Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting vid, a little long but still kept my interest.

Also, been reading about Star Wars ring theory lately, dude Mike Klimo has very interesting posts

I dont know if im the only one but after the force awakens im not that excited for this movie. I feel like ep7 had so many fuck you moments to the fans.

I feel like this one has a better director but if he just has to follow a script that follows a horrible star wars movie then...

I also feel that they are getting rid of anything that resembles the old star wars. I feel like they are pushing out the jedi/sith aspect of star wars. I will be seeing it but if its another shitty movie i will stop seeing them
Yes, you're the only one.

"Horrible Star wars" is an obvious exaggeration. Unless you're just not into sci fi at all... but for someone who is open to it... & enjoyed the previous movies, there are no bad star wars movies.

Maybe you have your preferences about how it could've gone better or that you didn't like some of the things about it... but in the end... it's still Star Wars... that world was presented in a well made movie... & that garnishes at the very least, a "mediocre" rating just because it's in that world. "horrible" is obviously that you didn't get the fix you expected... and I think you're just acting out a bit to show your disaproval... but again... "it's still Star Wars."

Interesting vid, a little long but still kept my interest.

Also, been reading about Star Wars ring theory lately, dude Mike Klimo has very interesting posts
Where do you read those Mike Limo theories that you vibed with?

On instagram, just some of the posts but interesting to read through

Here's his article

http://www.starwarsringtheory.com/

Does making references to (or Xeroxing pages from the screenplays for) your own previous movies in newer ones really warrant development of an overarching theory to glorify it?

The Force Awakens copies scenes and concepts from A New Hope = the #1 criticism of TFA.

George Lucas copies scenes from the original trilogy in the prequels = Ring Theory.

Bruce Willis says "Yippie Ki Yay" in Die Hard 5 = ... Ring Theory?

Last edited:
Does making references to (or Xeroxing pages from the screenplays for) your own previous movies in newer ones really warrant development of an overarching theory to glorify it?

The Force Awakens copies scenes and concepts from A New Hope = the #1 criticism of TFA.

George Lucas copies scenes from the original trilogy in the prequels = Ring Theory.

Bruce Willis say "Yippie Ki Yay" in Die Hard 5 = ... Ring Theory?

Maybe ol George is actually Mike Klimo just trying to throw us off

Yes, you're the only one.

"Horrible Star wars" is an obvious exaggeration. Unless you're just not into sci fi at all... but for someone who is open to it... & enjoyed the previous movies, there are no bad star wars movies.

Maybe you have your preferences about how it could've gone better or that you didn't like some of the things about it... but in the end... it's still Star Wars... that world was presented in a well made movie... & that garnishes at the very least, a "mediocre" rating just because it's in that world. "horrible" is obviously that you didn't get the fix you expected... and I think you're just acting out a bit to show your disaproval... but again... "it's still Star Wars."

you lost me at no bad star wars

Alright, who's buying this?

njtbj0tb55yfecjzyu7d.jpg

The Skywalker Lightsaber that was used in both A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back is just one of a slew of impressive lots in the latest auction from Profiles in History. It’ll take place June 26-28 in Los Angeles.

According to a press release, the company estimates the Skywalker Lightsaber will sell for between $150,000 and $250,000. For the past several decades, the precious prop was in the possession of producer Gary Kurtz, who is including a personalized letter to certify authenticity.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/the-actual-skywalker-lightsaber-from-star-wars-and-empi-1795972052

Not really on topic but I just read this quote on a YouTube video and had to share.

New Hope begins with Darth Vader boarding the ship carrying his daughter, the droid he built as a child, and another droid he hung around with, above the planet where he was born and his mother died and where he began his inevitable slide into the Dark Side, and where is currently living his son, his old mentor, and his brother and sister in law. For someone supposedly strong in the force, he's a bit oblivious.

Liked the Ackbar at the end with "it's a wrap!"

And those birds are supposed to play a big role I think. Protectors of Ahch-To, and will test Rey. I went back to glimpse The Force Awakens and as she walks the steps to go to Luke, there are definitely birds circling around and squawking

Not really on topic but I just read this quote on a YouTube video and had to share.

New Hope begins with Darth Vader boarding the ship carrying his daughter, the droid he built as a child, and another droid he hung around with, above the planet where he was born and his mother died and where he began his inevitable slide into the Dark Side, and where is currently living his son, his old mentor, and his brother and sister in law. For someone supposedly strong in the force, he's a bit oblivious.

Clouds_everything.jpg

must've posted at the exact same time

Yea, no problem. :D

Question is where is that Dragon .. see he has something against Star Wars HA! HA! he has been discovered.

@One MMA Fan Damn, vid got me so hyped. And Carrie Fisher, gets me emotional

Yea loved this BTS reel for this movie. Now let's see how many weeks we meed to wait for Teaser Nr. 2. xD

I have a feeling this movie will be the best in the series and that Rian Johnson is playing at a different level then JJ Abrams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back