced Game Options, which can be used to customize a new game:
    • Set seed value used in randomization;
    • Choose default vs randomized community center bundles;
    • Choose default vs randomized mine chests;
    • Can make Red Cabbage Seeds guaranteed to sell at least once at the travelling cart in year one, so it’s always possible to finish the community center in the first year.
    • Can access the profit margins and cabin related options that were previously inaccessible when creating a single player farm.
    • Can toggle monsters spawning
  • You can now apply cosmetic paints to the farmhouse and buildings.
  • Ducks can now swim in water, and certain coop animals will now follow adults around.
  • Slimes now drink from slime hutch troughs in random order.
Other new content and features
  • Added Dwarvish forge and weapon enchanting.
  • Added the ability to combine two rings into one.
  • Added Special Orders, more dynamic late-game quests which let you help villagers with their personal projects through a special orders board in town. These can include more varied goals and rewards, temporary world changes, permanent changes (e.g. new shop inventory), and post-completion events.
  • Added a second Community Upgrade to Robin’s shop.
  • Added a more difficult version of the mines and skull caves. These can be accessed late game, and can optionally be toggled permanently using the Shrine of Challenge:
    • The following new monsters appear in the more difficult mines:
      • Shadow Sniper;
      • Skeleton Mage;
      • Spider (jumps, often found near webs that can trap players and dust sprites);
      • Putrid Ghost (causes nauseated debuff);
      • Blue Squid;
      • Royal Serpent;
      • Slime Stack.
  • Added new fishing TV channel (not available until certain conditions are met).
  • Added new crops and trees:
    • Mahogany Tree (drops hardwood);
    • Fiber Seeds;
    • Ginger (forage);
    • Banana;
    • Mango;
    • Pineapple;
    • Taro Root (paddy crop);
    • New palm tree variant;
    • Qi Fruit (available during Qi special quest).
  • Festival changes:
    • Added year 2 dialogues for Egg Festival.
    • Added shops to the Dance of the Moonlight Jellies, Feast of the Winter Star, Festival of Ice, and Luau.
    • Added new items to various festival shops.
  • You can now change your name and gender in the Wizard’s basement shrine.
  • You now have a perfection rating which tracks the percentage of game content you’ve completed. Reaching full completion lets you buy Golden Chickens, adds a random Golden Witch event, unlocks access to The Summit with a new event, adds new bird critters, and unlocks various items.
  • You can now further customize sprinklers with attachments:
    • Enricher automatically applies loaded fertilizer while planting seeds nearby;
    • Pressure Nozzle increases watering range.
  • Added new craftable items and machines:
    • Bone Mill turns bone items into fertilizer;
    • Coffee Maker brews a fresh cup every morning;
    • Cookout Kit lets you cook on the go;
    • Dark Sign displays an item without consuming it;
    • Deconstructor destroys crafted items, but salvages their most valuable material;
    • Farm Computer scans the farm and displays useful information;
    • Geode Crusher consumes coal to break open geodes.
    • Heavy Tapper works twice as fast as a normal tapper;
    • Hopper auto-loads items placed inside into the machine in front of it;
    • Junimo Chests are linked to a global shared stash;
    • Mini-Obelisks let you warp between two obelisks when placed on the farm;
    • Mini-Shipping Bin is a smaller shipping bin that can be placed outside the farm;
    • Ostrich Incubator when placed in a barn, hatches ostrich eggs into baby ostriches;
    • Solar Panel slowly generates batteries when left in the sun;
    • Statue of True Perfection produces a prismatic shard each day;
    • Stone Chest is a variant of chest crafted with stone instead of wood;
    • Telephone calls stores to check hours and inventory, and occasionally receive random phone calls (no effect on gameplay);
    • Warp Totem: Island warps to the Fern Islands.
  • Added new food items:
    • Bug Steak;
    • Banana Pudding;
    • Ginger;
    • Ginger Ale;
    • Ginger Beer;
    • Mango Sticky Rice;
    • Piña Colada;
    • Poi;
    • Taro Root;
    • Tropical Curry;
    • Squid Ink Ravioli (temporarily prevents debuffs).
