Star Wars: Would you be interested in seeing Jabba's son and...

??

• Total voters
Yeah, but only if she's fully clothed and with a paper bag over her head.

Yeah there are some people who keep quiet and get paid and end up kind of helping the abuser, but that’s not everybody.

Sciorra for example didn’t profit off it, it ruined her career and broke her mentally / made her a shut-in, and that’s why she hasn’t really been in movies for 20 years.

I get the impulse to blame the victims when they don’t come forward to police right away, but the psychological dynamics of sexual abuse can often be a lot more complicated than that, a fact investigators are well aware of.

Ultimately I think we should focus more on the scumbags who perpetuate this evil rather than focusing on how perfectly or imperfectly victims behave after they are abused.
So what did he do to Sciorra

Fair enough.. at least you aren't trashing the poor girl.
I don't hate Rose at all and find the Jar Jar comparisons a bit too far. I just think she didn't add much to the movie and was a bad pairing with Finn. I mean, Finn himself is kinda an outlet for comedic relief, I'd rather pair him with someone more no-nonsense (which Rose at first sorta appeared as when she was tasering him), so that the scenes with them were less "two goofballs with Finn trying to play the badass".

Yeah, but only if she's fully clothed and with a paper bag over her head.

Why did you get yellow ?

I don't hate Rose at all and find the Jar Jar comparisons a bit too far. I just think she didn't add much to the movie and was a bad pairing with Finn. I mean, Finn himself is kinda an outlet for comedic relief, I'd rather pair him with someone more no-nonsense (which Rose at first sorta appeared as when she was tasering him), so that the scenes with them were less "two goofballs with Finn trying to play the badass".

I liked the dynamic with Finn I just didn't like the end part with her saving him and giving him a kiss that was forced imo.

@One MMA Fan

I used a word that was deemed too offensive for this forum. I didn't even realize it was that bad, especially with the things that are said around here on a daily basis, but apparently it crossed a line.

giphy.gif

@One MMA Fan

I used a word that was deemed too offensive for this forum. I didn't even realize it was that bad, especially with the things that are said around here on a daily basis, but apparently it crossed a line.

giphy.gif
I'm guessing it was a racial word. What did I win?

I'm not blaming the victims all I'm saying sorry but coming out 20 years later on a dog pile of a situation doesn't hold water as much as it should have had if it was done in the month of the abuse or the year of the abuse something anything more recent.. ideal go to the police have medical reports on it and get the bad guy but yea life is hard and things are easier said then done when you are on the other end.

100% he crossed the line and did bad shit a bunch of times and trapped those poor girls, some were victims 100% other knew what is happening.

Again I get this impulse / reaction, I really do, but I do also think it’s more complicated than that, and I find it hard to judge victims who hesitate, even for many years, to come forward. Getting raped must play insane mind games on a person, it’s kind of hard to imagine.

The thing I don't get is when a woman comes out 20 years later to claim some sexual foul play and then the police investigate it. Like how the hell are they gonna investigate something that happened 20 years ago and prove if the alleged is guilty or not? Outside of interviewing some people, all the guy has to do is deny it. So then what is the purpose of an investigation 1-2 decades later? Besides a confession (or the guy talking himself into a trap) how can anything be proven?

The thing I don't get is when a woman comes out 20 years later to claim some sexual foul play and then the police investigate it. Like how the hell are they gonna investigate something that happened 20 years ago and prove if the alleged is guilty or not? Outside of interviewing some people, all the guy has to do is deny it. So then what is the purpose of an investigation 1-2 decades later? Outside of a confession (or the guy talking himself into a trap) how can anything be proven?

It makes it incredibly difficult to prove, that’s why Weinstein isn’t up on charges for Sciorra, for example.

The thing that got the ball rolling with Weinstein was the waitress in NY who agreed to be mic’d up by police, and got tape on Weinstein being a psycho creep. Even still it can be difficult to prosecute these kinds of cases.

Welp, that's grimy as fuck. Wouldn't have a problem with guys like that getting killed

Yeah, it’s hard not to have that reaction when it comes to straight-up evil like that.

I don't want to derail the thread but.. yea Harvey probably is a major douche bag either way.. even without the accusations.

But I got a controversial opinion on it.. if something is done to you you go out that day / night / week / month etc.. and cry to the police you don't wait 10-15-20 years to jump on it.

Harvey should have doubled down on some of those accusations, come out and show proof the relations continued, emails, payments etc.. I saw some stuff that he was paying for the apartment, nanny, schooling etc for one of his victims that were all in rage mode with Rose at the top.

I'm not saying he isn't guilty of doing shit.. he most likely is but many of those women also knew wtf is happening and why, they profited of it in some way too. Overall the world of Hollywood is full of people like that on both sides, kinda hard to go over board on poor me after 20 years when he payed for your house and kids schooling and got your roles.

Agreed.

They could Blood Eagle Wankstain on P4V and I wouldn't give a fuck. But the trial itself is going to be very uncomfortable for a lot of his accusers. I imagine some of the cross examinations by Harvey's defence team will go something like this...

Lawyer, "So you claim Mr Weinstein raped you and threatened to end your career should you report it?"

