STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
2 things id like to announce.

As a major star wars fan, ive spoken about skipping the next entry entirely because of last jedi. I cant remember who, but i was doubted in my avoidance. Fast forward to today and ive already shown i can do it in skipping Solo AND skipping The Predator, another franchise i love. Solo i did watch via stream, however, as i felt like its a stronger point.

The second...it wasnt until the last jedi that i learned the term "canon" and now i cant remember..what is EU? :)
I don't appreciate your exaggerated backlash by missing a cool movie like Solo because you didn't approve of another story in the same franchise that is only 2/3rds told. However, I am such a fan of Canon... that I wanted to go ahead against my better judgement & tell you the exiting world they have created that resistance folk like yourself seem to ignore.

EU is "extended universe" & it was a lot of stories that Lucas allowed people to write & use his characters... but he could feel free to go against any story line they made. So basically you get a situation where you get invested in a character or story line & they can come along & nix the whole thing. Jade Skywalker RIP.

The exciting thing about Canon is that now any novel, comic, video game, etc.... that is labelled canon is guaranteed to be a part of this universe. No longer will we read the comics & wonder if a movie will negate the whole damn thing. No longer will the cool characters & situations we read in the novelz get negated. They are all 100% approved Canon just like the movies are.

How exciting is that?!!!!?!!! It really is a wonderful thing. It's light yearz ahead of the EU just in the fact that my favorite character Jade Skywalker no longer exists. If however she appeared in a Canon Comic book... I can rest assured they can never erase her. Do you see the difference? Marvel is like 3 or 4 different universes. All with different story lines that contradict each other. Star Wars made a continuity throughout all their media that's labelled as Canon. It's great stuff.

Last edited:
It’s interesting to me that pretty much everyone on here has suggested different stories that are all more interesting and lore expanding than we actually got. How is that possible?

Also, I think there is a very simple, in canon way to bring Luke back. In Rebels there is a character named Bendu who has vast Force abilities. One of which is that he can disappear at will. Just give Luke that ability.
Love the Bendu character... named after a religion that predates the Jedi & Sith religions. I'm pretty sure Bendu is a force ghost. I mean he disappeared & did lightning attacks similar to Yoda'z tree lightning... & then played dead like they got him but then let them know he was still alive.

So I hear what you're saying... that they could make Luke disapearing... into him not dying.... but TLJ comic series waz very clear that he waz moving into a new world. Pretty much verified that he's a force ghost.

Last edited:
Love the Bendu character... named after a religion that predates the Jedi & Sith religions. I'm pretty sure Bendu is a force ghost. I mean he disappeared & did lightning attacks similar to Yoda'z tree lightning... & then played dead like they got him but then let them know he was still alive. So I hear what you're saying... that they could make a disappear into him not dying, but TLJ comic series waz very clear that he waz moving into a new world. Pretty much verified that he's a force ghost.
You mean Bendu is a ghost?

It’s interesting to me that pretty much everyone on here has suggested different stories that are all more interesting and lore expanding than we actually got. How is that possible?
Anything's possible to people whom aren't very smart.

Also, I think there is a very simple, in canon way to bring Luke back. In Rebels there is a character named Bendu who has vast Force abilities. One of which is that he can disappear at will. Just give Luke that ability.
Let's bring everyone back this way.

Love the Bendu character... named after a religion that predates the Jedi & Sith religions. I'm pretty sure Bendu is a force ghost. I mean he disappeared & did lightning attacks similar to Yoda'z tree lightning... & then played dead like they got him but then let them know he was still alive. So I hear what you're saying... that they could make a disappear into him not dying, but TLJ comic series waz very clear that he waz moving into a new world. Pretty much verified that he's a force ghost.
You mean Bendu is a ghost?
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I waz talking about Luke in my final statement. I edited my post to be more clear.

