STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I just started watching Rebels. Started with season 2...show is a bit slow and lighthearted for me, but at least it shows imagination and makes the SW universe seem large.

Where the hell are the inquisitors in the live action films?! It seems like the only things the film take from Rebels....they put it all in Rogue One...

Rogue one had a few awesome set pieces and ideas...if only the creative powers behing Rogue One, Solo, and Episodes 7 and 8 could have all been working on the mainline episode films...we could have gotten more creative with the live action.

Imagine the tropical desert island setting in episode VII or VIII. Awesome. Would have been so much cooler than "Not Tatooine"/Jakku.

And imagine a few of the villain designs being used in episode 7 and 8...that way we couldn't have to rely on useless Phasma and Kylo Ren for "cool" looking villains.

We need more likable characters in the episode movies. I find it odd how Rian says "I wish I could have put Lando in there...but there was already too much"....huh??? you just introduced TWO characters in such a huge franchise, Rose and Holdo, who both happen to be the most useless, shoe horned characters in SW history.

Imagine Rian Johnson trying to tacke a movie with 30 + characters like Infinity War. He couldn't do it.

I really hope the Russo brothers get to direct a potential Episode X in about 6 or 7 years from now. I have no doubt they could do a good job. They know all about finding the perfect tone (going from Arrested Development - Community -Cap 2 - Cap Civil War - Infinity War shows their incredible range).

We've all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us...

ep8-ff-004349_fd1e44fa.jpeg

IX already set in the wrong direction:

-Rumors from set pics so far (potential spoilers below)

-Ok, so reports from the set photos indicate the Resistance is using guerilla warfare.

So why is this concerning? Because yet AGAIN, it looks like the good guys are the severe underdogs....

See Rian Johnson? You effectively brought us back to where the Galaxy was in A New Hope.....

I am still holding out hope for a MAJOR time skip (talking at least 2 or 3 years later) where the Resistance has grown considerably and the galaxy is at WAR...recruitment into the Resistance at an all time high (refugees from oppressed governments, remnants of the New Republic, Lando and his army from Cloud City, and more).

The First Order, meanwhile, should see a decline in recruitment, the only people joining willingly are conservative Empire sympathizers (neo nazis basically). We need to feel that The First Order is just one party in this galaxy, and not the central Government of the galaxy like the Empire was.

I really hope the Russo brothers get to direct a potential Episode X in about 6 or 7 years from now. I have no doubt they could do a good job. They know all about finding the perfect tone (going from Arrested Development - Community -Cap 2 - Cap Civil War - Infinity War shows their incredible range).
A lot of reports and rumors about , that JJ can’t right the ship Rian tried to sink in one film, and they are already planning on it being 9 AND 10, and will go straigh to filming 10 on the completion of 9.

A lot of reports and rumors about , that JJ can’t right the ship Rian tried to sink in one film, and they are already planning on it being 9 AND 10, and will go straigh to filming 10 on the completion of 9.

At that point Rian and Kathleen have to admit that they lacked foresight and say "Yeah we should have been more focused on long term planning for the franchise"

Anyone in the editing process with half a brain would watch episode 8 and say "Umm...how can we possibly wrap this up with one more episode when the state of the galaxy is the worst it's ever been in the entire SW saga?"

Daisy Ridley must be PISSED. She never seemed that thrilled to be part of Star Wars.

Also, she publicly undermined Rian Johnson by telling us that when the cast and crew were in the dark about who would take over after Colin Treverrow's departure....she kept saying "We thought it was gonna be Rian Johnson..." and that when she heard it was JJ Abrams, she cried tears of joy. Wow...she must have really not liked working with Rian Johnson. Plus the fact that she said "Rian Johnson just discarded the whole outline JJ had for episodes 8 and 9".

Daisy Ridley must be PISSED. She never seemed that thrilled to be part of Star Wars.

Also, she publicly undermined Rian Johnson by telling us that when the cast and crew were in the dark about who would take over after Colin Treverrow's departure....she kept saying "We thought it was gonna be Rian Johnson..." and that when she heard it was JJ Abrams, she cried tears of joy. Wow...she must have really not liked working with Rian Johnson. Plus the fact that she said "Rian Johnson just discarded the whole outline JJ had for episodes 8 and 9".

Wouldn't she signed a 3 film contract

Wouldn't she signed a 3 film contract

Yeah good on her. She is set for life. Even if she doesn't like it, she can just phone in her performance for Ep IX and get away with it.

Seriously though, Daisy Ridley's interviews have left me quite unimpressed. I guess she is very unhollywood and unfiltered, which is a plus. But she also comes across as a bit....blank and uninteresting...and not very down to earth: "I don't believe in weaknesses in people" - Daisy on talking about Rey's weaknesses

Yes I have mentioned numerous times here that Daisy and others have said rian threw away the shit JJ gave him and did his own shit anyway and certain people never believe it.

Yes I have mentioned numerous times here that Daisy and others have said rian threw away the shit JJ gave him and did his own shit anyway and certain people never believe it.

Who specifically

At that point Rian and Kathleen have to admit that they lacked foresight and say "Yeah we should have been more focused on long term planning for the franchise"

Anyone in the editing process with half a brain would watch episode 8 and say "Umm...how can we possibly wrap this up with one more episode when the state of the galaxy is the worst it's ever been in the entire SW saga?"

Abrams himself is really the biggest problem there though, I mean Lucas didn't really know what he was going to do after ANH but that didn't stop that film being a really good setup for what followed building characters and setting. JJ on the other hand was just throwing out his action/humour/nostalgia rollercoster putting in very little legwork, just looking to play off of elements of the originals rather than giving the sequels a strong foundation to build off of.

Disney and Lucasfilm should have heeded the warning from Trek that any success under him would only be short term.

Abrams himself is really the biggest problem there though, I mean Lucas didn't really know what he was going to do after ANH but that didn't stop that film being a really good setup for what followed building characters and setting. JJ on the other hand was just throwing out his action/humour/nostalgia rollercoster putting in very little legwork, just looking to play off of elements of the originals rather than giving the sequels a strong foundation to build off of.

Disney and Lucasfilm should have heeded the warning from Trek that any success under him would only be short term.

What are we talking about

Third new Trec was the best

Did JJ do all 3?

First one was bleh and second one was :eek:

But third one was pretty good

What are we talking about

Third new Trec was the best

Did JJ do all 3?

First one was bleh and second one was :eek:

But third one was pretty good

Yeah it probably was the best of that kind of film but really it wasn't Trek anymore just a random action franchise and interest was dying.

Back