Actress, "Yes. It was the most brutal, degrading, humiliating and terrifying experience of my life!"

Lawyer, "I see. And was that before or after you starred in six films that Mr Weinstein produced? Films that earned you tens of millions of dollars and made you one of the most famous women on the planet?"

Actress, "Um...before".

Lawyer, "Thank you. No further questions your honour".

Agreed.

They could Blood Eagle Wankstain on P4V and I wouldn't give a fuck. But the trial itself is going to be very uncomfortable for a lot of his accusers. I imagine some of the cross examinations by Harvey's defence team will go something like this...

Lawyer, "So you claim Mr Weinstein raped you and threatened to end your career should you report it?"

Actress, "Yes. It was the most brutal, degrading, humiliating and terrifying experience of my life!"

Lawyer, "I see. And was that before or after you starred in six films that Mr Weinstein produced? Films that earned you tens of millions of dollars and made you one of the most famous women on the planet?"

Actress, "Um...before".

Lawyer, "Thank you. No further questions your honour".

I know it's a hard topic to even approach.. as of now to many names and situation popped up, when 50-100 people are telling the world he is a creep clearly there is something there.

Take him to trial and have at him.. ideal he gets plenty of jail time but be sure his lawyers would discredit a bunch of those names showing proof they have profited from the relations they had with him.

Many of them most likely entertained the idea and went along with it even in disgust but they got that role, that apartment, that car, etc whatever advantage they could get.

I also find it weird that this dude felt his shit don't stink and there is nothing that he can't get away with and just force himself on people.. why would this goof with all his money and influence need to psychically force himself on some of this victims it's a power and control thing or what I don't know, total creep either way.

Do some of this victims are playing it up.. yes most likely, did some of them knew exactly what game they are playing... yes most likely, is it hard to fully believe each story completely after so many years and in the middle of this public scandal with everyone jumping on it. Then again way to many names and accusations where there is smoke there is sure as shit some sort of fire too.

I wonder how many Harvey's are still out there in the world of Hollywood and how come this accusation don't come out faster so they at least put a * in front of that name and a clear heads up to any young woman interacting with this type of people.

I know it's a hard topic to even approach.. as of now to many names and situation popped up, when 50-100 people are telling the world he is a creep clearly there is something there.

Take him to trial and have at him.. ideal he gets plenty of jail time but be sure his lawyers would discredit a bunch of those names showing proof they have profited from the relations they had with him.

Many of them most likely entertained the idea and went along with it even in disgust but they got that role, that apartment, that car, etc whatever advantage they could get.

I also find it weird that this dude felt his shit don't stink and there is nothing that he can't get away with and just force himself on people.. why would this goof with all his money and influence need to psychically force himself on some of this victims it's a power and control thing or what I don't know, total creep either way.

Do some of this victims are playing it up.. yes most likely, did some of them knew exactly what game they are playing... yes most likely, is it hard to fully believe each story completely after so many years and in the middle of this public scandal with everyone jumping on it. Then again way to many names and accusations where there is smoke there is sure as shit some sort of fire too.

I wonder how many Harvey's are still out there in the world of Hollywood and how come this accusation don't come out faster so they at least put a * in front of that name and a clear heads up to any young woman interacting with this type of people.

Yeah, in case anyone got the wrong idea: I'm not for one moment defending the fat sack of shit. They can behead him and hang his corpse from the Hollywood Sign for all I care. No doubt he's a straight up rapist. And the fact that some of the women he abused profited from knowing him doesn't make it right.

It was never just about sex. Wankstain is worth hundreds of mllions, and LA has some of the most elite hookers in the world. Women as discrete as they are beautiful. But that wasn't enough for him. He wanted the thrill of forcing himself on women. It was the perverted power trip that got him off. I nearly threw something heavy at my TV when it was reported that Wankstein had finished his, "treatment for sex addiction".:mad:

But that doesn't change the fact that Wankstain can afford the best lawyers in the business. They will attack these women with a ferocity that makes a Game Pit look restrained. A lot of these women are going to be made to look like hypocrites at best, whores at worst. Unfair, of course, but that's the game.

Yeah, in case anyone got the wrong idea: I'm not for one moment defending the fat sack of shit. They can behead him and hang his corpse from the Hollywood Sign for all I care. No doubt he's a straight up rapist. And the fact that some of the women he abused profited from knowing him doesn't make it right.

It was never just about sex. Wankstain is worth hundreds of mllions, and LA has some of the most elite hookers in the world. Women as discrete as they are beautiful. But that wasn't enough for him. He wanted the thrill of forcing himself on women. It was the perverted power trip that got him off. I nearly threw something heavy at my TV when it was reported that Wankstein had finished his, "treatment for sex addiction".:mad:

But that doesn't change the fact that Wankstain can afford the best lawyers in the business. They will attack these women with a ferocity that makes a Game Pit look restrained. A lot of these women are going to be made to look like hypocrites at best, whores at worst. Unfair, of course, but that's the game.

Yep hopefully something is damning and will stick. Scare some of this producers and big shots that they aren't full proof, that consequences are real.

Back