In my last statement, I waz referring to TLJ comic series... which is canon... all but confirmed that Luke is now a force ghost during his disappearing scene. The commentary in the comic was not in the movie... but the comic is canon, so it's reality.

tlj-comic-luke-is-a-force-ghost-jpg.441367

I don't have the full picture because I was trying to bring all 3 framez in... but the final one is Luke disapearing as his cape flyz off him... just like it happened in the movie.

So in other wordz... He sayz straight up that "it ends"... but then he sayz. "Before stepping into a larger world."

So my man is a force ghost yeah.

Leia & Rey even have a convo about him being gone... so he'z pretty securely gone. No bringing back phycial Luke. Force ghost or no go.

Attachments

• TLJ comic.  Luke is a force ghost.JPG
    TLJ comic. Luke is a force ghost.JPG
    140.6 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Sorry, I wasn't clear, I waz talking about Luke in my final statement. I edited my post to be more clear.

In my last statement, I waz referring to TLJ comic series... which is canon... all but confirmed that Luke is now a force ghost during his disappearing scene. The commentary in the comic was not in the movie... but the comic is canon, so it's reality.

I don't have the full picture because I was trying to bring all 3 framez in... but the final one is Luke disapearing as his cape flyz off him... just like it happened in the movie.

So in other wordz... He sayz straight up that "it ends"... but then he sayz. "Before stepping into a larger world."

Leia & Rey even have a convo about him being gone... so he'z pretty securely gone. No bringing back phycial Luke. Force ghost or no go.
Unless the end is a rebirth of sorts. Maybe his old self (Jedi) has ended as he has stepped into a larger world of the light and dark existing together.

I didn’t think anything could be worse than TLJ.....but Solo said hold my beer. I heard the femputer droid was bad but I didn’t know it was in your face bad, now the falcon is a feminist? They managed to destroy the way I see a ship....I didn’t know that was possible

"Your episode 8 story sucks"
RJ
rian-johnson-tall-C.jpg

Seriously though, either that Marvel-style story, or yours sounds far better. I like the idea of Luke and Snoke being brought back for ep 9 to duel. I want to see some epic Jedi/Sith force powers with modern tech. I have little faith in JJ though.

Snoke vs. Luke could look like Ebony Maw or Thanos vs. Doctor Strange. In both scenes Strange put up a fight against the bad guy, but ultimately lost.

Anyone else think Star Wars would be better served as an HBO series that Bob Iger says is still in development?

This show can be like Rebels, but more mature and darkr, more epic, more violent (PG-15 level), and lots of world building. I hope it is set about 15or 20 years after Return of the Jedi

If the show gets anywhere near Game of Thrones or Westworld levels of popularity, we can even hopefully see the characters of the show do crossover with the movies.

One of my gripes about the MCU is how the Netflix Marvel heroes are never recognized by the movies...it makes me think it has affected the show quality as well. Daredevil Season 1 and the Punisher parts of season 2 are amazing. The Netflix Marvel shows haven't been able to get back to the quality of DD Season 1 and SS Season 2 (Episodes 1-4 and 8-9).

Anyone else think Star Wars would be better served as an HBO series that Bob Iger says is still in development?

This show can be like Rebels, but more mature and darkr, more epic, more violent (PG-15 level), and lots of world building. I hope it is set about 15or 20 years after Return of the Jedi

If the show gets anywhere near Game of Thrones or Westworld levels of popularity, we can even hopefully see the characters of the show do crossover with the movies.

One of my gripes about the MCU is how the Netflix Marvel heroes are never recognized by the movies...it makes me think it has affected the show quality as well. Daredevil Season 1 and the Punisher parts of season 2 are amazing. The Netflix Marvel shows haven't been able to get back to the quality of DD Season 1 and SS Season 2 (Episodes 1-4 and 8-9).

Honestly, I sorta thought thats what Favreau might be up to with his series. I cant ever see Star Wars going to the level of the Marvel netlfix series, though.

