STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I understand your point of view... but it's very confusing to refer to "Canon books" as "Expanded Universe"... because there are actual non-canon books out there that are considered "Expanded Universe"... or as they have been re-named... "Legends." So you can see the confusion when you refer to a Canon book as "expanded universe." It just doesn't work. They are 2 very different things. One is considered real to the star wars universe... & the other is not. They are actually opposites of each other & so cannot be named the same. I'm suggesting you find another term you're happy with.

So what you're saying is that anything that isn't in the movies should be considered separate?

I don't know bro. I get the Canon universe. It involves all media types... from after Oct. 2012... & it all tells the overall story. Are you like rebelling against the Non-movie Canon universe?
I was I confused as well but I think he just meant canon outside of the movies. Then his line of current canon cleared it up for me realizing he was referencing the new canon comics and so forth

I was I confused as well but I think he just meant canon outside of the movies. Then his line of current canon cleared it up for me realizing he was referencing the new canon comics and so forth
Okay, so if that's the case... then lets explore how all this got started. Is the following actually cannon... or is he speaking about actual legends material?

If we're gonna bring EU into the discussion, then current Canon has Luke getting more training after Episode IV, with the voice of Obi-Wan and Ob-Wans journals teaching him about the force and it's capabilities. So in a EU discussion, his training is fairly extensive.

Okay, I see we're just being caught up on terminology... so back to your earlier post... what is the resource you have for Luke getting that training from the voice of Obi-wan?

Knowing that will move us beyond this discussion about terminology & get us back to the subject.

Okay, so if that's the case... then lets explore how all this got started. Is the following actually cannon... or is he speaking about actual legends material?

Okay, I see we're just being caught up on terminology... so back to your earlier post... what is the resource you have for Luke getting that training from the voice of Obi-wan?

Knowing that will move us beyond this discussion about terminology & get us back to the subject.

The marvel comics.

I think that's exactly it. Initially when I read the book, I thought that it was something deeper. Like when Kylo is informed of BB-8 making it out on the Falcon, with "a girl", and Kylo force grabs that guy and yells "what girl?!"
But yes, I think it was just the balancing, Snoke says "there's been awakening, have you felt it?" So when Ren says "it's you!", I think he just realizes that Rey is the one who has started the "awakening"

Also, agree with the Rey being a bad ass with the staff. It was shown she's quite capable, and can handle herself in combat. Whereas in the original, we don't really see Luke trained in duelling, gets his ass handed to him by Sand People/Tuskens, but there he is facing off against Vader in Empire. He deflects a few bolts from a remote training ball, but we're never shown any saber training. In Empire, we just see some running, handstands, levitating rocks (which Luke tells Rey, that the force isn't about moving rocks, kinda funny). Then at the end, she rescues the Resistance by moving rocks. But just saying, we're shown more of Rey being a bad ass in combat then we ever are of Luke.

And with that explanation, I'm reminded of one of my favourite memes, in this age of political correctness

8c8e88068ab378a147f14f355f5e83d0--funny-memes-funny-shit.jpg

That meme.....
<Jaime01>

Which one's?

Before or after 2012? Do you recall by chance what issue? I'd like to see it is why I ask.

The current run by Jason Aaron. Dont recall the specific issue. It's sort of an ongoing thing. The issues have a lot of cool moments.

boba-fett-ambushes-luke-skywalker-2.jpg

The current run by Jason Aaron. Dont recall the specific issue. It's sort of an ongoing thing. The issues have a lot of cool moments.

boba-fett-ambushes-luke-skywalker-2.jpg
Good looking out. I'll see if I can sort through & find it.

That's alwayz been a big gripe about Luke is his lack of training... & he's sold as the mack daddy jedi. Anakin started as a kid & went through 10 years of training... plus being on the front lines of the entire brutal clone wars... & you can really see how he became so powerful. Dude punched the time clock.

