Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read up on the ORDU ASPECTU from the Dr Aphra series at marvel comics.

They seem to be a group of Jedi that splintered off from the Jedi order. More like Grey Jedi is what I gathered from it.

I wonder if this will have any connection to the last Jedi
Aphra is awesome. I'm currently in the Star Wars comic where she tries to sell Luke to the evil queen so she can take his life essence. These comics cross over into the Aphra series so that you have to read those as well. Will be starting into her series soon, as I'm almost all caught up

A bunch of new footage, check this one out, spot 8:

Okay for us that we are already hooked and will go see it I don't think we should see more, maybe it is time to brake away and just see it with the movie.. this extra commercials are for the ones that are so so and still making up their mind if they go out and see it or just wait to see it down the line.

Plus me thinks they are screwing with a certain blockbuster premiere, taking hype away with new Star Wars game release, Punisher show, new Last Jedi footage.

That still they use for the video clip looks dirty, just saying! Maybe Rey enjoying the dark side from Luke a little too much

star-wars-8-the-last-jedi-new-trailer-rey-luke-880677.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a funny/silly meme on the webz the other day, combining the scene where Luke says "I've only seen this kind of raw power once before", then shows Rey cracking the rock

giphy.gif

Then cuts to the scene in Ice Age where that squirrel cracks the ice

latest

Can't find it, but it combined those clips, got a little laugh out of me

Update: November 17, 2017

Rian Johnson Reportedly Confirms THE LAST JEDI Runtime is 150 Minutes

<Kpop775>

Kylo okay I get but c'mon man Rey too. :D
Yeah. Rey way too much Mary Sue (it's safe to say she's gonna save the day).

Andy Kylo - fuck that guy; every time he's on screen I feel like he should be crying and writing in his leather covered journal that has a heart lock that breaks when he opens it.

Screw them both.

Luke better bring back some pain in this one.

If Luke was as badass as his legends/EU self, this movie would be short.

Yeah. Rey way too much Mary Sue (it's safe to say she's gonna save the day).

Andy Kylo - fuck that guy; every time he's on screen I feel like he should be crying and writing in his leather covered journal that has a heart lock that breaks when he opens it.

Screw them both.

Luke better bring back some pain in this one.

<30><mma1>

udqcovgek4giwsksy4lx.gif

Update: November 22, 2017

STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI Tracking for Massive $200 Million-Plus U.S. Debut

UvybdS6.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi looks to be a box-office knight in shining armor.

Disney's and Lucasfilm's followup to Star Wars: The Force Awakens is generating enormous interest among moviegoers for a projected $200 million-plus domestic debut when it hits theaters Dec. 15, according to early tracking. That's a feat only a few movies have ever accomplished.

In December 2015, Force Awakens, reviving the iconic sci-fi franchise after a long absence from the big screen, opened to a record-shattering $248 million in North America. That was followed by a $155.1 million for stand-alone Rogue One: A Star Wars Story in December 2016.

Studios never comment on tracking, but Disney insiders anticipate that The Last Jedi will surpass fellow Disney title Beauty and the Beast ($174.8 million) to land the top opening of the year to date.

Directed by Rian Johnson, The Last Jedi stars Daisy Ridley, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac and Lupita Nyong'o.

'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' Tracking for Massive $200 Million-Plus U.S. Opening Weekend

I don't doubt it.

A lot of critics like to bash on TFA... but it was a solid Star Wars experience & I think most people are stoked for this installment. I know I am.

My body is so ready for this. My gf already bought us some sweet, creamy tickets!!

I have avoided spoilers no tv spots (no tv) hell I didn't watch the newest trailer until I saw Thor lol.
Already have tickets bought. And was sold out shows when I bought em last week.

I don't fully understand how this "tracking" business works but I wouldn't doubt it based on how the last one performed.

More salt in the Justice League wound.

I don't fully understand how this "tracking" business works but I wouldn't doubt it based on how the last one performed.

Well I would imagine that it's a lot easier to track expectations of upcoming movies nowadays since there its far easier to pre-buy movie tickets then it was in the past. Now you can pre-buy your Star Wars tickets 2 months in advance from the comfort of your home. I remember when The Phantom Menace came out you could only pre-buy your movie tickets a week in advance and then you had to get in line in front of the movie theater.

Tickets already purchased compared to other movies.

Social media talks across all platforms to judge interest compared to other movies, views in media on the stuff they put out already.

Surveys.

Educated guessing from people actually payed to do this stuff.

More or less you can get an idea, it can change of course but you get a picture of the situation and the closer you get to the opening the closer the tracking numbers should get.

Last edited:

December will blow up with Star Wars chatter.. all that talking should result in some tickets.

most-talked-about-movies.png

Mark Hamill looks like he's bringing game in this one with his acting.

No way this breaks 200 million OW. I’m sure it’ll be a huge OW, but 200 is too high.

No way this breaks 200 million OW. I’m sure it’ll be a huge OW, but 200 is too high.
but they got Porgz bro. All the kids gonna get one & wanna see the movie.

I don't think the majority of the casualz & kids that brought TFA to 248m opening weekend had the same cynical view of the movie as the professional critics on sherdog. I'd actually be surprised if it didn't do 200m or better.

I don't doubt it.

A lot of critics like to bash on TFA... but it was a solid Star Wars experience & I think most people are stoked for this installment. I know I am.

I'm ready for the next one. My main issue with the first one basically just copied star wars 4. I don't understand being given the star wars franchise and then deciding to just retell the same story, I'd want to do something new and my own. Either way I'm hoping the second one will deviate from the rest of the movies and go down it's own story line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back