  • Add new fertilizers:
    • Deluxe Fertilizer increases chance of higher-quality crops;
    • Deluxe Retaining Soil always keeps soil watered overnight;
    • Hyper Speed-Gro increases growth rate by at least 33%.
  • Added new items:
    • Bone Fragment;
    • Fossilized Skull, Spine, Tail, Legs, and Ribs and Snake Skull, Snake Vertebrae;
    • Cinder Shard;
    • Dragon Tooth;
    • Tiger Slime Egg;
    • Fairy Dust can used on a machine to have it finish processing;
    • Golden Walnut;
    • Magma Cap;
    • Monster Musk causes more monsters to spawn;
    • Mummified Bat and Mummified Frog;
    • Ostrich Egg;
    • Qi Gem;
    • Qi Seasoning increases quality of cooked recipes;
    • Radioactive Ore and Radioactive Bar;
    • Taro Tuber;
    • Horse Flute summons your horse when outside;
    • Mushroom Tree Seed.
    • Auto-Petter… a late-game Joja route item, but also obtainable very rarely by other means
  • Added new fishing tackle:
    • Curiosity Lure increases the chance to catch rare fish;
    • Quality Bobber increases fish quality;
    • Magic Bait catches fish from any season/time/weather for a given location.
  • Added new quest items:
    • Advanced TV Remote;
    • Arctic Shard;
    • Ectoplasm;
    • Gourmet Tomato Salt;
    • Pierre’s Missing Stocklist;
    • Pirate’s Locket;
    • Prismatic Jelly;
    • Stardew Valley Rose;
    • War Memento;
    • Wriggling Worm.
  • Added new rings:
    • Glowstone Ring provides both light and increased item collection radius;
    • Hot Java Ring increases your chance to find coffee drinks when slaying monsters;
    • Immunity Band reduces chance of status debuffs by 40%;
    • Phoenix Ring restores some health after being knocked out once per day.
    • Protection Ring keeps you invincible longer after taking damage;
    • Soul Sapper Ring restores a bit of energy after slaying a monster;
    • Thorns Ring damages enemies when they attack you.
  • Added new hats:
    • ???;
    • Dark Cowboy Hat;
    • Deluxe Pirate Hat;
    • Forager’s Hat;
    • Goggles;
    • Golden Helmet;
    • Mr. Qi’s Hat;
    • Pink Bow;
    • Qi Mask (secret);
    • Radioactive Goggles;
    • Star Helmet;
    • Sunglasses;
    • Swashbuckler Hat;
    • Tiger Hat;
    • Warrior Helmet.
  • Added new clothing:
    • Banana Shirt;
    • Ginger Overalls;
    • Hot Pink Shirt;
    • Magenta Shirt;
    • Tropical Sunrise Shirt;
    • Yellow Suit.
  • Added new shoes:
    • Cinderclown Shoes;
    • Mermaid Boots;
    • Dragonscale Boots;
    • Crystal Shoes;
  • Added new weapons:
    • Dwarf Sword, Dwarf Hammer, and Dwarf Dagger;
    • Dragontooth Cutlass, Dragontooth Club, and Dragontooth Shiv;
    • Infinity Blade, Infinity Dagger, and Infinity Gavel;
    • Iridium Needle;
    • Ossified Blade;
    • some previously inaccessible items have also been made accessible.
  • Added new fish:
    • Stingray;
    • Lionfish;
    • Blue Discus;
    • Legendary fish:
      • Glacierfish Jr.;
      • Legend II;
      • Ms. Angler;
      • Radioactive Carp;
      • Son of Crimsonfish.
  • Added new furniture:
    • 35 paintings (many only found in festival shops or while fishing certain locations);
    • 14 bed variants;
    • ten rugs:
      • Blossom Rug;
      • Funky Rug;
      • Icy Rug;
      • Large Cottage Rug;
      • Large Green Rug;
      • Large Red Rug;
      • Light Green Rug;
      • Modern Rug;
      • Oceanic Rug;
      • Old World Rug;
    • eight ‘floor divider’ rugs that can be placed between rooms to join visually different floor types;
    • five fish tanks you can put fish in;
    • Decorative Trash Can;
    • Gourmand Statue;
    • Iridium Krobus;
    • Large Brown Couch;
    • Plain Torch and Stump Torch;
    • Squirrel Figurine;
    • Tropical Chair.
  • Added a new ‘sconce’ furniture type with seven options.
  • Added new flooring:
    • Rustic Plank Floor;
    • Stone Walkway Floor.
  • Added new debuffs from enemies:
    • Darkness (dims lighting, making it harder to see in caves);
    • Nauseated (prevents you from eating anything);
    • Weakness (-20 Attack).
  • Added 15 new hair styles.
  • Added mail from Krobus with his own stationary.
  • Added new decorations and tweaks to many maps.
  • Added new easter egg on the title screen.
  • Added easter egg when you change your name at the The Shrine of Illusions to include item spawn codes.
  • Emily now visits Sandy on her birthday.

