Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good lookin' out buddeh... yes, that does verify the fancy dress... & his height. it doesn't yet tell us anything about him being human or not though. Humans can get that tall.

He is tall and thin and has holes in his face and neck, his neck is like this alien body part that's not a human neck imo.

He is tall and thin and has holes in his face and neck, his neck is like this alien body part that's not a human neck imo.

Those are clearly the result of injuries.

Someone really fucked him up at some point in the past.

He looks like a human that had a tracheostomy or 2 & was badly burned... possibly even burned right through his cheek... or a light saber through the cheek.

Something un-natural happened to the left side of his head. The way it's indented n stuff where the other side isn't tells us he's been deformed.

You could be right... but I don't think we have any conclusive evidence yet that he's not human.

0NnemGR.jpg

Those are clearly the result of injuries.

Someone really fucked him up at some point in the past.

He looks like a human that had a tracheostomy or 2 & was badly burned... possibly even burned right through his cheek... or a light saber through the cheek.

Something un-natural happened to the left side of his head. The way it's indented n stuff where the other side isn't tells us he's been deformed.

You could be right... but I don't think we have any conclusive evidence yet that he's not human.

0NnemGR.jpg

I don't know what to tell you but to me his neck ain't human looking even scarred and burned and old or the heck happened to him he doesn't look human, more like an humanoid alien.

And his eyes, the space between them, I don't know it's designed like this to screw with us, alien but with some human features.

Looking around I just found this from Pablo Hidalgo the dude in charge of all the Star Wars canon materials and stories.

Cryptic ass tweet:

I don't know what to tell you but to me his neck ain't human looking even scarred and burned and old or the heck happened to him he doesn't look human, more like an humanoid alien.

And his eyes, the space between them, I don't know it's designed like this to screw with us, alien but with some human features.

Looking around I just found this from Pablo Hidalgo the dude in charge of all the Star Wars canon materials and stories.

Cryptic ass tweet:

Hmmm... so if that's right from the book... he does clearly say "not human."

That's a pretty substantial argument... but I'm only 10% swayed. I'd like to see the context of how it waz said. Was it "someone's opinion" that was being quoted. or was it the narrator speaking? The context in which it waz said could actually change whether or not that waz an official statement, or if it waz just something to say he didn't "look" human... which we all ready know.

Hmmm... so if that's right from the book... he does clearly say "not human."

That's a pretty substantial argument... but I'm only 10% swayed. I'd like to see the context of how it waz said. Was it "someone's opinion" that was being quoted. or was it the narrator speaking? The context in which it waz said could actually change whether or not that waz an official statement, or if it waz just something to say he didn't "look" human... which we all ready know.

I don't know.. it can mean a lot of things, "he is a monster he isn't human" that does mean his species is alien ? we say that all the time about criminals and terrorist and what not.

That's why I say cryptic tweet, it's all about context and we kinda miss it to fully judge freely, my gut is telling me alien but I can't call it 100% yet.. we shall find out in a few months. (or maybe we won't we will just continue the debate)

Update: August 24, 2017

First Order Dreadnought Warship and AT-M6 Walker from THE LAST JEDI Officially Revealed

Thanks to the latest edition of The Star Wars Show, we have our first official glimpse of two of the devastating new technological terrors The First Order have added to their arsenal: the Dreadnought warship and the AT-M6 walker.

The Dreadnought is classified as a Mandator IV-class warship, featuring two enormous orbital autocannons for large-scale bombardments and 24 point-defense anti-aircraft cannons on its dorsal surface. It’s also big — 7,669.72 meters in length, or 25,162.8 feet.

The AT-M6 (All Terrain MegaCaliber Six), named for the laser cannon on its back, dwarfs the Empire’s AT-AT; its simian-like gait stabilizes the cannon.

star-wars-the-last-jedi-at-m6-1024x1024.jpg

star-wars-the-last-jedi-first-order-dreadnought-wideshot-1024x731.jpg

Star Wars: The Last Jedi First Order Dreadnought Warship And AT-M6 Walker Officially Revealed

I saw them already I'm good little Star Wars fan. :D

Yea they look decent nothing to spectacular or to out there, they just added stuff on old models they want to keep it as close to the original look but still 'new' so they can have new stuff out and make bank.

Not bad.. but again nothing to original or new about it.

