Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was reading an article just now about Luke's red kyber necklace. I remember awhile back, we speculated maybe it came from Vader's saber.

During ROTJ, Luke cuts off Vader's hand and the saber goes tumbling down the shaft. In the Aftermath books, there is a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond who go around trying to collect dark side/sith artifacts. They meet up with someone who claims to have the Vader saber. So I think our speculation was that somehow, since the events during Aftermath and The Force Awakens, the saber was destroyed and Luke retained a piece of the Kyber to keep, and then Kylo had the bulk of the Kyber and now it was cracked, so he had to come up with that crazy old-school lightsaber design to vent the unstable energy from the cracked crystal.

Anyway, the article I was reading was suggesting maybe that red Kyber that Luke wears around his neck is from his own lightsaber. We haven't seen anything regarding his old green lightsaber. In the international poster, Luke is holding the blue saber. This article is suggesting that maybe Luke during his exile and exploring the grey path, dabbled into some dark side stuff and turned his crystal from green to red.

Just tossing things out there for discussion. I still think it comes from Vader's saber
That's an interesting idea... he made his green light saber bleed while messing with the dark side... & so decided to dismantle it & attach the Kyber to a necklace. Would be sic as f*ck to see Luke drop it into a handle & rock a red lightsaber. :eek:

200.gif

Was reading an article just now about Luke's red kyber necklace. I remember awhile back, we speculated maybe it came from Vader's saber.

During ROTJ, Luke cuts off Vader's hand and the saber goes tumbling down the shaft. In the Aftermath books, there is a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond who go around trying to collect dark side/sith artifacts. They meet up with someone who claims to have the Vader saber. So I think our speculation was that somehow, since the events during Aftermath and The Force Awakens, the saber was destroyed and Luke retained a piece of the Kyber to keep, and then Kylo had the bulk of the Kyber and now it was cracked, so he had to come up with that crazy old-school lightsaber design to vent the unstable energy from the cracked crystal.

Anyway, the article I was reading was suggesting maybe that red Kyber that Luke wears around his neck is from his own lightsaber. We haven't seen anything regarding his old green lightsaber. In the international poster, Luke is holding the blue saber. This article is suggesting that maybe Luke during his exile and exploring the grey path, dabbled into some dark side stuff and turned his crystal from green to red.

Just tossing things out there for discussion. I still think it comes from Vader's saber

Yea me thinks I saw this same article or a similar one.. was it from one of those sites like screenrant ?

I like the idea that it's Vader's crystal part/piece.

You guys are cray cray if you think they will destroy that beautiful green lightsaber, we either see it in this movie or 100% sure in the next movie, most likely we get it in both.

Possible SPOILERS stop reading my speculation is based on some reports / rumors etc it is quite possible so back off don't read:

Yes Luke picks up the old blue lightsaber after Kylo trashes Rey and he picks it up and is going all: "enough, back of nephew". Eventually we will see him with his own green one and Rey with the blue until she makes her yellow staff in the next movie. :p

Not to mention they will tease us in the start with Luke holding the Anakin saber then not using it, he will poke monsters with hid electric rod thingy then use the blue a little and end with the green in 1 or 2 fights at the end.

Yea that's about it.. Luke is a bad ass (shaky after recent events but he will regroup) and is the champion of good he ain't turning his crystals red you guys saw how hard it is to make them bleed.

The Grey Jedi concept reminds me of Bruce Lee's iconic quote,

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is uniquely one's own"

In theory, a Grey Jedi would not be limited by the precepts of the Jedi Order, nor would they suffer the physical and mental decay caused by using the Dark Side.

Finally got my ticket. 1st day 1 AM at the big IMAX. That World Series trailer did it for me (Luke in the Falcon). Just hoping they don't do Luke Skywalker dirty or make him a little bitch.

Extra special for @Myrddin Wild :D

Timestamped the interview for you:

Pablo bless.

Should also watch at the start she talks a little about The Last Jedi and Rian the director.

Extra special for @Myrddin Wild :D

Timestamped the interview for you:

Pablo bless.