I’ll definitely be playing through this game from the beginning again (for the 5th time) when the update hits Xbox.

I’ll definitely be playing through this game from the beginning again (for the 5th time) when the update hits Xbox.

I actually had to force myself to stop playing this. The addiction was becoming unhealthy. Once it sinks it's hooks into you, it's so damn hard to put down.

Update huh?

OGC.fba0226fbd5bce6678a41a4e53ad14e2

Played the shit out of it on iOS, then bought it again for Android when my iPad conked out.

I have a save file that has just completed its first year, and the community centre is done. Haven't touched it for a while though.

Wasn't happy with my first playthrough when Maru married my white self. I thought I had knocked her up, but that baby was blacker than Samuel L Jackson. It hurt my soul, being cheated on like that, so I deleted my save and started anew.

Well damn. Haven't played it for probably a year or more, but that update is massive. Might have to load it up.

Never understood the fascination with this game but I guess I need to try it out.

I bought it for the switch, I just can't seem to figure it out. I literally don't know what I'm supposed to be doing lmao

I bought it for the switch, I just can't seem to figure it out. I literally don't know what I'm supposed to be doing lmao
You can basically just do whatever you feel like, play leisurely or grind the hell out of it. Farm/mine/fish/harvest to increase your skill levels, talk to all the villagers and give them gifts to increase their hearts, fill out the museum with artifacts and gems, complete the community center etc.. You can even play the arcade machines in the bar.

Played the shit out of it on iOS, then bought it again for Android when my iPad conked out.

I have a save file that has just completed its first year, and the community centre is done. Haven't touched it for a while though.

Wasn't happy with my first playthrough when Maru married my white self. I thought I had knocked her up, but that baby was blacker than Samuel L Jackson. It hurt my soul, being cheated on like that, so I deleted my save and started anew.
I had something similar with Abigail. She was cool and all but after I married her she kept going out every couple days to "stretch her legs". She stays out all day and goes to the bar every time she goes out as well, she's probably stretching her legs for Sebastian. Her mom cheated on Pierre with the Wizard so I guess it runs in the family.

I had something similar with Abigail. She was cool and all but after I married her she kept going out every couple days to "stretch her legs". She stays out all day and goes to the bar every time she goes out as well, she's probably stretching her legs for Sebastian. Her mom cheated on Pierre with the Wizard so I guess it runs in the family.

So many sluts in Stardew Valley...

It's 9.99 on steam right now, if anyone's interesting. Worth a great deal more.

But if you don't wanna pay, My Life at Portia seems somewhat similar, despite being 3d, and was free on Epic.

This game works great on mobile, although it hasn't been updated yet.

Played it for a while on xbox. Need to dive back in and check out the updates. And I guess check on my wife and son. See if that crop i planted a year ago is ready to be harvested

I'm two and a half years into my latest farm, Riverside.

It took me a year and a half to finish the community center, due to not getting Red Cabbage from the travelling salesman.

I have a mix and match of pretty much everything, and I have sheds for ancient wine production.

Ginger Island is pretty much done, aside from the volcano bridge. Farm there is for pineapples and strawberries.

I have a lot of restarts in this game, as I am never fully happy with what I've done. For example, I really like having fresh fish to catch on my farm, but the islands mean that my farm layout looks terrible.

I have sheds for Crystalariums and cheese production, though they both have more space for equipment. I'd also like to get more pigs and goats for goat cheese and truffles. That, and getting the ginger island obliesk, is my next step.

Back