STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Honestly, it cant get much worse.

To make it work, he'd have to sort of retcon a few twists and plot points from TLJ in some subtle ways, and in some not so subtle, like a wink to the fans (bringing back Snoke AND Luke)

What I hope to see in the trailer:

Starts with Palpatine's voice narrating:

"Have you ever heard the tale of Darth Plageius the wise? He could cheat death to protect those he cared about, and even create life" --> then show Snoke coming back, along with Luke coming back because balance (stupid and lazy storytelling, but at this point I'll take what I can get to undo TLJ). Or maybe Luke learned the same techniques/skills that Plageius learned....whatever I'll take any stupid retcon.

Luke dialogue: "I'm on borrowed time, I shoiuldn't be alive" --> makes his "resurrection" feel less cheap, and hints that this time he will die for good...or not, who cares.

Then some more dialogue talking about how in the past few years, there has been a "First Order Civil War", with one side that supports Kylo and the Knights of Ren, and the other side supports Snoke, Hux, and the rest of the First Order.

The Resistance is in conflict deciding on if they want to help the "lesser of the two evils" or if they should just watch both factions of the FO cannibalize each other. Ultimately, they recognize Snoke as the bigger threat, and team up w/ Kylo and the Knights of Ren, along w/ the FO trooper who follow Kylo Ren.

I want Luke and Snoke to duke it out. I do NOT want another Kylo vs. Rey scene. I'd much rather see Rey fighting the Knights of Ren. Have her taking on 3 of them at once, and getting her ass kicked.

Hopefully the knights of Ren are very powerful. Just because Kylo is their leader does not mean he was always the most powerful of the group. I want to see varying power levels among the 6 or 7 knights of Ren...have 2 or 3 of them be Ebony Maw levels of awesomeness, while the rest are Jedi knight level - not Jedi Master level/

Stumbled across this fan made, A New Hope trailer in animé style, with dubbed voices. Looks pretty cool, would definitely watch this if they do a full movie version

Okay I found someone's comment on a The Last Jede vs. Infinity War How to subvert expectations video:

If Marvel made TJL

.Snokes identity is revealed to be an outcast of the old Jedi order who’s been watching the story unfold from afar. After the fall of the empire the people were left lawless without leadership. As one of the last two force users, Snoke felt obligated to come out of exile and restore order. His justified fear was Luke restoring the Jedi order of old and history repeating itself…Snoke feels great power in young Kylo and thru the force he shows the flaws of the Jedi, how they were easily corrupted by the senate , overtaken by the empire, exiled for love. Young Kylo, feels neglected by Luke and appreciated by Snoke and joins him. Luke has been on the island training in the ways of the force with the aid of old ghost jedi masters Yoda and Obi Wan. His force abilities are well beyond the powers expected of the jedi..But yet he feels he is outmatched by Snoke… He warmly embraces the lightsaber Rey gives him and tells her He’s Been waiting for her... He takes Rey as his apprentice for the final battle to come… Rey is fascinated by Luke, his incredible power but more from his wisdom. Kylo and Rey connect using the force and spend time together by their own powers in secret. They feel their strongest when they are together and share a mysterious magnet like connection. The two inevitably fall in love and the outcome of the pairing is a phenomenon the universe has never felt before. The combination of Dark and Light, Sith and Jedi, Hate and Love sends shockwaves through the galaxy. Snoke and Luke both feel chills from this great disturbance in the force….. To be Continued…

Sounds great to me. Personally I would not have Rey and Kylo fall in love, but otherwise I like it. I guess I could combine my ideas with it as well:

my ideas:

-Luke, along with Leia, helped raise and train Rey for about 4 years, and out of those years started training her in the Force for three years (so she started training at age 4).

-Luke faced Snoke and barely made it out alive. When battling Snoke, Snoke was able to tap into Luke's mind and discover the existence of Rey, and so Rey became in danger as well

-So to stop Snoke from getting to Rey, Luke hid her on Jakku, expecting that he would re-unite with her eventually when the timing was right. He does something to her memory of him and Leia so that she has plausible deniability of ever being associated with the Jedi. The shot of kid Rey crying is her watching Luke flying away on a spaceship (before Luke's memory tinkering takes effect).

