Stardew Valley

Higus

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Anyone play this? I picked it up over the weekend and ended up pumping 20 hours into over the last 4 days.
It's basically Harvest Moon with a few other twists. You inherit a run down farm in a remote village. You clear the land, grow crops, fish, forage, craft, mine, raise animals, romance villagers, etc. It has 16-bit art style, with lots of vibrant colors and music. The farm work is repetitive, but almost in a meditative way so it feels peaceful and rewarding instead of grind-y.
If you get a chance to pick it up on Steam or XBL/PSN, I would totally recommend it.

I remember Dan Ryckert from Giantbomb jizzing his pantaloons over this game 2 years ago for the game of the year deliberations in 2016.

Seems like a neat game. I wanna pick it up but it never goes on sale.

Great game. I stopped playing because I'm waiting for the multiplayer update.

Great game. I stopped playing because I'm waiting for the multiplayer update.
Hows that supposed to work? The only way I see that is to either have 2 people split chores on the same farm or have a multi-player mine crawl.

Hows that supposed to work? The only way I see that is to either have 2 people split chores on the same farm or have a multi-player mine crawl.

It's one farm. One player owns the farm, and three other players are workers on the farm. They all have their own little cabin.

I was interested in this a year or so ago. Put it on the wishlist and waited for a sale.

Then redlettermedia did a review and talked about how a game about work and chores could be so addictive. That... that didn't sound good to me.

I haven't played in a bit, but played for about two weeks straight, completed the mine and got to Fall of the first year then stopped due to burnout.

Nearly bought in on about ten separate occasions. It just never seems to make the cut.

Pound each other behind the barn.

<Goldie11>

I love it. Didn't expect much but suddenly I was like 80 hours into it. Had to uninstall just because I had a bunch of backlog shit to do but will go back to it one day

Put in about 80 hours and just completed my first year. Starting spring 2 with a bunch of quality sprinklers and a couple of fruit trees. Upgraded the coop and now I have a duck. Growing a little bit of everything, but mostly cauliflour since it's the best cash crop. Found 1 coffee bean in the mine, so I'm going to use the seed maker to start a small crop of that too.
The plan for the season is to let the sprinklers do all the watering so I don't have spend so much time on that anymore. I'd like to have barns with some animals by the end of the season. Need a few more items for the Pantry in the community center and a few more fish for the aquarium that should be in season over the summer.

I might pick it up for Switch at some point after I finish Zelda.

Put in about 80 hours and just completed my first year. Starting spring 2 with a bunch of quality sprinklers and a couple of fruit trees. Upgraded the coop and now I have a duck. Growing a little bit of everything, but mostly cauliflour since it's the best cash crop. Found 1 coffee bean in the mine, so I'm going to use the seed maker to start a small crop of that too.
The plan for the season is to let the sprinklers do all the watering so I don't have spend so much time on that anymore. I'd like to have barns with some animals by the end of the season. Need a few more items for the Pantry in the community center and a few more fish for the aquarium that should be in season over the summer.

This. Not only does manual watering take up a lot of time, it's exhausting for you character. Get some improved sprinklers that douse the adjacent 8 blocks, get some crops that produce over and over in a season, get some improved fertilizer, and you've got tons of money. Another moneymaker is going to the ocean, fishing a ton, getting crab pots, and letting those give you steady money.

This. Not only does manual watering take up a lot of time, it's exhausting for you character. Get some improved sprinklers that douse the adjacent 8 blocks, get some crops that produce over and over in a season, get some improved fertilizer, and you've got tons of money. Another moneymaker is going to the ocean, fishing a ton, getting crab pots, and letting those give you steady money.
Crap, I forgot to fertilize some of my plants. I'll wait to when strawberries are on sale and I've got a few more coffee beans on hand. Thanks for the reminder.

My wife and I have dumped a ton of hours into this game, it's absolutely amazing what one guy did in his bedroom in his spare time.

We're waiting for multiplayer to come out before picking it back up. Until then, Terraria will have to do.

Crap, I forgot to fertilize some of my plants. I'll wait to when strawberries are on sale and I've got a few more coffee beans on hand. Thanks for the reminder.

I'm in summer of year one, and I've got blueberries, peppers and some other type of berry. You get like 4-5 harvests a month, and with good fertilizer, you're looking at like 10 gold berries and peppers each time. Fishing with upgraded rods, dressed spinners and bait is where it's at. You can get like 10 grand worth of fish a day.

My wife and I have dumped a ton of hours into this game, it's absolutely amazing what one guy did in his bedroom in his spare time.

We're waiting for multiplayer to come out before picking it back up. Until then, Terraria will have to do.
Yes, it was definitely a labor of love by Ape. The guy was waiting tables during the day and programming for 10 hours in the evenings. It's a beautiful work of art.

Back