I gotta admit, I chuckle to myself under my breath a bit every time I watch Luke standing in front of Jabba in Ep. 6 proclaiming himself to be a Jedi. The scene is great... but I'd love to see some actual Canon that shows Luke being trained more than a month on Degobah... & a few hours on the Falcon.

Good looking out. I'll see if I can sort through & find it.

That's alwayz been a big gripe about Luke is his lack of training... & he's sold as the mack daddy jedi. Anakin started as a kid & went through 10 years of training... plus being on the front lines of the entire brutal clone wars... & you can really see how he became so powerful. Dude punched the time clock.

I gotta admit, I chuckle to myself under my breath a bit every time I watch Luke standing in front of Jabba in Ep. 6 proclaiming himself to be a Jedi. The scene is great... but I'd love to see some actual Canon that shows Luke being trained more than a month on Degobah... & a few hours on the Falcon.
Yeah dude, that’s the current Star Wars comic still on going. Luke has no clue what he’s doing, kinda funny. That clip he posted is when Luke goes back to Obi Wan’s place, has to fight off Boba. Gets obi’s journals, learns how to build a saber, and that’s why Luke’s saber from ROTJ so closely resembles Obi’s saber

Obi’s

latest

Luke’s

92193ff5e7596f96773453d6350ddb5d.jpg

Yeah dude, that’s the current Star Wars comic still on going. Luke has no clue what he’s doing, kinda funny. That clip he posted is when Luke goes back to Obi Wan’s place, has to fight off Boba. Gets obi’s journals, learns how to build a saber, and that’s why Luke’s saber from ROTJ so closely resembles Obi’s saber

Obi’s

latest

Luke’s

92193ff5e7596f96773453d6350ddb5d.jpg
Damn... if only Luke could've gotten Dukku's journalz... he could've built himself a cool curvy Lazer Sword that is more ergonomically comfortable. :oops:

Really he could just go to Amazon.com & hook up with a Dukku Saber
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/302602881020

Damn... if only Luke could've gotten Dukku's journalz... he could've built himself a cool curvy Lazer Sword that is more ergonomically comfortable. :oops:

Really he could just go to Amazon.com & hook up with a Dukku Saber
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/302602881020
You ever hear the theory, that Maul, Dooku, and Grievous all portray what Vader is to become? Maul, so filled with hatred, Dooku the fallen Jedi, and Grievous part cyborg

You ever hear the theory, that Maul, Dooku, and Grievous all portray what Vader is to become? Maul, so filled with hatred, Dooku the fallen Jedi, and Grievous part cyborg
Can't say I've ever put that grouping together, but yeah... the similarities are definitely there. Perhaps all put in place to validify Vader. Showing another mechanical baddie that was a major threat in hand to hand combat makes Vader's mechanical parts more valid. Also another Jedi going Sith shows that it is a valid thing that can happen.

Yeah, Maul's a dark f*cker all right. I went on one of my fact finding missionz... & decided to break down the life of Maul regarding why he was so dark. I'd argue that he's darker than Vader himself. (like it's not even close)

To your original point here... Maul's set in the pre-quils to give validity to how dark someone can get... which validates how dark Vader was.

The Life of Maul

Born of a witch that wanted to be a Sith... & then raised by Sidious himself since I'd say about 5 years old (who betrayed his mom to take him instead of her as his apprentice)... he was trained as a Sith assassin & was brainwashed in extreme wayz to hate the Jedi. One specific method was having him breath in the ashes of the slain Sith from the 1,000 year old battle where the Jedi all but made the Sith extinct. Maul had visions of that battle & could feel every light saber strike & blow that they took... & it made him violently hate the Jedi for what they had done in a very personal way. The young man felt it... & felt like the Jedi had done it to him.

He was forbidden to kill the Jedi yet though in order that his un-quenchable thirst to kill them would boil up inside the young teenager... & also to keep him a secret from the Jedi. He was rabid with the desire to kill them all though... & it eventually boiled over to where he defied Sidious' orders (at the risk of death) & snuck around & killed one. Sidious knew about it though... but was pleased that his hatred of the jedi was so great. Maul was stone cold & black as coal at that point.