-Luke was spending time away to find and learn new ways to counter Snoke's unique Force abilities that nearly killed him. However, he gets sidetracked when he discovers a bigger threat to the New Republic: a fascist group much larger than the First Order. So Luke and his Padawans have been battling this group for the past few years. They have managed to take down a large portion of this villainous organization.

-Then Luke senses the 5 planets of the Republic blowing up....and realizes he misjudged how much of a threat the First Order was (remember, the he opening crawl states that The First Order was able to grow in Luke's absence)

-This new group and The First Order join forces at the end of the film. Think of the new group as Japan in WWII and The First Order as Nazis. Meanwhile, remnants of the New Republic and Lando's crew join the Resistance. The Resistance still has thousands of people left, not freakin 14 people like in the end of ep 8.

A few years ago one would have thought it impossible for the franchise to ever become this poisonous, let alone so quickly. This is the kind of fuckup they'll be lecturing about in MBA schools.

Again I think part of the problem is that a lot of issues with Force Awakens went under the radar in a similar fashion to Phantom Menace getting a relatively easy ride for awhile but actually stronger this time coming off of the weaker prequels rather than the originals plus of course featuring the returning original characters.

Lucasfilm just looked at the numbers and thought they had the winning formula when actually want they had was a film riding on massive pent up demand. They had the example of Abrams Trek not having legs to it but proffered to ignore it.

Honestly I suspect part of it is that these students actually start to buy their own hype when it comes to venal reviewers as well.

Again, I couldn't disagree more.

He wasnt depending on other people. He was depending on a trilogy having a second and third act. Thats not what johnson had in mind.

Most of the depth for the characters in the original trilogy came in the second and third installments. Think about it. Describe Darth Vader only using episode 4. You basically have "He choked a dude with his mind. Bad ass. He's very intimidating"

And boom, thats it. Thats his whole character. It isnt until the trilogy is done that the depth of the character has been mined.

Describe Han Solo using only episode 4. You basically have "He shot this dude first. Bad ass. Hes a loner but came back to help at the end because of the screenplay".
Darth Vader in Episode 4 was perfect because it wasn't about who he was, it was about what he represented. He and Obi Wan were the opposite ends of a mystical "religion." Vader was an attack "dog," and was described as such. He represented what was sinister about the Empire. He was an incredibly well done character without the need for much exposition.

Contrast that with Kylo and the Resistance. There's no mystery there. There's nothing sinister about them. They actually need exposition because they're bad characters.

Darth Vader in Episode 4 was perfect because it wasn't about who he was, it was about what he represented. He and Obi Wan were the opposite ends of a mystical "religion." Vader was an attack "dog," and was described as such. He represented what was sinister about the Empire. He was an incredibly well done character without the need for much exposition.

Contrast that with Kylo and the Resistance. There's no mystery there. There's nothing sinister about them. They actually need exposition because they're bad characters.

Im not talking about whats good and whos bad or whats better. Im just pointing out the reasons why I disagree with the point I was responding to about the lack of character depth in FA. More depth isnt the same thing as better.

Im not talking about whats good and whos bad or whats better. Im just pointing out the reasons why I disagree with the point I was responding to about the lack of character depth in FA. More repdth isnt the same thing as better.
I'm explaining why strong characters don't need exposition or a back story, like Vader in ANH. The most famous example is Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men. It doesn't matter why or how. All that matters is what.

This series undoes everything done in original trilogy, just so they can fkn do it again.

Just because somebody is a round faced, physically weak f**king dork, doesn't mean they should get the great Hollywood jobs, you fkn lame-brain execs. Hire somebody gritty, red-assed, slack jawed, physically imposing.. These weak azz nerds are not even the right kind of nerds.

Anyways, where is the Senate? The republic's army? It's a fkn galaxy, so if it were united under the Senate, there would be an army. 15 sjw rebels don't represent jack-squat in that galaxy. The scale is totally off, the story has been pretty stupid, and the turns have been weak and bland.

I'm explaining why strong characters don't need exposition or a back story, like Vader in ANH. The most famous example is Anton Chigurh in No Country For Old Men. It doesn't matter why or how. All that matters is what.

This series is now full of lore. It's different. If somebody is the strongest force user in the galaxy, 30 seconds on why would be appropriate fan service, and to further the story.

