Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm glad they brought him back in the Animated Clone Wars and Rebels.
most wasted potential of any character in SW.

I'm kinda hoping that Rey and Kylo team up and take out that snoke and that Luke has to go postal on them in the 3rd part.

im not watching the trailer. director said dont watch if u dont wanna be spoiled so i aint peepin a damn thing

im not reading NO responses about the trailer, not listening to nun of yalls opinions about said trailer.

just gonna be dry asf til the movie comes out

gonna keep watching the AMAZING justice league trailer over n over

More IMAX posters, Luke on both sides light and dark:

star-wars-last-jedi-imax-poster-ticket-display.jpg

Also spoiler care @Myrddin Wild @EvilDDS :D
Jar-Jar-Binks-the-last-Jedi.jpg
That's really interesting. I get Luke being able to harness the dark at the same time as not going full on evil... but to actually show him on Kylo's team is a strange bit. Maybe Darth Jar Jar can make sense of it all. :D

Couldn't agree more. Until he finally reveals himself, it's a master class in subtle manipulation. The Jedi, the Senate, the Seperatists - they are all no more than pawns on Palpatine's chessboard:cool:

You really should read the Darth Plagueis novel. Most of it is devoted to Palpatine

This review of the trailer is spot on. Exactly how I felt.

I wasn't expecting much as I usually hate these things, but these guys cracked me up talking about Disney having beef with DC and WB trailers.

Do you guys think this movie will do similar box office numbers as TFA? Would be pretty spectacular if this movie also surpassed the 2 billion mark. @Dragonlordxxxxx

Do you guys think this movie will do similar box office numbers as TFA? Would be pretty spectacular if this movie also surpassed the 2 billion mark. @Dragonlordxxxxx
Pfft it’ll do 2 billion on opening weekend!

Ha, kidding of course. That’s a tough one, but I think it’ll do less. TFA had huge hype because it had been several years so even casual fans wanted to see it. Also TFA turned off some fans of the original trilogy, as can be seen in Dragons thread. But also brought in new fans
The die hards will still go, but repeat viewing is iffy. Rian Johnson is doing something different apparently that the die hards may or may not like so that’ll affect repeat viewings. So I guess it comes down to whether the fans like what Rian did

Crap, was trying to find a Porg meme, but it was Mr. T from Rocky III, and it says "Prediction? Pooorrg!"

Last edited:
More IMAX posters, Luke on both sides light and dark:

star-wars-last-jedi-imax-poster-ticket-display.jpg

Also spoiler care @Myrddin Wild @EvilDDS :D
Jar-Jar-Binks-the-last-Jedi.jpg
Wow, I missed this initially. The pic isn't showing for me, the spoiler is, so just looked it up. That's an interesting IMAX display. Not sure if it shows up for others so will post the pic again

imaxlastjedi.jpg

And maybe I have to blow up the pic, but where is Snoke?

Edit, weird it shows up when I quote you, but your initial message, I can't see the pic

2nd edit, now it shows up. Wasn't showing up at first on my computer or on my phone. Glitchy sherdog for me

And Porg should be on both the light and dark side too, rumour has it that they caused all the destruction around Finn/Phasma when they have their fight

59dc486ac150553b008b46c9-1920-804.jpg

Kidding, for those lacking sarcasm skills

Wow, I missed this initially. The pic isn't showing for me, the spoiler is, so just looked it up. That's an interesting IMAX display. Not sure if it shows up for others so will post the pic again

imaxlastjedi.jpg

And maybe I have to blow up the pic, but where is Snoke?

Edit, weird it shows up when I quote you, but your initial message, I can't see the pic

2nd edit, now it shows up. Wasn't showing up at first on my computer or on my phone. Glitchy sherdog for me

It didn't show for me too just now.. now I see it again.. but nvm I went yolo and posted a bunch of links in the edit.

Sometimes when it is a broken link and you see just the '[ IMG' start, I just quote the message and copy the link and open it in a different tab and I can see the imagine.

And Porg should be on both the light and dark side too, rumour has it that they caused all the destruction around Finn/Phasma when they have their fight

59dc486ac150553b008b46c9-1920-804.jpg

Kidding, for those lacking sarcasm skills

I'm not even kidding there must be something with the Porgs I know toys and all that but there is more they will legit have a part in the movie and everyone making jokes about them should take it a tad more easy.

First had major hype and after we have some that didn't vibe with the script / soft reboot but they are in minority overall don't be influences by sherdog this place is harsher then a movie critic forum.

My guess is 1.6 - 1.7 bill $ at the end of the worldwide box office, this years Nr. 1.
I predict it will be the best film of the new trilogy and that will make the lowest out of all of them.

I think ep. 9 will have momentum built on the back of 8 and will be 'happier' and not red all over the place, red poster, red planet, red mist, red cave, red crystals, red throne room, red guards, red targeting systems on ships etc etc Rian likes red and is telling us the tone in this is a tad different/heavier.
So ep 9 will make more then all including ep 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back