I dunno how accurate itn is, but my understanding was the netflix series creative team just took a big nose dive once the TV/Movie studios split. Supposedly that had people like Brian Michael Bendis and other Marvel writers overseeing stories and characters, then they just let them go and said "Naw, we got this" and then made the last half of Luke Cage season 1 and the first season of Iron Fist.

I didn’t think anything could be worse than TLJ.....but Solo said hold my beer. I heard the femputer droid was bad but I didn’t know it was in your face bad, now the falcon is a feminist? They managed to destroy the way I see a ship....I didn’t know that was possible
I hated the TLJ, and skipped Solo in the theaters for my own lil protest of Kennedy and CO. I wish I saw it in the theater, as I enjoyed it, but I regret nothing. I gave Solo at 7/7.5, good but nothing special.

The fembot they had was annoying for sure, but it seemed like they were mocking feminists with her more than anything. It's not like the Falcon was preaching about the patriarchy after she was incorporated either.

I would rather this movie focused on a different character, or several characters, building towards an expanded Universe. I would have liked a trilogy of stories that ran prior and parallel to the OG trilogy, like a Rogue one expanded, or even a live action-like Star Wars Rebels. There are so many adventures they can cook up with Vader, Maul, Kenobi, Katarn, Thrawn, Lando, Boba etc..There are tons of great stories in the EU books and games.

It's probably for the best that Solo crashed and burned though, as Kennedy showed too much incompetence to do more. SHe needs to GTFO out movie making, or Star Wars at least, and take Rian with her. They couldn't even make a proper trilogy out of ep 7, 8 and 9.

I hated the TLJ, and skipped Solo in the theaters for my own lil protest of Kennedy and CO. I wish I saw it in the theater, as I enjoyed it, but I regret nothing. I gave Solo at 7/7.5, good but nothing special.

The fembot they had was annoying for sure, but it seemed like they were mocking feminists with her more than anything. It's not like the Falcon was preaching about the patriarchy after she was incorporated either.

I would rather this movie focused on a different character, or several characters, building towards an expanded Universe. I would have liked a trilogy of stories that ran prior and parallel to the OG trilogy, like a Rogue one expanded, or even a live action-like Star Wars Rebels. There are so many adventures they can cook up with Vader, Maul, Kenobi, Katarn, Thrawn, Lando, Boba etc..There are tons of great stories in the EU books and games.

It's probably for the best that Solo crashed and burned though, as Kennedy showed too much incompetence to do more. SHe needs to GTFO out movie making, or Star Wars at least, and take Rian with her. They couldn't even make a proper trilogy out of ep 7, 8 and 9.

Solo was neither great nor terrible

It was just like eating that same sandwich you had every lunch break - nothing special about it

I think that whole character and essentially the whole 2nd and 3rd act should of been scrapped and focused more on the couple years he spent with the Empire. For a second there I thought I was going to see Han jump into a tie and take out a couple x wings turning him from the bubbly character we get in the beginning to the criminal outlaw we know. My expectations were subverted for sure I was expecting a pilot....instead I got a grunt in a ww1 trench?

I think its pretty obvious Johnson intended for this to be his death. However, I dont think that means Abrams cant retcon it somehow. Johnsons certainly burned....well....pretty much 100% of Abrams' set ups. Not like Abrams cant do the same thing.

I think its pretty obvious Johnson intended for this to be his death. However, I dont think that means Abrams cant retcon it somehow. Johnsons certainly burned....well....pretty much 100% of Abrams' set ups. Not like Abrams cant do the same thing.

May as well heal up Luke the way Rian healed up Finn's spinal injury. Screw it, bring back Snoke too, why not. Just need to get rid of Rose Tico somehow.

May as well heal up Luke the way Rian healed up Finn's spinal injury. Screw it, bring back Snoke too, why not. Just need to get rid of Rose Tico somehow.
Rey finds the tomb of Marka Ragnos and sacrifices Rose to him, Ragnos resurrects Luke for the sacrifice.

I think I liked Solo the least out of this 4 new movies they put out.

Still it's SW and I enjoy the heck out of it.

Back