After finally being dispatched to be revealed & allowed to openly kill some Jedi... the rabid beast took out Qui Gon... but got cut in half by Obi. He managed to barely survive... as he got to a junk bin that was later dumped on a junk planet.

He remained stranded there for a little over a decade. The whole time on that junk planet resulted in him losing his mind to a point where he barely even recognized his own identity... but all that remained was his desire for revenge against the Jedi & now specifically, his revenge on Obi. That's some dark stuff.

So then his brother Asajj Ventress (now a major warrior in the galaxy who is contending to be the next Sith apprentice) rescues him & takes him back to his witch mother... who recovers his mind & gives him mechanical legs.

Maul now at full mental & physical capability names himself the new Sith lord & (after a bit of combat negotiations) makes his brother his apprentice.

Maul & his brother go on a rampage across the galaxy gaining extremely powerful criminal allies along the way. They got so strong & powerful they even took control of Mandalore... which was one of the most influential planets in the "neutral" systems... & along the way, they became the head of those combined orgainzations calling themselves the "Shadow Collective."

That's when Sidious decided they had amassed too much power... & he now considered them a threat to his plans to rule the galaxy. So the man who raised him flew to Mandalore & fought him & his brother at the same time & killed his brother in front of him. To make matter's worse... he left Maul alive, knowing that he would run to his mother to be healed... & Sidious wanted to follow him to her in order to kill her... which he achieves through sending Grievous to follow him.

So now the man who raised him killed his brother & his mom.

Fooking hell what a life. No wonder he was so dark.

So he returned to Mandalore for a while but was eventually removed from power during "The Siege of Mandalore" by the Senate's clone army working with other Mandalorian's who didn't accept Maul's rule. Maul & the Shadow Collective were overthrown. Our man lost all his allies at that point & everyone went their separate wayz, breaking up his leadership over their combined unity & the "Shadow Collective" was no more.

Maul, now on his own... goes back to his home planet of Dathomir & lived alone for over another decade & a half. Eventually, he moved out to look for an ancient Sith battle station that he planned to activate & rekindle his power in the galaxy with. His ship crash lands on Malachor... & he's stranded there for a few years with no contact to the rest of the galaxy. To make matters worse... he can't access the ancient weapon by himself. It is protected by an ancient Sith temple & he needs someone else in order to access it.

Eventually, the crew from the Rebellion ship... "The Ghost" end up on Malachor do to Yoda telling Ezra Bridger in a vision that he needed to go there. Several of the Empires "Inquisitors" were there at the same time hunting for Maul.

A seemingly sweet Maul seduces Jedi padawan Ezra Bridger into helping him open up the temple... while pretending to be his Allie against the inquisitors. Of course Maul was just using him because he needed him to help him access the hidden battle station.

Maul is the one who blinded Jedi knight Kanan (Ezra's Master teacher) in all the happenings... but Kanan won the fight & a defeated Maul retreated the planet using one of the "inquisitor's" Tie Fighters.

After that... (& the Sith Temple / Battle Station on Malachor destroyed...) Maul's agenda stayed the same though... right to the end. He went to great lengths to figure out where Obi was. Once he found out... Maul went to Tattoine to kill him in his never ending quest for revenge. Obi got the best of him in one on one lightsaber combat & Maul was finally killed. His final words being that the chosen one from the prophecy... will avenge the Sith.

Interesting that the same prophecy about the chosen one bringing balance to the force... is looked at differently from the Sith point of view... to think that he is there for them... while the Jedi think it's for them.

This is a nice video of what I just wrote out that I came across after studying all that. It's not as detailed in some wayz... but gives more detail in other wayz. Also gives some nice visual imagery of his story.

Last edited:
Say something good about the prequels.

Timestamped:

Haha... Awesome!!! Say something about the prequills now bitch!!! <Lmaoo>

She did one previously like that... & they even put it on the BlueRay special features for "V for Vendetta." So awesome to see her in such a serious roll & then bust out like that... lol...

Last edited:
Back