STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Reactions Are Here) | Page 49

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Dragonlordxxxxx, Jul 27, 2017.

?

What did you think of the latest trailer?

1. Great

38.3%
  2. Decent

30.5%
  3. Meh

24.8%
  4. Bad

6.4%
  1. FyrFytr998 Red Belt

FyrFytr998
    Bro, this might be the first time I ask you to not spoiler tag a review. I won’t be able to resist going to the dark side and click. I did for TFA.

2. Thrawn33 JUST BLEED Belt

Thrawn33
    Nothing good there yet....I heard...from my friend...and I promise not to spoil if something pops up

liljoe likes this.
  3. Warfist Black Belt

Warfist
    So what does grandpa think of this movie??

You know....George Lucas..

4. TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

TheRuthlessOne
    Have you seen the original trilogy? You can skip force awakens if you have

5. liljoe Brown Belt

liljoe
    I've avoided almost everything for star wars this time around. Have only seen one trailer and whatever commercials pop up. Have read no articles, fan forums, or any deep dive stuff at all. I think it will make a huge difference when I see it next week.

One MMA Fan and Thrawn33 like this.
  6. Anung Un Rama The Right Hand of Doom

Anung Un Rama
    <puh-lease75>

One MMA Fan likes this.
  7. Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

Amerikuracana
    This is it, and I'll remember me saying it.. If this movie isn't at least an 8/10, I will never listen to first reactions ever, ever again.

iThrillhouse likes this.
  8. liljoe Brown Belt

liljoe
    Im pretty sure he is playing the jilted bitter ex-boyfriend role these days. He was not happy with Force Awakens and was pretty much sidelined by JJ.
    Im pretty sure he skipped the premiere.

Amerikuracana likes this.
  9. Amerikuracana Titanium Belt

Amerikuracana
    He wanted cartoons and stupidness.. He lucked out that he didn't have the tech to complete his vision in the late 70s/early 80s.. Or the franchise would have been doa.

liljoe likes this.
  10. One MMA Fan #1

One MMA Fan
    No word on this new one, he didn't show up at the event at all.

First time he said he liked it then later started to take pokes at the movie based on originality. He was probably contracted to show up the first time. He also said he liked RO.

Not really, you have new characters and not seeing Rey and Kylo is a big thing they are the main characters going into the next movie.. plus you get some updated look.

Even if we have it half reboot it isn't the end of the world if it's good and the consensus is just that...

For example plenty of movies are reboots / remakes and go down in history in some cases way better then the source material. Ex: The Thing, Ocean's Eleven, Cape Fear, Scarface, Pale Rider, The Mag Seven, A fistful of dollars, Dracula from '92 and I'm sure they are more this are just some of my favorites.

While 7 didn't surpass 4 for me that doesn't mean it's a bad movie it's a blend of old and new.. high paced fun action adventure movie in that universe full of nostalgia. Plus I personally find Rey full of charisma and screen presence and Kylo too for the most part.

EvilDDS likes this.
  11. TheRuthlessOne Violence Belt

TheRuthlessOne
    Well I haven't seen Force Awakens and probably never will and I'm still caught up on the major things I need to know

Snoke is the big bad
    Rey is good
    Kylo is a Solo and he may end up becoming good but maybe not
    Han is dead
    Luke is a hermit

If there is anything else I'm missing let me know and I think none of that is real important to the story just yet

12. Jopious Extronimous White Belt

Jopious Extronimous
    I made 3 guesses half-jokingly to my friend who's a SW fan(I've admittedly never seen 1 film the whole way through) just based on trailers and posters.... and now he's mad at me for spoiling the movie. I guess my guesses were things likely to happen? I'm confused.

If anyone is aware of the "big moments" that I guess would count as spoilers, can you let me know what they are so I can tell my friend if I really ruined it or not? I kinda feel bad and I don't feel like I should.

13. iThrillhouse Silver Belt

iThrillhouse
    Surface value similarities to empire?

Why are there any similarities!

Make something original and its own thing

14. One MMA Fan #1

One MMA Fan
    If you didn't even saw it why put it down on a forum ? I mean at least sit down those 2 hours maybe you get something out of it who knows you might even like it.

If you reduce it to just facts like you are some wild west telegraph operated dot dot dot dash dash :D then yea you get the gist of it but you are missing nuances, Kylo is a conflicted individual you get to see his projected image and you get to see just how fragile and vulnerable he is in reality, then we have Rey you say she is good but who knows by the end of this new movie :p you kinda have to see it to judge the tones and feel for yourself and get an idea for the new characters cause most likely we will get a lot more of them in the future.

EvilDDS likes this.