STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I hate that Luke basically explains this, in words, and people don't seem to like it. Like, the people who want explanations for Rey and Snoke -- they want it in words. Now, I realize what you're saying is the LJ words are insufficient but there is nowhere else to go with this Abrams box. And I've tried pulling alternatives out of people, believe me. I remain ever hopeful, though.

He belongs in television, issuing forth memos calling for "the big ideas" and then farming out the actual work to the day-players.

But your analogy doesn't work for me because Abrams needs to rebuild nothing. There's no slack he needs to account for. He just has his characters in position to do anything he wants, and each of them are more cemented in their presentations than before. All this wobbly nonsense about Luke? Abrams has ZERO responsibility in making up for it; very much the opposite: as he is now we're free to do ANYTHING with Luke.

You and I both know that only our true feelings matter, and that someone else's words cannot paint over them.

This is a good point. Ep 9 can be almost anything because they are no plotlines or loose ends from ep 8 that need to be followed up on. Maybe it will make for a great movie. Hopefully it does. I wonder how the three movies will.hold up as a trilogy though.

This is a good point. Ep 9 can be almost anything because they are no plotlines or loose ends from ep 8 that need to be followed up on. Maybe it will make for a great movie. Hopefully it does. I wonder how the three movies will.hold up as a trilogy though.

Not great

You know who's great in the original trilogy? Han Solo. He has a personal story that reaches a conclusion that is originally his story alone but then involves the other characters, he grows as a character, and he's an entry point to certain aspects universe. The new trilogy needs the wider forms of a Han Solo-like character.

Last edited:
You know who's great in the original trilogy? Han Solo. He has a personal story that reaches a conclusion that is originally his story alone but then involves the other characters, he grows as a character, and he's an entry point to certain aspects universe. The new trilogy the wider forms of a Han Solo-like character.

This new trilogy has no one that you can cheer for. Kylo sucks, rey is over powered...i guess maybe Poe hes likeable but is he really supposed to be the hero of this thing.

Man they fucked up this entire series

This new trilogy has no one that you can cheer for. Kylo sucks, rey is over powered...i guess maybe Poe hes likeable but is he really supposed to be the hero of this thing.

Man they fucked up this entire series

Poe is a moron in TLJ. His lesson learning is so ham fisted.

Poe is a moron in TLJ. His lesson learning is so ham fisted.

ya this movie is filled with feminist bullshit. Not one man can do anything right in this film without some dumb bitch telling him how to do something right. Rey was dropping like lessons to luke for gods sake.

Poe was an idiot who had to be taught lessons by both Laia and purple hair girl. Lets not forget that poe caused a mutiny and is forgiven 5 minutes later. In a universe where motherfuckers are fighting for their lives im guessing poe would of been thrown out to space

Last edited:
No tears. Just no real interest in watching it again, nor the 9th. And that's ok.

Yeah and boy oh boy, I'm unsure what ill do now. I make it a somewhat priority to see sci fi movies in the theater because of the effects but i dont want to spend the money on shit.

Had i, for whatever reason, waited to see THIS pile of shit on the 1st day, i wouldve went to see it anyway, believing that the masses were wrong. I hated Drive. I hated Donnie Darko. It would be possible. No. The people were right, the last jedi is shit.

So now, knowing this because i was burned, do i go to the next one, hoping they fix the fuckups? Doubtful, but its a sci fi.

Shit, i just realized, the worst parts are the characters decisions and the stories. I suppose if the story was ok, then honestly, i would go pay to see it afterwards.

I suggest the same routine.

Yeah and boy oh boy, I'm unsure what ill do now. I make it a somewhat priority to see sci fi movies in the theater because of the effects but i dont want to spend the money on shit.

Had i, for whatever reason, waited to see THIS pile of shit on the 1st day, i wouldve went to see it anyway, believing that the masses were wrong. I hated Drive. I hated Donnie Darko. It would be possible. No. The people were right, the last jedi is shit.

So now, knowing this because i was burned, do i go to the next one, hoping they fix the fuckups? Doubtful, but its a sci fi.

Shit, i just realized, the worst parts are the characters decisions and the stories. I suppose if the story was ok, then honestly, i would go pay to see it afterwards.

I suggest the same routine.

I debated this myself. I just came to the conclusion that i will not spend money on the next star wars but will give the spin offs an honest chance.

Last edited:
Its funny watching these star wars nuts defend shitty writing. Ive never witnessed suc

ya this movie is filled with feminist bullshit. Not one man can do anything right in this film without some dumb bitch telling him how to do something right. Rey was dropping like lessons to luke for gods sake.

Poe was an idiot who had to be taught lessons by both Laia and purple hair girl. Lets not forget that poe caused a mutiny and is forgiven 5 minutes later. In a universe where motherfuckers are fighting for their lives im guessing poe would of been thrown out to space

Leave me out of your women hating.

I debated this myself. I just came to the conclusion that i will not spend money on the next star wars but will give the spin offs and honest chance.

Im skeptical on them. Afterall, i didnt ask for them.

This backlash hopefully prevents Johnson from coloring all over the star wars walls and he gets ejected from the next trilogy, as is the fate of some directors, citing "creative differences. " Yes, this movie made money, but it didnt make as much as it should have and dont think disney doesnt know this.

I debated this myself. I just came to the conclusion that i will not spend money on the next star wars but will give the spin offs and honest chance.

*waves hand*

You will watch the Obi Wan prequel and all other Star Wars films

Not great

No, probably not. At this point I think the best we can hope for is a great ep 9 that at least makes the major plot points of the first two movies make sense and seem worthwhile..

Ya it has killed all interest in the 9th film.

No tears. Just no real interest in watching it again, nor the 9th. And that's ok.
My interest for following movies has waned , but Episode 8 also takes some of the joy out of the ending for Episode 6 as well. The ending is a bit more bitter now knowing that instead of the EU his fate will be what happened to him in this movie.

My interest for following movies has waned , but Episode 8 also takes some of the joy out of the ending for Episode 6 as well. The ending is a bit more bitter now knowing that instead of the EU his fate will be what happened to him in this movie.

UUUUURRRRGHHHH

fuck this film

One thing the OT firmly established is Jedi go into exile/hiding when shit fucks up and are needed the most.

How is Luke any different from established lore?

I wouldn't think that Luke's personality would change just because he is a jedi. Aside from being in hiding/hermet he also took out his light saber to contemplate killing his own student. That is extremely contrary to his established character.

Who says either of them are all that powerful?

What she did without any or little training was very powerful. Like defeating Kylo in the last movie.

While this may be hard for you and the detractors believe: the filmmakers honestly believed that this was it. That what occurred was fun and awesome and yes, they fell short of what you expected but what you expected honestly you don't even know. No one has described it in any other terms than what they did not care for. And there's nothing wrong with that either, because it's fucking impossible to figure out something that works for everyone.

It's amazing that the director thought that Luke dodging a little bit as a hologram and then dying from it was fun and awesome. Luke was far more interesting and entertaining when he was a kid.

Back