Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get it.

this looked and felt waaay more like star wars to me than force awakens.

though at times it felt like star wars for the marvel movie kids...which is surprising considering how many ppl love those things and i dont really

I apologize for not writting a review or wjat not. difficult for me because im so weary of ruining any thing

Just saw The Last Jedi. Not that good.

The Force Awakens wasn't that great but after watching The Last Jedi, I guarantee you'll have more appreciation for TFA in comparison.

(Full review later)

Interesting.

Then again you gave Blade Runner 2049 a 7.5/10 so it’s not like you’re infallible.

I'm a huge star wars fan. Huge. I grew up watching the originals multiple times over.

I didn't mind the prequels, mainly liked them for their epic battles and the history.
(I share the same gripes with them many do.)

The Force Awakens was good when I saw it, but I felt it was there to do admin work and set the tone. It was essentially a remake of a new hope. Which is what had to happen anyway and I understood that. I still thought it was good.
Loved Rogue One. Great movie, they tied it in well with the original saga.

Saw The Last Jedi last night, and I was so, so disappointed. Almost on the line of being angry that this saga has been ruined.
Best SW movie ever? Give me a break.. I've got so many frustrations with this movie. After this movie, I'm having a hard time even liking The Force Awakens as my original frustrations with TFA have now resurfaced.

Should you go and see it at the movies and make your own judgement? Absolutely.
Do I think it reeks of America's SJW bullshit? Absolutely.
Do I think the writers have absolutely no idea about build up, power balances and history? Absolutely.
Could it have been so much more? Absolutely.

Edit: I really, really wanted to like it. I went in with an open mind and was willing to like or dislike it based on the move I saw, not what I read some dork on the internet say
I just can't like it.

Last edited:
I haven't seen the movie yet but I just want to say that the originals were much better as a set than individually. Matched film for film, individually, the Lord of the Rings I think was better. As a whole, 4-6, was better than lotr 1-3 in my humble opinion.

TFA was overly rushed in my opinion. The pacing was too fast that I had problems staying awake. Rogue One was much better in this regard. It wasn't bad but it felt like a virgin rushing through everything to get all things your supposed to do out of the way. Instead of chilling knowing that 5-10 movies will be on the way.

Last edited:
It was too long because of the who gives a fuck adventures of Finn and random asian girl.

I will be eagerly awaiting the fan edit which removes this stupid shit entirely. But I doubt very much it would fix the film as a whole. Removing shit from shit......you're still left with shit.

i'm stunned, i really felt discomfortable watching so much nonsense. It was good to see the Luke, but Rey ruined it again, she have a charisma of a blue whale. This movie screams garbage. ill never watch a star wars film again. Franchise went full bizarre.
SHAMEFUL
1/10

The more people shit on it the more I want to see it, for some reason. Monday can't come fast enough.

Most people I've talked to said they hated this movie, I'm genuinely shocked to be honest. Goes to show how much money disney pays these critics.

Just saw The Last Jedi. Not that good.

The Force Awakens wasn't that great but after watching The Last Jedi, I guarantee you'll have more appreciation for TFA in comparison.

(Full review later)

Fuck me. Well I'm committed to seeing this but man this sucks to hear.

i'm stunned, i really felt discomfortable watching so much nonsense. It was good to see the Luke, but Rey ruined it again, she have a charisma of a blue whale. This movie screams garbage. ill never watch a star wars film again. Franchise went full bizarre.
SHAMEFUL
1/10

1/10?

Fuck off, 1/10 would be an unwatchable piece of shit. Like walk out after 10 minutes bad and ask for a refund. Did you do that? If not, give it a realistic score like a 4 or 5 out of 10.

Watched it again from a stream. First 45 minutes are decent. Plot wise it does not make sense. Its like an inverse of ESB. Last few minutes are ok.

Has its moments, but from a fanboy pov its a pile of shit. As a film its ok.

so if i can get just regular tickets I;ll see it --- but just to get it out of the way.

I'm gonna leave Sherdog and watch all the best scenes from the original trilogy to wash this out of my mouth. I don't think it was a shit film as someone said above. I'd put it on par with the prequels. Rogue one was good. They can get it right. May the force b with u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back