Old walker with fatter legs, gorilla look and Snoke's destroyer looks like a pizza slice that forgot to zip up. *ehem* :D

I saw them already I'm good little Star Wars fan. :D

Yea they look decent nothing to spectacular or to out there, they just added stuff on old models they want to keep it as close to the original look but still 'new' so they can have new stuff out and make bank.

Not bad.. but again nothing to original or new about it.

Old walker with fatter legs, gorilla look and Snoke's destroyer looks like a pizza slice that forgot to zip up. *ehem* :D
Yeah, it hit me the same way.

I ain't too mad about their close copy of previous models. In reality, if they feel like the past models were effective... it makes sense to keep the basic design, but just tweek it a bit. More & bigger guns on the Pizzanought makes sense.

The monkey AT-M6 canon restricts the head cab part from looking or shooting upward too hard... but maybe it retracts if the head raises up. The AT-M6 being bigger & having more fire power will also have bigger stronger legs which is its obvious weakness. Still is... but bigger & stronger legz makes it harder to take out the legz. They need a shooting station right in the bottom middle so that they can attack people who are down there by the legz. I would also add on the ability to detach the legs so that if they are compromised... the top part can take off as a ship, yeah.

Brother One has turned to the dark side recently with his Conor resistance... maybe he can get me in with the First Order to sell them some of my design improvement ideaz. I need some work Mr. One... hook a brother up!

I am of coarse a double agent for the resistance... so would build in weak points into the design, but don't tell the First Order that. :D

I ain't too mad about their close copy of previous models. In reality, if they feel like the past models were effective... it makes sense to keep the basic design, but just tweek it a bit. More & bigger guns on the Pizzanought makes sense.

The monkey AT-M6 canon restricts the head cab part from looking or shooting upward too hard... but maybe it retracts if the head raises up. The AT-M6 being bigger & having more fire power will also have bigger stronger legs which is its obvious weakness. Still is... but bigger & stronger legz makes it harder to take out the legz. They need a shooting station right in the bottom middle so that they can attack people who are down there by the legz. I would also add on the ability to detach the legs so that if they are compromised... the top part can take off as a ship, yeah.

Brother One has turned to the dark side recently with his Conor resistance... maybe he can get me in with the First Order to sell them some of my design improvement ideaz. I need some work Mr. One... hook a brother up!

I am of coarse a double agent for the resistance... so would build in weak points into the design, but don't tell the First Order that. :D

It's time for the Jedi to end, it's time for the resistance and first order to end!

I'm just grey Jedi speaking from inside his tree (that looks like a cave in the dark teaser trailer).

Ha, "Pizzanought", that's gold Jerry, gold! That design does look kinda bland though

I read on another site that the legs of the AT-M6 are supposed to prevent what happened on Hoth from happening again. Not sure how that would actually work though. The design looks pretty badass but like you said, how does it look up with that cannon sticking out it's back. If it doesn't retract, then you just gotta attack from high up, or as Obi says, the high ground

Ha, "Pizzanought", that's gold Jerry, gold! That design does look kinda bland though

I read on another site that the legs of the AT-M6 are supposed to prevent what happened on Hoth from happening again. Not sure how that would actually work though. The design looks pretty badass but like you said, how does it look up with that cannon sticking out it's back. If it doesn't retract, then you just gotta attack from high up, or as Obi says, the high ground
Yeah, I mean cut off a leg & the M6 fallz right? It's much bigger so much harder to do... but I'm not sure how monkey front legs help. Looks less stable to me.

Phasma back-story comes out next week too, if anyone is interested.

Not sure if I'll read this one or not. Apparently the novel is of a young Phasma, living on her planet that is "Mad Max" like. The story has a strange ship crash land on her planet which was carrying Brendol Hux. Can't remember if he was in the AfterMath books or the Bloodline book, I've read so many the last little while. Anyway, he's the father of Hux from The Force Awakens. He promises the people on Phasma's planet that if they can help repair his ship, he'll bring anyone who wants to come back with him to the First Order where they will never have to worry about food, and promises wealth and glory. Well, I guess little gal Phasma takes him up on this and heads off to the First Order.

I usually like back stories but Phasma doesn't do it for me. Meh, if I'm bored then perhaps I'll check it out

Some pics of Snoke's ship

mega_star_destroyer.png

udbrgyj7gh7ainzdamej.png

pxjmjtoqkcywceeusox2.png

mqvroxk6vwqvksmt47hp.png

Some cool stuff released today for Star Wars toys. Last year my gf bought me that Sphero BB-8, still play around with it to chase our cats. The R2 one released today is pretty awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back