Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing just occured to me about the trailer: when Rey is being torturted by Snoke, she appears to be strapped down on a table. So was she defeated and captured by Ren, who took her to Snoke? Did she got to Snoke of her own free will, to learn something Luke couldn't teach her?
That scene, she isn’t strapped to a table, he has her frozen and bent back! But yes, why is she there, to confront Snoke or did REN capture her and bring her to him.

The last one sucked, I am expecting this one to suck.

And make a gajillion dollars.

Exactly. There is an infinite supply of Death Stars and Sith Lords, it’s useless to resist, the rebels are fucked.

Where does Snoke come from? Probably some stupid explanation for his existence.

22491912_1527582367277425_6782081439306691190_n.jpg

Last edited:
The trailer is decent. I can't get past Kylo Ren. He looks like a little bitch version of Harry Potter's Professor Snape. Snape is scarier. I'll probably get it "On Demand" when it's available on TV or borrow the "ULTRA PLATINUM MAXIMUM 3D EXTENDED CUT WITH COMMENTARY MILENNIAL VERSION" of the DVD when my Star Wars dork co-worker buys it.

This was from New York Comic-con, The Last Jedi display interacting with the fans

Just realised that a lot of people are going to be saying "porg" when the movie is released and I'm going to have a second of excitement, where I think they're saying PAWG. Could make for an awkward conversation.

I'm pretty sure the little hamster doesn't die in The Last Jedi. It's the first time introduced to this character. It's probably one link for little kids to identify with this film as well
Little hampster

{<jordan}

iu

there's a bunch of them though.... so they could kill off a few & be okay. Might be too traumatic for the kids watching though.

One of my biggest issue with TFA. Palp dead, Vader dead, Tarkin long dead, Death Star finished again, Capital Ship finished, and literally the whole universe celebrating at the end of ROTJ (at least in the shitty new versions by Lucas). They didn't flesh out the New Order whatsoever, explain where they came from, why they're menacing, how they acquired power.
I too am curious to see how the new order rose to power... but the aftermath books explain how the Rebels hunted down the Empire with a little help from their snitch... so it makes sense that another group could come in & take the roll of head gangstaz.

The new republic is trying to re-establish democracy... but its leader Mon Mothma doesn't want a centralized army that can be corrupted by someone like Palpatine again. So the New Republic is relying on a unity of each planet's forces to work together to police the universe. With such a scattered police force... & the New Republic still trying to recruit everyone back into a democratic Senate... it makes it pretty easy for an organized gangsta force to step up & declare themselves king.

There are more books I need to read between Ep 6 & 7... so I hold out hope that the origins of the First Order will be explored

Last edited:
This movie is intriguing because there are so many threads from ep 7 to follow and explore. I think it will be the best of the three when all is said and done.

I heard there is a disney cruise going out the weekend before the movie is released and they are premiering it early to the passengers. Those lucky bastards. I wonder how many spoilers or scenes shot on phones will be texted and reach the webz.

If she is Rey Palpatine and he is Ben Solo/Skywalker it's like poetry, the roles have switched.

Also no Rey ain't evil and I don't see how she will turn unless Luke is like well you know about your parents.. I kinda killed them then took pitty on you and left you with a jolly fat alien in the sand, hope all is going well.
Great fun the way you said that.

I have a question though. This is the 2nd time I've heard you say that Luke killed Palpatine. That's not true. Luke didn't kill Palpatine or Vader. What about the mom? he didn't kill her either.

The worse feelingz Rey could have for Luke is that he was there when her dad died... & was on the opposing side. I see what you're going for... you're trying to find a shadow in the closet that would make Rey turn on Luke.... I just don't see it with this though.

I have a question though. This is the 2nd time I've heard you say that Luke killed Palpatine. That's not true. Luke didn't kill Palpatine or Vader. What about the mom? he didn't kill her either.

The worse feelingz Rey could have for Luke is that he was there when her dad died... & was on the opposing side. I see what you're going for... you're trying to find a shadow in the closet that would make Rey turn on Luke.... I just don't see it with this though.

A lot could have happened, still young and naive Luke from the end of ep 6 could be very different then a more jaded older Luke that seen and done some stuff by now.

When I say he killed Palp I mean his son aka Rey's father but he had limits and couldm't take out a 5 year old girl too.. so he just dropped her off with uncle fat alien.

<Fedor23>

I don't know if Luke is evil it must take some serious stuff.. maybe Snoke tried to turn him and he is left full Jekyll and Hyde struggling in the middle.

That's a fair point. Just thought they could of done a little more to flesh the New Order out. The whole super Death Star intro with that destroys 5 rando planets just felt like Alderaan 2.0 but without someone like Leia present to give us any real feeling about it.

Hopefully the new movie gives a little bit more depth regarding the big players/factions in the galaxy.
I don't mind them holding off the back story of the First Order for the movie. Once Snoke moves to the forefront, I can imagine the story being told.

They weren't random planets. They were a communications hub of the entire intergalactic universe. They legit could've built that whole thing for that one act & it would be legit. Once the planets were destroyed they couldn't give a sh*t less that the weapon was destroyed.

Think about the way Mon Mothma is creating a New Republic with no central army. She didn't want to do that in order to avoid another Palpatine situation. So she relies on all the planets who are members of the New Republic to come together to police the universe. It can only happen if they can communicate though. With no central army... you can only raise a large force by getting many planet's personal armies into a common fight.

So if you are the First Order wanting to take over... you knock out their communications system & then strike hard while they pick up the pieces & try to scramble to communicate with each other. & while negotiations & lack of communicationz are being dealt with... the First Order is kicking ass with a centralized army under the direct command of one person.

F*cking brilliant move imo.

Last edited:

We don't know that yet. We don't know what happened to Rey's mom - or even if she had one; Palpatine was known to experiment with Clones. In the EU, he actually comes back to life by transfering his spirit into a Clone of himself as a young man. Rey could be a female Clone, developed from Palpatine's DNA.

You can't go wrong with the great Sheev Palp.

Damn it now it's almost like I'm rooting for Rey to be part of the family. xD

S8-ME1Jb.png

Prequel MVP. No one else even comes close:cool:

Make Rey a Palpatine so she can MEGA - Make the Empire Great Again!:D

Last edited:
We don't know that yet. We don't know what happened to Rey's mom - or even if she had one; Palpatine was known to experiment with Clones. In the EU, he actually comes back to life by transfering his spirit into a Clone of himself as a young man. Rey could be a female Clone, developed from Palpatine's DNA.
True... but as you mentioned... none of that Palpatine clone stuff is Canon. Doesn't mean they can't use it & make it Canon... but we can't hold too close to the Palpatine clones until they make it "real." It's certainly possible though.

& Rey's mom being unknown is kind of my point about how Luke could've been the one to kill her. We don't know.

@One MMA Fan was speculating on what could turn Rey against Luke... & to his point... Luke telling her he killed his mom & dropped her off on Jakku might do the trick... but I'm really pressed to rolll with that idea mainly because 10 year old Rey is all ready rocking Jakku clothing when the space ship takes off in the force vision. Likely she was all ready on Jakku at that time. the people that took off were likely her parents since she's hung up on them coming back.

I suppose it's possible Luke killed them later... but then how would he know about Rey? ...and that the people he killed were her parents? Again, it's possible... but it's a big stretch to get us there imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back