Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI v.2 (First Critics Reviews Are Here; George Lucas' Reaction)

What did you think of the latest trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moar Porg!!

mlpajp9yn7ii6az0j8zd.jpg

30831d7268a92b41e19847de2899ed53.png

j33cwnuhp0zqfgfgkrt7.jpg

ginsi6lbqxuhhyxvnphx.png

heres-a-large-and-ridiculous-collection-of-porg-humor-that-has-flooded-the-internet27.jpg

heres-a-large-and-ridiculous-collection-of-porg-humor-that-has-flooded-the-internet53.jpg

The opera scene alone makes you wonder if some amazing screen writer was called in just for that scene alone just so Lucas can troll the fans.

I still don't know where that scene came from. It had everything. You could feel the intensity in that's scene

McDiarmid is a great actor. Made his bones in theater; Palpatine in RoTJ was his first big movie role. Every scene of his in the Prequels are gold.

McDiarmid is a great actor. Made his bones in theater; Palpatine in Empire was his first big movie role. Every scene of his in the Prequels are gold.

Yup. He stole every single Scene he was in. He added credibility to those prequels

Yup. He stole every single Scene he was in. He added credibility to those prequels

He's my favourite character in the Prequels and one of my favourites in the whole saga.

I'm seriously thinking of dressing up as Palpatine for Halloween this year:cool:

He's my favourite character in the Prequels and one of my favourites in the whole saga.

I'm seriously thinking of dressing up as Palpatine for Halloween this year:cool:

Well he is the best part of the prequels. His acting is so good he made everything look natural. Hard to do with that dialogue also.

Well he is the best part of the prequels. His acting is so good he made everything look natural. Hard to do with that dialogue also.

Couldn't agree more. Until he finally reveals himself, it's a master class in subtle manipulation. The Jedi, the Senate, the Seperatists - they are all no more than pawns on Palpatine's chessboard:cool:

Palp and Kenobi are the main reasons why I enjoy the prequels.

I was very surprised and underwhelmed by Padme (Natalie Portman) expected more of her even with the bad dialog like the other 2 I mentioned they still had their moments. Also underwhelmed by the use of Mace Windu you got that actor and he mostly talks and walks all in a monotone voice all he has is 2 action scenes. O well time for the new movies.

Me too when its a couple of smugglers piloting, not some chick and a former stormtrooper llama...

Chewie is still there my man, you still have something to look forward too if you are only into the original crew flying that bad boy you still have something there.

Palp and Kenobi are the main reasons why I enjoy the prequels.

I was very surprised and underwhelmed by Padme (Natalie Portman) expected more of her even with the bad dialog like the other 2 I mentioned they still had their moments. Also underwhelmed by the use of Mace Windu you got that actor and he mostly talks and walks all in a monotone voice all he has is 2 action scenes. O well time for the new movies.

Kenobi has a few good scenes. Especially his fight with Grevious. After losing his Light Saber he's forced to kill the General with a Blaster. He looks down at it and mutters, "So uncivilised!"

His reaction after pushing Anakin's shit in is McGregor's best acting of the Prequels,

"You were the Chosen One! You were supposed to destroy the Sith, not join them! Bring balance to the Force, not leave it in darkness! You were my brother, Anakin...I loved you".

One thing just occured to me about the trailer: when Rey is being torturted by Snoke, she appears to be strapped down on a table. So was she defeated and captured by Ren, who took her to Snoke? Did she got to Snoke of her own free will, to learn something Luke couldn't teach her?

She better and they better make Luke come back and whip some ass that needs whipping.

No I like Rey to stay good.. :D or maybe who knows.

Luke kicking some ass will be nice first he needs to get his mojo back and we to learn what the heck happend and who exactly is he up against.

Luke in ep. 5: "I'm not afraid!"

Yoda in ep. 5 in response to him: "You would be."

Luke in ep. 8: "I'm kinda afraid here not gonna lie."

One thing just occured to me about the trailer: when Rey is being torturted by Snoke, she appears to be strapped down on a table. So was she defeated and captured by Ren, who took her to Snoke? Did she got to Snoke of her own free will, to learn something Luke couldn't teach her?

Spoiler stuff for people wanting to go into this more blind better skip it.

The info that we know about Snoke is that he is someone/something very old, that 'old' could be 300 years old or could be 3000 years old yes that much we know for a fact that Kylo is sporting some "ancient" lightsaber design who revealed to him that ancient design I wonder.

We also know Snoke is sporting some never seen before powers in his moves, like that freeze ability he probably showed Kylo and some info out there from boxes with toys or something like that if you search for them will give a little line of info.

He is floating Rey probably at the end of the movie judging from her clothes she isn't wearing the ones from the start (also the ones from the Kylo hand out, that is editing in my opinion).. so he has more advance stuff then just force freeze he can float you while torturing you in old EU stuff if you get tortured and bombarded with dark energy for a long period of time from a dark force user at a master level you could also turn to the dark side just to be able to survive it like a self defense mechanisms but a perfect gateway for the bad people to change your software in a way. We have more theories with that scene, hope we don't get it as a cliffhanger for 2 freaking years.

Luke ain't just scared / traumatized because of his students and nephew he could very well be in cave talking with Yoda, Anakin, Kenobi, Qui Gon on what the heck to do about the ancient damn force user from the unknown region that is older then all of them combined and managed to manipulate his own blood against him, how the heck does he even fight back.. I guess this girl appeared.. that just means an easy +1 for Snoke or what, for all we know Snoke maybe was close in even turning Luke maybe that's why he is so screwed up.

I think I should put a spoiler tag on off this just to be safe.

Last edited:
This review of the trailer is spot on. Exactly how I felt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back