Should also watch at the start she talks a little about The Last Jedi and Rian the director.
Cool interview.

However him sitting in the writers room doesn't mean he's on the creative side. They need him for a reference to the past. He's like an organic computer. Simply showing him in the writers room doesn't prove that he's involved creatively at all. His job is to sit there & detect any story lines the actual creative people might stray into that don't jive with Canon.

They need someone there that can do that, & I'm glad he's there, but that doesn't mean that every word out of his mouth regarding future story linez & especially the grey Jedi are facts to be held at the highest level of truth... which is basically what our disagreement is about.
<[analyzed}>

Cool interview.

However him sitting in the writers room doesn't mean he's on the creative side. They need him for a reference to the past. He's like an organic computer. Simply showing him in the writers room doesn't prove that he's involved creatively at all. His job is to sit there & detect any story lines the actual creative people might stray into that don't jive with Canon.

They need someone there that can do that, & I'm glad he's there, but that doesn't mean that every word out of his mouth regarding future story linez & especially the grey Jedi are facts to be held at the highest level of truth... which is basically what our disagreement is about.
<[analyzed}>

Pablo is in the room he can't just be a fax checker he has some input and he is listening to what the others are talking and all this story group meets up with the script writers for the movies and with the directors cause that dude can have a change of heart right on the set and say hey let's try this line or something different and then we decide what we keep.

Why you putting down Pablo just cause he doesn't like the term Grey Jedi or his least favorite lightsaber color is white ? :D

Pablo is in the room he can't just be a fax checker he has some input and he is listening to what the others are talking and all this story group meets up with the script writers for the movies and with the directors cause that dude can have a change of heart right on the set and say hey let's try this line or something different and then we decide what we keep.

Why you putting down Pablo just cause he doesn't like the term Grey Jedi or his least favorite lightsaber color is white ? :D
Easy Bro.... just calm down... there'z no need to bring white light sabers into this.

I have absolutely nothing against Pablo. I love the guy. You presented something he said about Grey Jedi as proof that they are not going in that direction
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135338579/
Problem is that he didn't say it wasn't going in that direction... he said "I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT" I replied to you saying how the fook can someone so high up in the team... who is in the writer's room not "understand" the concept of a grey Jedi.

he said, "I'm of the school that you're either a Jedi or not... I don't buy the grey Jedi or Dark Jedi stuff." Perhaps he doesn't see the flaws in the Jedi way.... or perhaps he understands it, but thinks they should not have the term "Jedi" in their title... if they move to the middle ground.

He said, "The dark side comes with a cost. That cost has to be something more than it turning you into a bad ass." Again, he's not understanding. Nobody said there was no cost. There can be a cost written into it if that is the way it must be... but I don't even see that as an issue.

The idea is that the Jedi no longer fears the dark side. He's going to allow some of that aggression that's all ready in him to be released... like Obi did when he killed Maul the first time. You don't want to allow that aggression to consume you... but you also don't want to stuff it in a nice shiny neat package & stuff it away & pretend you don't have those emotions. Denial is a blockage of energy in itself no matter how pure you think you are.

The middle ground is the path of least resistance... & if you're going to be a conduit to the eternal force, then you can't have anything blocking it... no matter if you label it a good Jedi thing or a dark Sith thing.... they both have blockages in their flawed systems... but the middle way is where you find free flow.

Call it Grey Jedi or something else completely... but that's essentially what Pablo doesn't seem to understand. It's likely that he just doesn't like the term. Perhaps he understands the concept, (even though he clearly claimed he didn't) but instead of just saying it like that to people, he's having a bit of fun with them.

He obviously feels like there could never be a caveat to being a Jedi. You either are a Jedi or you aren't. Cool... I get that... but then you got this guy who came through the Jedi order but he sees the flaws in their system & finds that middle ground. It's being hinted at & even written about with the opening transcript of the Whills at the start of TFA... so it's a real thing.

