STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Oh he will. TLJ is a critical and commercial success. They’re going to let him do whatever he wants. The 50% of fans that are having a meltdown (myself included) be damned.
That’s the crazy thing. I’m seeing a lot of great reviews saying it one of the best Star Wars. It has a high rating on letterboxd where I do all my reviews and I usually trust. Only a .5 rating difference between it and Empire Strikes Back. LOLOLOL most of my friends who saw it thought it was amazing too.

Times like these I’m so happy I’ve found Sherdog or else I’d think I was going fucking crazy..

It was at opening because everyone was so excited to find out who snoke was, where Rey came from and Luke’s return.

After the news comes out we’ll see if it has staying power and continues to have box office success like the others did for the following weeks. I’m doubting it

I see it dropping off at an alarming rate

Maybe but Fast and Furious still sells like fucking crazy which I could have never predicted so who knows.

Negative, JJ Abrams was the shitty film maker. He simply rehashed a new hope with zero backstory to any of the new characters. Rian was tasked with creating an original movie that was not completely thought out by disney and jj.

Man, there was just as much of a playing the hits vibe with this as there was with TFA.

Canto Blight was a ripoff Cloud City
Crait was a salty version of Hoth
Jedi training on a faraway, remote planet.
Secret cave, strong in the darkside.
Main character comes to a sad realization about their parentage.

Also, a ROTJ rehash, but still. The big bad, gets killed by his apprentice, to save the good guy.

It really is my biggest problem with the last two flicks.

I still don't see how 6 people thought this movie was 10/10 (with no reason given). Either they are 12 years old or simply simpletons who will buy anything disney throws at them.
yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg

No, I'm pretty sure anyone dumb enough to give this a 10/10 is probably retarded. I can understand 8 and maybe even a 9 if they enjoyed themselves, but a 10? Maybe for someone whos new to the series I could see that being a possibility or maybe they have extremely low expections. The latter seems to be the case imo.

That’s the crazy thing. I’m seeing a lot of great reviews saying it one of the best Star Wars. It has a high rating on letterboxd where I do all my reviews and I usually trust. Only a .5 rating difference between it and Empire Strikes Back. LOLOLOL most of my friends who saw it thought it was amazing too.

Times like these I’m so happy I’ve found Sherdog or else I’d think I was going fucking crazy..

LOL, reminds me of this:

888.jpg

That’s how I’d feel if it wasn’t for this place too.

Phantom menace is 10/10 too if this movie is..
I think its the hipster thing to like it just because its so shitty. Theres always those people who like things based on the fact everyone else hates it. If you told me a year ago this was the script Rian Johnson wrote, I'd call you a damn liar.

What do you mean "you people?" You think Im alt right? Lol...

I guarantee I am more passionate/knowledgeable about Star Wars than anyone on this website. Pointing out the clear political pandering done in this movie to appease an "audience" of far left feminists (who have written multiple articles about the movie as a sign of empowerment to women), somehow makes me political... mmmk.

P.s. - I like Rey, and Finn would be good if he toned the comedy down a bit. Poe is clearly Wedge 2.0, but less interesting and with forced jokes that turn Star Wars into Guardians of the Galaxy.

I know a thing or two about Star Wars brah.

I’m gonna be hard to beat in this department lol

I don't get what people wanted out of Snoke. I thought he fulfilled his destiny as the Mysterious Giant Hologram rather well, plus he was a prime example of Luke's 2nd Lesson (hubris).

People just need to accept that this was a shitty star wars movie, as bad if not worse than the prequels.
What did you think of THE FORCE AWAKENS?

Great fucking movie. I’ll say more later, but I’m honestly stunned that anybody thought it wasn’t at least better than TFA. It was, in so many ways, and I happened to like TFA for what it was. This movie did everything better.
I get there were some decisions people would not like and of course the Leia in space was a dumb move, but nothing that would invoke the hate I am seeing.

New order by episode:
Colonoscopy
Huge festering facial sore

Great fucking movie. I’ll say more later, but I’m honestly stunned that anybody thought it wasn’t at least better than TFA. It was, in so many ways, and I happened to like TFA for what it was. This movie did everything better.
I get there were some decisions people would not like and of course the Leia in space was a dumb move, but nothing that would invoke the hate I am seeing.

New order by episode:
Colonoscopy
Huge festering facial sore
Hows it a great movie when you listed all these as things you didnt like? You even went on to say Lucas did a better job in many more areas. Seems to be a complete contradiction to what you said a few days ago. Hell you even listed the reasons why people hate it and are asking why its getting hate? lol wut
  • So much over the top slapstick comedy. Like it felt like GOTG mixed with old Star Wars themes.
  • General Hux is a terrible actor, like atrocious. And him being a punchline mixed with temper tantrum Kylo really makes the 1st Order come off as not remotely intimidating.
  • Hated the 1st 30 minutes of the movie. Didn't get good until the Luke/Rey scenes.
  • Snoke was an absolute waste of a character and the design was so uninspired. Felt like a lazy way to not have to get out of giving the character any depth or backstory.
  • BB-8 turning into the soccer ball version of fucking Rambo.
  • Mark was great with what he was given, but Jesus they butchered Luke. So he becomes a selfish isolated dick that was on the verge of killing his Nephew. Like completely killed who he was as a person. Luke and Han had such pathetic falls from grace.
  • The Jedi training could have included a little more training
  • Recycled plot points like crazy. Rey pulling a ROTJ Luke going straight to the enemy, evacuation in the beginning just like Hoth, Dark Side Cave like Dagobah.
  • Brienne of Tarth was an overhyped can.
  • Say what you want about Lucas, but he did a much better job of introducing new lore, locations, species, and universe building. This new movies feel like fan fiction at times.
  • Carrie was good, but I don't know what you do now that she's dead IRL.
  • Also RIP to King Calamari Admiral Ackbar.

I know a thing or two about Star Wars brah.

I’m gonna be hard to beat in this department lol

Come at me bro lol.

I think most of the posters in these threads obviously knew way more than the writes and directors for tlj.

Come at me bro lol.

I think most of the posters in these threads obviously knew way more than the writes and directors for tlj.

I don't think the writer/director of TLJ even watched TFA.

Was I seeing things or did that little kid at the end pick up the broom with the force?

Was I seeing things or did that little kid at the end pick up the broom with the force?
You are correct, another face palm moment. Apparently the force hands out participation trophies as well.

I don't think the writer/director of TLJ even watched TFA.
That’s pretty much my feeling.

They have all this stuff out with snoke in print and his ring, dress, guards etc etc and we get this ?

They didn’t pay attention to shit. Let’s kill him now, no one is expecting that!!

You are correct, another face palm moment. Apparently the force hands out participation trophies as well.

That didn’t bother me, it would Be easy enough to figure out that, much more so than the Jedi mind trick with no training.

Back