Last edited:
It's a fine movie. It's also one of the worst movies to ever win a Best Picture Oscar, especially considering it beat Pulp Fiction and Shawshank Redemption.

I'm fine with it winning.. great quality either way you look at it any of those pictures could get it and it would have been fair.

Okay I found someone's comment on a The Last Jede vs. Infinity War How to subvert expectations video:

If Marvel made TJL

.Snokes identity is revealed to be an outcast of the old Jedi order who’s been watching the story unfold from afar. After the fall of the empire the people were left lawless without leadership. As one of the last two force users, Snoke felt obligated to come out of exile and restore order. His justified fear was Luke restoring the Jedi order of old and history repeating itself…Snoke feels great power in young Kylo and thru the force he shows the flaws of the Jedi, how they were easily corrupted by the senate , overtaken by the empire, exiled for love. Young Kylo, feels neglected by Luke and appreciated by Snoke and joins him. Luke has been on the island training in the ways of the force with the aid of old ghost jedi masters Yoda and Obi Wan. His force abilities are well beyond the powers expected of the jedi..But yet he feels he is outmatched by Snoke… He warmly embraces the lightsaber Rey gives him and tells her He’s Been waiting for her... He takes Rey as his apprentice for the final battle to come… Rey is fascinated by Luke, his incredible power but more from his wisdom. Kylo and Rey connect using the force and spend time together by their own powers in secret. They feel their strongest when they are together and share a mysterious magnet like connection. The two inevitably fall in love and the outcome of the pairing is a phenomenon the universe has never felt before. The combination of Dark and Light, Sith and Jedi, Hate and Love sends shockwaves through the galaxy. Snoke and Luke both feel chills from this great disturbance in the force….. To be Continued…

Sounds great to me. Personally I would not have Rey and Kylo fall in love, but otherwise I like it. I guess I could combine my ideas with it as well:

my ideas:

-Luke, along with Leia, helped raise and train Rey for about 4 years, and out of those years started training her in the Force for three years (so she started training at age 4).

-Luke faced Snoke and barely made it out alive. When battling Snoke, Snoke was able to tap into Luke's mind and discover the existence of Rey, and so Rey became in danger as well

-So to stop Snoke from getting to Rey, Luke hid her on Jakku, expecting that he would re-unite with her eventually when the timing was right. He does something to her memory of him and Leia so that she has plausible deniability of ever being associated with the Jedi. The shot of kid Rey crying is her watching Luke flying away on a spaceship (before Luke's memory tinkering takes effect).

-Luke was spending time away to find and learn new ways to counter Snoke's unique Force abilities that nearly killed him. However, he gets sidetracked when he discovers a bigger threat to the New Republic: a fascist group much larger than the First Order. So Luke and his Padawans have been battling this group for the past few years. They have managed to take down a large portion of this villainous organization.

-Then Luke senses the 5 planets of the Republic blowing up....and realizes he misjudged how much of a threat the First Order was (remember, the he opening crawl states that The First Order was able to grow in Luke's absence)

-This new group and The First Order join forces at the end of the film. Think of the new group as Japan in WWII and The First Order as Nazis. Meanwhile, remnants of the New Republic and Lando's crew join the Resistance. The Resistance still has thousands of people left, not freakin 14 people like in the end of ep 8.
"Your episode 8 story sucks"
RJ
rian-johnson-tall-C.jpg

Seriously though, either that Marvel-style story, or yours sounds far better. I like the idea of Luke and Snoke being brought back for ep 9 to duel. I want to see some epic Jedi/Sith force powers with modern tech. I have little faith in JJ though.

It’s interesting to me that pretty much everyone on here has suggested different stories that are all more interesting and lore expanding than we actually got. How is that possible?

Also, I think there is a very simple, in canon way to bring Luke back. In Rebels there is a character named Bendu who has vast Force abilities. One of which is that he can disappear at will. Just give Luke that ability.

This doesnt have anything to do with what I said.

If youre saying it wasnt necessary, thats fine. But someone else was saying one movie had it and another did not. If youre saying ANH didnt need it and thats why it wasnt present, youre agreeing with me albeit in a roundabout way.

Back