Anywayz... rant done. You threw his tweet up there to show that Luke is not a grey Jedi because this guy doesn't understand what a grey Jedi is. He's a good guy, but he's either trolling us or he just doesn't have the ability to comprehend something that isn't written out for him in a book or on the screen.

Easy Bro.... just calm down... there'z no need to bring white light sabers into this.

I have absolutely nothing against Pablo. I love the guy. You presented something he said about Grey Jedi as proof that they are not going in that direction
http://forums.sherdog.com/posts/135338579/
Problem is that he didn't say it wasn't going in that direction... he said "I DON'T UNDERSTAND IT" I replied to you saying how the fook can someone so high up in the team... who is in the writer's room not "understand" the concept of a grey Jedi.

he said, "I'm of the school that you're either a Jedi or not... I don't buy the grey Jedi or Dark Jedi stuff." Perhaps he doesn't see the flaws in the Jedi way.... or perhaps he understands it, but thinks they should not have the term "Jedi" in their title... if they move to the middle ground.

He said, "The dark side comes with a cost. That cost has to be something more than it turning you into a bad ass." Again, he's not understanding. Nobody said there was no cost. There can be a cost written into it if that is the way it must be... but I don't even see that as an issue.

The idea is that the Jedi no longer fears the dark side. He's going to allow some of that aggression that's all ready in him to be released... like Obi did when he killed Maul the first time. You don't want to allow that aggression to consume you... but you also don't want to stuff it in a nice shiny neat package & stuff it away & pretend you don't have those emotions. Denial is a blockage of energy in itself no matter how pure you think you are.

The middle ground is the path of least resistance... & if you're going to be a conduit to the eternal force, then you can't have anything blocking it... no matter if you label it a good Jedi thing or a dark Sith thing.... they both have blockages in their flawed systems... but the middle way is where you find free flow.

Call it Grey Jedi or something else completely... but that's essentially what Pablo doesn't seem to understand. It's likely that he just doesn't like the term. Perhaps he understands the concept, (even though he clearly claimed he didn't) but instead of just saying it like that to people, he's having a bit of fun with them.

He obviously feels like there could never be a caveat to being a Jedi. You either are a Jedi or you aren't. Cool... I get that... but then you got this guy who came through the Jedi order but he sees the flaws in their system & finds that middle ground. It's being hinted at & even written about with the opening transcript of the Whills at the start of TFA... so it's a real thing.

Anywayz... rant done. You threw his tweet up there to show that Luke is not a grey Jedi because this guy doesn't understand what a grey Jedi is. He's a good guy, but he's either trolling us or he just doesn't have the ability to comprehend something that isn't written out for him in a book or on the screen.
Yep I think Pablo just doesn’t like the term. He thinks you’re a Jedi or a Sith, they need a term for the middle. Otherwise what’s the difference between a Grey Jedi and a Grey Sith? Maybe the middle ground will be A Jith or a Sedi! ;)

But I guess if you’ve gone Sith then you go all in to the darkness and there is no dabbling with the light, so no Grey Sith! Like Obi says, only a Sith deals in absolutes. Although that statement is kinda an absolute statement!

Last edited:
I will probably watch the movie, but my one comment would be FUCK DISNEY.

I like Disney. They gave me tons of entertainment for many many years from a kid to adult and they still continue in doing so.

Great poster, I like this painting style and focus on the red color.

Not sure if it's ideal for SW but maybe for this movie this would turn out perfect, we shall see.

We're like a month away. I know I'm not the only one pumped up to the max for this movie.

The Grey Jedi concept reminds me of Bruce Lee's iconic quote,

"Absorb what is useful, reject what is useless, add what is uniquely one's own"

In theory, a Grey Jedi would not be limited by the precepts of the Jedi Order, nor would they suffer the physical and mental decay caused by using the Dark Side.

Jedi are fucking weirdos. Force lightning is prohibited. What if someone's battery on their speeder goes down? You gonna leave them stranded? Sheeeit.

already got my tickets i got them while watching Thor. hopefully with all the red in the poster it hints at it being a little darker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back